https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Watford want to sign Joe Bryan!

Started by Fernhurst, January 08, 2020, 12:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

How much would it take ??

Source: Sky Sports transfer talk.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Milo

Probably as little as the £6m paid.

Starting to become evident he is defensively frail at this level and his strengths may well be as a converted winger in the future.

However, we have Cav, Kamara, Knockaert, and Reid so such a project may not be in our best interests this season.

Do we need a new LB?

Mince n Tatties

RP24

If we could get £8-£10m I'd say go for him and try and get that Vinagre from Wolves either on loan or perm.

Tabby

Doubt he'd be sold unless Watford come in with a sizeable bid.

Maidstone Lee

Think we need a better LB anyway so selling Bryan (provided we had a replacement lined up) wouldn't be the worst thing.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

The Rational Fan

Now, we have some money for a little while lets buy the next left-back one transfer window before selling our current left back.

charlieFFC

I would want at least 12m for him. Still wouldn't be pleased to see him go but for that money we could get a good replacement and have some left over to bolster the RB position.

General

Being a selfish Fulham first fan I wouldn't sell him until we have a better replacement signed up. Seems stupid to get rid of such a consistent performer for us who is good at this level and who plays in defence, our weakest area, without having already bought someone in who is better. Bryan is very good for this level.

ffcne

Get a good offer and take it .Cannot defend or head a ball.

grandad

We don't need to sell any of our players. We would need to buy before any outgoing in any case. The quality of our back up players is not good enough as it is. Sure buy a better LB but there is no need to sell Bryan who would do a good job as understudy.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Fernhurst

Interesting, if a 10mill bid is made.
I thought Odio played very well in Joes position last time out. Joe definitely has issues defensively. Take the bid, keep Dennis there and buy an upgrade for right back. Summer transfer window to upgrade left back position.

Lordedmundo

We actually need back-up for his position, so unless we sell and bring in two left backs for the fee - then it would not make any sense at all to sell!

Fernhurst

Quote from: grandad on January 08, 2020, 03:12:45 PM
We don't need to sell any of our players. We would need to buy before any outgoing in any case. The quality of our back up players is not good enough as it is. Sure buy a better LB but there is no need to sell Bryan who would do a good job as understudy.

!!!!! Keep Joe as back up!!!!! - he is being offered Premier Football (and wages) ???

twang

If we got a good offer (£10m+) and could get an up-and-coming left back with Championship experience like Max Lowe, Rico Henry or Antonee Robinson for less than what we receive then I'm all for it. Wouldn't mind Odoi as first choice to shore things upp at the back and one of the mentioned three to challange him for the left back spot.

filham

It was difficult to understand why Bryan played wide left last Saturday with Odoi at left back. Just a Parker experiment I assumed but it could be that Parker is looking to see if he can manage without Bryan at left back.

Matt10

I actually liked Joe as a winger. He saved a goal, backheel flick to Cav which should've been an assist, set up Knockaert for his, then almost scored twice with both feet. Not saying it's Chambers level of conversion, but if Parker gets Bryan to be a true winger, with defensive prowess, he will be a huge asset. Yes, it will result in some mixes of the formation - but there is a lot of potential there.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Milo on January 08, 2020, 01:11:27 PM
Probably as little as the £6m paid.

Starting to become evident he is defensively frail at this level and his strengths may well be as a converted winger in the future.

However, we have Cav, Kamara, Knockaert, and Reid so such a project may not be in our best interests this season.

Do we need a new LB?

i like joe.   

But if we could get  6 million from anyone I'd immediately turn it around and get the starting left back from Wigan (Robinson).  I think he can do everything Joe has done for us, and is faster, taller...and arguably a better defender.

I'd also be fine keeping Joe.   I just don't think he'll ever be a premiere league LB, which we'll need when we move up.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Fernhurst on January 08, 2020, 12:51:50 PM
How much would it take ??

Source: Sky Sports transfer talk.

about €9m for me

Mike the White

Whatever we do, do not sell any of our defenders until we have adequate replacements on board.  JB is not doing too bad imo.  We're already thin on backup as it is. 
Am sill hopeful that Marlon Fossey gets fit and starts getting some time on the pitch (any news on his progress)?