more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff - 04/01/20...

Started by WhiteJC, January 04, 2020, 07:13:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Chelsea have approach for ex-Fulham forward Dembele rejected

Lyon have rejected an approach from Chelsea for former Fulham forward Moussa Dembele.

The Blues were prepared to pay around £33m for the 23-year-old, who left west London to join Celtic in 2016 and moved to Lyon two years later.

He made 56 league appearances for Fulham, scoring 15 goals, and was linked with various top Premier League clubs before ending up in Glasgow and then back in his native France.

Chelsea are keen to bring in a striker during this month's transfer window and Dembele is among several possible signings the club have discussed.

But Lyon have made it clear they have no wish to sell.

Prior to receiving Chelsea's approach, Lyon released a statement which read: "Olympique Lyonnais has taken note of certain information relayed by the media suggesting that Moussa Dembele could interest other clubs during this transfer window.

"We would like to reaffirm its wish, as in the summer of 2019, to keep Moussa Dembele. The club has full confidence in Moussa and counts in particular on him to build a successful team for the seasons to come."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/chelsea/football-chelsea-have-offer-for-former-fulham-star-rejected

WhiteJC

Opoku's Loan Extension

The Club can confirm that Jerome Opoku has extended his loan spell with Accrington Stanley until the end of the season.

The 21-year-old defender has made 17 appearances for Stanley, contributing three assists in his initial six-month loan.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/january/03/opoku-loan-extension

WhiteJC

Jerome extends his stay

The Reds have extended Jerome Opoku's loan spell until the end of the season

Accrington Stanley have today extended the loan deal of full-back Jerome Opoku from Fulham until the end of the season.

The 21-year-old, who joined the club on transfer deadlne day, has since gone on to establish himself as the first choice left-back in John Coleman's squad.

Opoku has made 18 appearances so far this season, with 15 of those coming in Sky Bet League One.

The Fulham loanee has also provided three assists for the Reds, including the final pass for Colby Bishop's winner away at Southend United.

Speaking about the extension, Opoku said: "I'm just delighted really, obviously the plan was to get a loan and be somewhere for the whole season, so when this opportunity came I was just happy to stay here until the end of the season.

"The support has been great and I'm enjoying my time here, so thank you to the fans."

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/news/2020/january/jerome-extends-his-stay/

WhiteJC

Mark Lawrenson issues prediction for Fulham's clash with Aston Villa

Mark Lawrenson has predicted Fulham and Aston Villa to play out a 1-1 draw when the two sides meet on Saturday.

The Cottagers host the Premier League side in a game that will bring back memories of the 2018 play-off final where Fulham beat the Villans 1-0 at Wembley.

Now it's Scott Parker's side who are vying in the Championship whilst their Saturday opponents play Premier League football. It should be an interesting game with neither side lighting up their divisions in recent matches.

Lawrenson has expressed that he feels the game will go to a replay, and that Aston Villa will be quite happy to take the tie back to Villa Park.

Speaking to BBC Sport, Lawrenson said: "As far as other shocks go, Fulham are decent at home and Aleksandar Mitrovic will be a handful for Aston Villa who I think will be happy to take the tie back to their place.

"Villa tried a different formation, a 3-4-3, in their win over Burnley last time out. It worked, but they saw striker Wesley and goalkeeper Tom Heaton get injured, which will not help them on Saturday."

The Verdict

Both teams will make numerous changes for this game, and Parker will be focused on building his squad's confidence after some demoralising defeats in recent weeks.

Dean Smith will just be hoping for no more injuries after his side suffered two key first-team players (Wesley Moraes and Tom Heaton) facing long-term action out of the team in the victory over Burnley.

He'll be making changes to ensure players such as Jack Grealish remain ready and fit for the league games. It should be an interesting game, with both sides capable of a cup run.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/mark-lawrenson-issues-prediction-for-fulhams-clash-with-aston-villa/

WhiteJC

3 transfer priorities Fulham need to sort this month

Fulham began the New Year with a 2-1 loss at home to Reading in the Championship.

Ending last year on a mini-run, three unbeaten with two wins, Fulham fans were expecting a strong start to 2020 as well.

But they came up against a Reading side who are starting to click under Mark Bowen, and they secured their fourth-straight win in the Championship at Craven Cottage, thanks to goals from John Swift and Charlie Adam.

Ivan Cavaleiro pulled one back for Fulham but it was too little, too late.

Now with the January transfer window open, it gives Parker a chance to reassess his squad and bolster where he feels appropriate.

There'll also be one or two players looking for the door, and here we take a look at three transfer priorities that Fulham need to sort this month:

Aleksandar Mitrovic
The Serb has inevitably been linked with a move away from Fuham after another prolific first-half of the season – he's the leading scorer in the Championship with 18 goals, and 28 for club and country.

Aston Villa look the likeliest to make a move, whilst Serie A side Genoa have also shown an interest.

It's something that Fulham need to put to bed sooner rather than later – his attitude on the pitch has looked slightly off in the last few games, as though he's falling out of love with the club and their current trajectory.

Parker needs to assess where other not the 25-year-old is staying this month, so he has enough time to find a suitable replacement.

Centre-back cover
The game against Reading highlighted an area where numbers are sparse for Fulham, and that's at centre-back. Dennis Odoi started alongside Tim Ream with Alfie Mawson on the bench having picked up a small knock against Stoke before New Year.

A right-back by trade, Odoi didn't have the best game in the heart of defence. Mawson has also come under some stern criticism from fans this season, and Parker may look for another number in that position this month.

Ream has been Fulham's best defender so far this season, but if he were to be injured then Fulham would be in deep trouble.

Making loan-deals permanent
Some of Fulham's best players this season have been their loan-players, and Parker may look to make some of those moves permanent this month.

Of the likes of Cavaleiro, Anthony Knockaert and Harrison Reed – the latter has been the most impressive, and Fulham fans would love to see him make the permanent move to Craven Cottage.

None of them would be cheap but it'd be good business by Fulham, and would ease the loss of all their loan-players returning to their respective parent clubs in the summer.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/3-transfer-priorities-fulham-need-to-sort-this-month/

WhiteJC

Everton said to be interested in signing Jean Michael Seri – Currently on loan at Galatasaray from Fulham

Aksam have reported on the latest developments regarding Jean Michael Seri's future at Galatasaray and they claim Everton are interested in signing the Ivorian midfielder.

Seri has been a disappointment for Galatasaray since moving there on loan from Fulham last summer but there were reports in the Turkish press the Super Lig club's manager Fatih Terim could give him another chance in the coming weeks.

However, Galatasaray could still lose the 28 year old as the Turkish newspaper report Everton are interested in signing him and are following his situation in Istanbul.

Carlo Ancelotti will be looking to strengthen his squad in January and signing a midfielder could be a possibility for them.

The Italian coach doesn't have Andre Gomes at his disposal due to long term injury, and Jean-Philippe Gbamin has also been unavailable.

Seri hasn't had the best of loan spells at Galatasaray so far as he's struggled to find consistency. He has made 15 appearances for the Turkish club in all competitions this season, scoring one goal.

Prior to signing for Fulham, Seri had impressed for Nice to such a degree that he almost moved to Barcelona. His transfer to the London club was controversial, with Seri's representatives taking legal action over the value of the move, and it certainly wasn't a switch the midfielder wanted.

Despite his recent struggles, he could be a reasonable gamble for Everton on loan.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/everton-linked-midfielder-possibility-transfer-window/

WhiteJC

Selection posers for Parker ahead of Villa clash

Fulham manager Scott Parker has a few selection concerns ahead of the FA Cup third-round tie against Aston Villa.

Defender Steven Sessegnon has been carrying a groin problem, which saw him miss the Sky Bet Championship defeat by Reading on New Year's Day.

Harrison Reed (calf) was forced off early on against the Royals, so is another doubt, while midfielder Josh Onomah (illness) and captain Tom Cairney (calf) also continue to be assessed along with defender Alfie Mawson, who is recovering from a muscular problem.

Centre-back Michael Hector should now be eligible for a belated debut following a move from Chelsea, which was confirmed back in September and has seen him training with the Cottagers since.

Aston Villa's Tom Heaton and Wesley have been ruled out for the rest of the season.

The pair suffered serious knee injuries in Wednesday's 2-1 win at Burnley with goalkeeper Heaton also set to miss Euro 2020 with England this summer.

John McGinn (ankle) Matt Targett (hamstring) and Jed Steer (Achilles) are also out for Villa with Keinan Davis also struggling with a tight hamstring.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/selection-posers-parker-ahead-villa-clash

WhiteJC

31-y/o in? The expected Fulham XI Parker is likely to play v Aston Villa this weekend

Fulham host Aston Villa in the FA Cup Third Round this weekend.

It's a repeat of the 2018 Championship play-off final for Fulham and Villa.

Tom Cairney's goal sent Fulham up into the Premier League from which they were relegated last season, passing Aston Villa on the way back down as they won promotion via the play-offs at a second time of asking.

Here we take a look at the starting line-up that Fulham boss Scott Parker is expected to name:

A goalkeeper change is often the case in the cup, so expect to see Marcus Bettinelli step in for Marek Rodak.

It'll still be a strong team from Fulham though as they look to rectify their New Year's Day loss to Reading – Tim Ream and Denis Odoi should start in the middle of defence, with Cyrus Christie on the right and Steven Sessegnon on the left – the 19-year-old has been shot of game-time this season, but could be favoured for the cup tie.

In midfield, expect Tom Cairney to return in a 4-3-3 set-up, with Josh Onomah on the other side.

Kevin McDonald could also make an unexpected return to first-team action – he was named on the bench against Reading after missing the last six, and could well be thrown in from the off tomorrow.

Expect to see a solid front-three of Aleksandar Mitrovic, alongside Bobby Reid with Ivan Cavaleiro coming in for Anthony Knockaert, after he came off the bench to score against Reading.

It'd be a good win if they can do so tomorrow, and would alleviate some of the league's pressures on Parker.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/31-y-o-in-the-expected-fulham-xi-parker-is-likely-to-play-v-aston-villa-this-weekend/

WhiteJC

Fulham v Aston Villa
SAT 04 Jan 2020  The FA Cup - Third Round
Venue: Craven Cottage

Aston Villa defender James Chester could make just his second appearance of the season

Championship club Fulham have doubts over defender Steven Sessegnon (groin) and midfielders Tom Cairney (calf) and Harrison Reed.

Defender Michael Hector could make his debut after joining from Chelsea for an undisclosed fee.

Aston Villa will be without goalkeeper Tom Heaton and striker Wesley (both knee) for the rest of the season.

Boss Dean Smith is likely to make a number of changes from the side that beat Burnley on Wednesday.

Match facts

Fulham and Aston Villa last met in the FA Cup in January 1999, with the Cottagers winning 2-0 at Villa Park as a third-tier side.
    This is the first meeting between Fulham and Aston Villa since the 2018 Championship play-off final, a 1-0 win for Fulham at Wembley.
    Fulham have been eliminated at the FA Cup third round stage in three of the last four seasons, having reached the fourth round in the seven seasons prior to that.
    Since reaching the 2016 FA Cup final, Aston Villa have progressed from just one of their five FA Cup ties, beating League Two side Wycombe Wanderers in January 2016.
    Aston Villa manager Dean Smith has only reached the fourth round once previously in eight previous campaigns as a manager, doing so in 2016-17 with Brentford. He has lost his past three FA Cup games by an aggregate score of 8-0.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50976028

WhiteJC

Fulham relishing FA Cup tie but Scott Parker short of numbers for Aston Villa clash

Limited options: Fulham boss Scott Parker has plenty of injury issues to deal with ( Getty Images )

Fulham boss Scott Parker is not expecting to ring the changes for Saturday's FA Cup tie against Aston Villa as he battles a mounting injury crisis.

Parker has admitted gaining promotion from the Championship this season is the "priority", but he will not be resting many players this weekend due to a lack of fit bodies.

Midfielder Harrison Reed and youngster Steven Sessegnon are both doubts for the third-round tie at Craven Cottage, while Tom Cairney is struggling and Josh Onomah is ill.

"Our squad's pretty light at this present moment in time because we've got so many injuries, so the fit players who are around it and in a state to play will be the boys who are out there," said Parker.

"Harrison Reed obviously came off the other day struggling with an injury, Steven Sessegnon's picked up another slight issue with his groin.

"Tom Cairney is struggling from the Stoke game with his calf, and we've got a couple of other niggles, so there's a few. Josh Onomah's been ill as well.

"These are the moments that this team, and us as a football club, should be relishing. We're up against a good team and we're all looking forward to it."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-fa-cup-scott-parker-aston-villa-a4325876.html

WhiteJC

Tube Closures

Fans who travel to Craven Cottage using the District Line are advised that on Saturday it will not be running between East Ham and Earl's Court.

It will be running as normal on the rest of the line.

Furthermore, the Hammersmith & City Line will be closed entirely, while there is no service between Edgware Road and Aldgate (via Victoria) on the Circle Line.

Supporters attending our meeting with Aston Villa are advised to check their travel plans before setting off.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/january/03/tube-closures

WhiteJC

O'Riley: Always Learning

We caught up with Matt O'Riley this week, after the 19-year-old made his first appearance in the Championship in our narrow defeat by Reading.

Was the Reading game bittersweet for you; great in that you made your league debut, but a disappointing result?

Yeah, for sure. Mixed emotions, to say the least. Conceding that goal early in the second half definitely didn't help but I still think we probably deserved to win the game, with the chances we had second half. I'm obviously proud to make my debut, but at the same time I'm quite deflated from the defeat.

We certainly weren't at our best, but a loss was still harsh wasn't it?

It's been the case in a few games this season to be honest. It's been the story of the season so far, unfortunately. Listen, at the end of the day we're still in and around it at the top and it's all to play for, isn't it? We're all still confident, and I hope the fans are too.

You got the nod to come on when Harrison Reed pulled up, despite Kevin McDonald also being on the bench. Scott Parker must have faith in you?

I know what he expects from me in that role. I've been training the whole season, he's been going through the roles and the tactics with me, so I feel like I know the role pretty well. Saying that, I was a bit surprised when he chose me [to come on], just given the fact that Kev's got so much experience in that position, but it's nice to know that he has confidence in me too.

How do you think you did that day?

Overall, pretty well, pretty solid. I felt good in terms of the pace of the game. Best of all, it was a good learning experience for me. Conceding that goal early in the second half will be a learning curve for me, as will the situation of trying to get back into a game. It's all good stuff to learn from, and I definitely enjoyed the game itself, although obviously not the result.

Reading was your 10th consecutive match on the bench – you must've been chomping at the bit to get on?

For sure. My last [First Team] game was in the cup against Southampton which was a long time ago. I always want to come on, especially when we're losing so I can try and help the team. The fact that I came on so early – I think it was the 18th minute – was better for me in central midfield as opposed to coming on in the 70th minute or something. I could get to grips with the game, I could try and play – it was good.

And the FA Cup on Saturday will be another game you'll be hoping to get some minutes in?

Hopefully! Obviously we've got quite a lot of history with Villa as well so it should be a good game. It's one that I definitely want to take part in if I can.

Of course you'd never wish injury upon a teammate, but with a few players in your position currently struggling, if there is a window of opportunity then you're going to be very keen to take it?

Obviously Reedy coming off wasn't good news. I'm really good friends with the guy and I really like him, so in that respect it was also a bittersweet emotion. But you're right, it's definitely an opportunity for myself, and I've got to try and take it when I get the chance and help the team as much as I can.

You've played in the League Cup and Championship now, what would a debut in the FA Cup mean?

That would be good, so hopefully that will happen. The Cup's obviously got a lot of history, I think everyone thinks it's different to the Carabao Cup because of that history, so in that respect I'm looking forward to it, and hopefully I get some more minutes.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/january/03/matt-oriley-always-learning

WhiteJC

Swansea Fixture Moved

Fulham's match against Swansea City at the Cottage will now take place on Wednesday 26th February (7.45pm).

The fixture was originally scheduled to be played on the Tuesday, but has been moved due to Chelsea's Champions League tie against Bayern Munich taking place that evening.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/january/03/swansea-fixture-moved

WhiteJC

Aston Villa Tickets Off Sale

Tickets for tomorrow's Emirates FA Cup Third Round tie with Aston Villa at Craven Cottage are now off sale.

Fans still looking to purchase will be able to buy when tickets go back on sale from 9:30am on Saturday morning (4th January), with these tickets available to personal callers to the Fulham FC Ticket Office on Stevenage Road only.

Seats will be sold at the matchday prices of £30 for adults, £25 for concessions, £20 for juniors.

In addition, with large queues expected, supporters looking to collect tickets already purchased are encouraged to arrive early at Craven Cottage.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/january/03/aston-villa-tickets-off-sale

WhiteJC

The Aston Villa youngsters who could get game-time in Fulham cup tie

With injuries to members of the first team squad, and rotation likely to happen, we've picked out a few members of the Under 23 squad that may get a senior call up for this game.

Aston Villa travel to Craven Cottage this weekend to face Sky Bet Championship side Fulham in the third round proper of this season's FA Cup.

Buoyed by a much needed win on New Years Day against Burnley, Dean Smith's side face Scott Parker's with a raft of injuries on top of an ongoing, gruelling schedule which sees the Villans compete on three separate fronts within the next week.

The number of games, on top of the injuries, means that it is highly likely that fans will see a much changed Aston Villa line-up heading down to the capital tomorrow – which could provide minutes for some of the highly-rated youngsters currently plying their trade with Mark Delaney's Under 23 side.

We've taken a look at some of the youngsters vying for a spot in Dean Smith's match day squad.
Tyreik Wright

Tyreik is one of the young lions that has recently been pictured training with the first-team squad this week at Bodymoor Heath.

An Irish-born, tricky winger who is able to play on both sides that has found his place in the Under 23 squad over the past twelve months following his graduation from the academy.

The 18-year-old winger is a regular for the Irish Under 19 team and has been in impressive form for Aston Villa in recent weeks, netting in the last Premier League 2 clash with Swansea City.
Jacob Ramsey

Jacob is a youngster that is highly rated amongst all of the coaching staff at Aston Villa, and is a local lad – born in Great Barr – that plays as an attacking midfielder.

Ramsey has already made his senior debut for Aston Villa, replacing Conor Hourihane as a second-half substitute in the 2-0 home reverse against West Bromwich Albion last year.

He has an impressive dribble, is able to carry the ball and take the game to the opposition, and also has an eye for goal.

Ramsey has appeared on numerous occasions for England youth sides, and continues to impress for the Under 23's.
Jack Clarke

Clarke has for a long while been the stand-out performer in the Under 23 set-up.

Jack, who captains the side at times and represents the Republic of Ireland at youth level, often dominates the game via his box-to-box midfielder role, and excels at breaking up play, driving at the opposition and picking out a pass. He boasts a good scoring record too.

At 20-years-old, Clarke will hope to push for a place in the senior squad or seek a loan move to enhance his experience of senior football.
Indiana Vassilev

Vassilev has certainly impressed over the last twelve months.

The American born attacker has developed well in a short space of time following his graduation from the academy.

Primarily an attacking midfielder, Indiana Vassilev is also able to play across the whole line of the attacking midfielder – and at times has operated as a striker.

He is an all-action attacker, who offers a lot of endeavour and desire to the team and he is certainly pushing for a place in Dean Smith's squad.

A raw talent, with a long way to go, but Aston Villa's hierarchy are quietly watching on in excitement due to his continued progress in Delaney's side.
Cameron Archer

Archer is another young striker who can operate on the wing, and fans may remember that he made his senior debut after coming on as a late substitute in Aston Villa's second round Carabao Cup victory over Crewe Alexandra earlier this season.

A pacy forward that often plays off shoulder of the last defender, Cameron has struggled for form recently but the club still rate him as a big talent – and with Villa's worsening striker crisis following Wesley's injury, Archer could yet find himself in and amongst the squad.

——-

The FA Cup game may provide one or two of the youngsters with that first taste of senior action, especially due to injuries and a busy calendar of matches. However, even if the youngsters aren't given a chance this time it goes to show that they are knocking on the door and continue how they are playing at present and Dean Smith will be left with no choice but to give some of the Young Lions' their chance within the first team set up as Villa look to find their next young talisman.

https://underagaslitlamp.com/2020/01/03/the-aston-villa-youngsters-who-could-get-game-time-in-fulham-cup-tie/

WhiteJC

Away Days – Craven Cottage

Aston Villa and their supporters will make the trip to the capital tomorrow to take on Fulham at Craven Cottage in the FA Cup.
Vital Information

Stadium: Craven Cottage
Capacity: 25,700
Address: Stevenage Rd, Fulham, London SW6 6HH

Craven Cottage has been the home to Fulham since 1896 but was originally a royal hunting lodge and has a history dating back over 300 years.

The 'Cottage' is made up of four stands, named the Johnny Hanes Stand, The Hammersmith End, The Putney End and of course the Riverside Stand that runs alongside the River Thames.

For more information about Craven Cottage, visit Fulhams official guide.
Away Supporters

Away Supporters who visit Craven Cottage are housed in the Putney Stand. 3,000 tickets are usually allocated, with the stand split in half with neutral football supporters. Rows DD and above will be affected by the supporting pillars as they tend to affect the view to the pitch. *Please note that due to the building of the new Riverside Stand, tickets to away supporters have been reduced.*

The usual food and drinks are available at the multiple food outlets behind the stand. Although they are undercover they are not enclosed so it can be cold and windy.

Alcohol is available inside the stadium depending on fan behaviour and police restrictions. Expect to pay the usual London prices of around £4.50 for a pint or they do a beer and pie offer for £8.

I NEED A PRE-MATCH PINT

Craven Cottage has plenty of options for drinks beforehand. Right next to the tube station is the 'Eight Bells' which is usually pretty popular with Villa supporters. The pub tends to get full very quickly and early so arrive early or you could be disappointed.

Another option is the Temperance which is a five-minute walk from the Eight Bells. They have a round bar and offer ample seating. Sky Sports is also on offer on various screens and their big projector.

Other options include the Dukes Head and The Putney.
Travel

Leave the M25 at junction 15 and take the M4 which soon changes into the A4, towards Central London. After 2 miles take the left into Hammersmith Broadway just before the flyover.

Go around the ring road around Central Hammersmith, keeping to the right. Then take the A219 Fulham Palace Road and keep straight on this road as you pass Charing Cross Hospital on your left. Around about half a mile take a right-hand turn, following the signs towards Craven Cottage.

A train from New Street Station to London Euston should take a little over two hours.

Update: District Line trains will only be running between Earls Court and Putney Bridge on matchday. Supporters intending to use the Underground are advised to plan their journey here: tfl.gov.uk

Other Information

Keep an eye on our Twitter page where we will try to post any updates on the trip to Sheffield United as we get them.

Alternatively, give AVFC_WMP a follow on Twitter. This is the official Aston Villa Police, Twitter page. PC Stu Bladen will also be at the game and update you on the latest going's on in and around the ground.

http://www.avillafan.com/31522/away-days-craven-cottage/

WhiteJC

FA Cup: Fulham vs ASTON VILLA

Aston Villa returned to winning ways in the Premier League on New Year's day with a 1-2 victory over Burnley. Dean Smith's attentions now turn to the FA Cup as they head to Craven Cottage to take on Fulham.

Given the injury news that broke yesterday and our recent form, the FA Cup doesn't seem to hold the same magic as it usually does for me. One of my favourite days in the football season is the third-round day but Premier League survival trumps that at the moment. I don't feel that I am alone with this either looking on social media with many happy for Smith to give some of the youth players an opportunity.

Fulham, on the other hand, will also have their eyes on promotion back to the Premier League as they currently sit on the playoff positions.

This game does have the added extra spice of what happened the last time these two sides met. Fulham and Villa supporters have goaded each other repeatedly on social media since Fulham beat Villa in the playoff final 2 years ago.

Villa fans will be pleased to hear that there will be No VAR in this game.
TEAM NEWS

Wesley will miss the game against Fulham and the rest of the seasonAs it has been well reported lately, Aston Villa will be without goalkeeper Tom Heaton and striker Wesley following cruciate ligament injuries in the win over Burnley. John McGinn is still missing with a foot fracture and is not expected to return until around March.

Slightly better news for Villa is that Matt Targett is closing in on a return from a hamstring strain. I doubt he will be risked against Fulham though. Keinan Davis is closing in on a return but is still a week or two away.

Fulham have injury problems of their own and manager Scott Parker has stated that he won't be able to rotate the team the way he would like due to these issues. Parker stated: "Our squad's pretty light at this present moment in time because we've got so many injuries, so the fit players who are around it and in a state to play will be the boys who are out there."

They currently have the following players on their injury list: Steve Sessegnon (groin), Harrison Reed (calf), Josh Onomah (illness), Tom Cairney (calf) and Alfie Mawson (muscular problem).

Michael Hector could feature after joining Fulham back in September from Chelsea but not being eligible until now.
HEAD TO HEAD

OTHER INFORMATION

Kick-off: 15.01
Tickets: Sold out
Referee: Oliver Langford
Match Chat: Forums
Matchday Guide: avfc.co.uk

http://www.avillafan.com/31524/fa-cup-fulham-vs-aston-villa/

WhiteJC

Michael Hector Officially Announced as a Fulham Player

Michael Hector has officially joined Fulham today. The deal to take Hector from Chelsea to Fulham was agreed during the summer transfer window. The defender arrives after several spells out on loan and now he will be hoping to help Fulham charge back to the Premier League
Michael Hector Officially Joins Fulham
The Defender Will Shore Up a Leaky Defence

Michael Hector has trained with Fulham since his move was completed back in September.

The 27-year-old failed to make an appearance for Chelsea after joining from Reading back in 2015.

During his time with Chelsea, Hector spent time with Hull City, Sheffield Wednesday and Eintracht Frankfurt.

He will be determined to help Fulham earn promotion back to the Premier League.

Scott Parker will be delighted to finally have the defender available.

Fulham have been leaky at the back this season and Parker will hope Hector is the man to shore up their defence.

Hector brings a calm mind and aerial presence to the Fulham backline.

Hector is most likely to partner the unmoveable Tim Ream who is somewhat of a cult hero at Craven Cottage.

The defender will be fully up to speed with Fulham's intricate style of play having trained with the club for the last four months.

He will be chomping at the bit to get out on the pitch.

Hector was officially unveiled earlier today with the defender ready to help Fulham achieve their ambitions.
Hector Brings Depth, Experience and Quality

Michael Hector will be ready to go with the defender expected to make his debut in the FA Cup against Aston Villa.

Chairman Tony Khan noted in a statement that Hector will "bring depth, experience and quality" to a Fulham side in need of fresh faces after an indifferent December.

Khan goes on to say that Hector will be a "valuable asset" to the team.

Hector is expected to feature against Aston Villa in the FA Cup.

He could make his league debut the following weekend when Fulham travel to his former club Hull City.

https://lastwordonfootball.com/2020/01/03/michael-hector-fulham-chelsea/

WhiteJC

3 Fulham fringe players who could play in the FA Cup this weekend

Fulham host Aston Villa in the FA Cup Third Round this weekend.

The last time these two teams met was at Wembley.

The 2018 Championship play-off final won by a single goal from Tom Cairney saw Fulham into the Premier League but this season, Aston Villa are the higher ranked after their promotion last season, and Fulham's relegation.

Scott Parker's side go into this one sitting 5th in the Championship table, eight places in the English football pyramid behind Villa, who sit 17th in the Premier League.

Both teams will be going for the win but it's also a chance to field some more fringe players, and here we take a look at three who could feature for Fulham this weekend:

Kevin McDonald
A real fan favourite at the Cottage, McDonald returned to the bench in the 2-1 loss to Reading on New Year's Day, after a first-half of the season plagued by a calf injury.

This season, the Scot has played just 130 minutes of Championship football, but the 31-year-old remains a highly-regarded player at Fulham and once he's fully fit, he'll become an important player for the team.

His experience could well be favoured against Villa this weekend, and fans would love to see him back out playing football for the club.

Steven Sessegnon
Another name who's struggled with injury and form this season. The 19-year-old has featured ten times for Fulham in the Championship under Parker but has only played eight minutes of football since October.

He played in the final stages of the win against Stoke in Fulham's last game of 2019 but was left out of the loss to Reading – expect to see him come back into the frame this weekend as Parker may potentially look to rest some players.

The left-back spot looks to be Sessegnon's for the future, and we could see him come in for Joe Bryan tomorrow.

Neeskens Kebano
The Congolese winger is a tricky customer – full of pace, skill and talent, but he's not really held a starting spot in the last two seasons at the club.

He came into the fold last month, playing in three-straight games for Fulham and impressing for the most part, but with the likes of Ivan Cavaleiro, Anthony Knockaert and Bobby Reid to compete with for a wide spot, Kebano has again been pushed into the doldrums.

He's missed out on the last two match-day squads but again with the likelihood of Parker resting his key players to focus on the league rather than the Cup, Kebano could be granted a rare start against Villa tomorrow.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/3-fulham-fringe-players-who-could-play-in-the-fa-cup-this-weekend/

WhiteJC

Report: Everton interested in sealing January move for Galatasaray midfielder Jean Michael Seri

According to Turkish outlet Aksam (via Sport Witness), Everton are interested in signing Ivorian midfielder Jean Michael Seri as boss Carlo Ancelotti looks to boost his squad.

The 28-year-old is currently on loan at Galatasaray from Fulham, but could leave this January after failing to make an impact at the club.

Everton are in need of quality depth in the middle of the park, and they could go after the former Nice midfielder who almost joined Barcelona in the summer of 2017.

Seri registered nine assists and weighed in with seven goals in 34 games in the 2016-17 campaign, and Liverpool were also said to have been interested in his services.

He has scored just four goals in 90 appearances since that campaign, though, and going after him now will be a huge gamble.

Seri couldn't impress at Fulham last term and his struggles have continued at Turkey, and if Everton are indeed interested in him can't be ascertained.

The Toffees need to add quality midfielders to their ranks this month to have a chance of finishing in top-seven, and the 2016-17 Seri would have been a perfect and fine addition.

However, it's the transfer window and different rumours will continue to emerge every other minute, and the Everton links with the Ivorian could be one of such.

https://sportslens.com/report-everton-interested-in-sealing-january-move-for-galatasaray-midfielder-jean-michael-seri/282563/