watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Temp replacement for Mitro?

Started by love4ffc, January 11, 2020, 04:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

If Mitro is injuried and out for some time, who do you all think will take his place as Striker?

Believe AK is still dealing with a bit of knock.  Could see Ivan sitting there but he seems to have a heavy touch a lot.  Wouldn't mind seeing Bobby Reid take the spot. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

fcfulham55

Bobby can do a decent job, massive blow for us though. As we closed the gap perhaps today its blown automatic spots away this injury.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

love4ffc

Fingers crossed that it is just a knock and Mitro will be fine and back in the front line. 

Finnans Right Peg

Was at a kids party so couldn't stream the game what happened to mitro and did it look bad

love4ffc

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on January 11, 2020, 05:23:11 PM
Was at a kids party so couldn't stream the game what happened to mitro and did it look bad

He came together with an opposing player.  Instantly grabbed his ankle.  Tried to come back on the pitch but went right back to ground.  Was carried off on a stretcher. 

Sidenote - his knee was bleeding a good amount also but he was more bothered by his ankle. 

Fulham 442

I watched the game. Although Mitro was stretchered off I didn't get the impression it is a serious injury. Fingers crossed he'll be back for the Boro game on Friday xx

Finnans Right Peg

Ok cheers hopefully  not too bad

FulhamKC

He went up for a header with a Hull defender and came down holding his left ankle. He lay on the turf for a while and eventually off after treatment. He came back on but immediately went down again in pain. Taken off on a stretcher. His left knee was bleeding but it appeared to be a left ankle injury.

Barrett487

Stansfield up front then, unless Mitro recovers by Friday.

Statto

Cavaleiro, Kamara or Reid

Spoiled for choice

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

One benefit, should stop Spuds & Levi sniffing around for Mitro as a Kane replacement

Fulham 442

Quote from: FulhamKC on January 11, 2020, 05:29:49 PM
He went up for a header with a Hull defender and came down holding his left ankle. He lay on the turf for a while and eventually off after treatment. He came back on but immediately went down again in pain. Taken off on a stretcher. His left knee was bleeding but it appeared to be a left ankle injury.
Thanks for the update. Thought it was just the left knee at the time. Obviously if it's his ankle that is far more serious. Hopefully we'll get more news soon.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Barrett487 on January 11, 2020, 05:31:13 PM
I assume that you're joking. AK, or if he's not available, Bobby R.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

ByTheRiver

Firstly, let me start by saying I think Mitro is far and away our best player and obviously a big loss (if, indeed, he is out for some time. Let's hope not), but...

It could potentially be a blessing in disguise. He has been very isolated in recent weeks and simply cannot work without players around him. His lack of pace prevents him playing that isolated role. It's why he couldn't fit in Benitez's system. Of late, it's been similar here. At the moment, a pacier option at the head of the attack might actually suit us. Ideally Kamara to start and then Reid to push forward (or Cav).

Mitro gets a small rest that he hasn't had for about 2 years now (playing every minute of every game for us and Serbia) and comes back fresh, eager to make amends, and into (hopefully) a more confident attacking team.

(Yes, I'm possibly clutching at straws... Let's hope it's not too bad. I don't think it's 'bye bye autos' though as I've seen on some posts on here and Twitter)

love4ffc

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 11, 2020, 05:41:52 PM

If we were more consitant in the midfield play so that they provided more goals giving a comfortable lead, then I would love to see Jay play up top.  For now I just don't think he is what we need in the starting XI for regular season matches.  Not knocking Jay, just want a bit more experience if possible. 

70sPimlico

Quote from: ByTheRiver on January 11, 2020, 05:52:06 PM
Firstly, let me start by saying I think Mitro is far and away our best player and obviously a big loss (if, indeed, he is out for some time. Let's hope not), but...

It could potentially be a blessing in disguise. He has been very isolated in recent weeks and simply cannot work without players around him. His lack of pace prevents him playing that isolated role. It's why he couldn't fit in Benitez's system. Of late, it's been similar here. At the moment, a pacier option at the head of the attack might actually suit us. Ideally Kamara to start and then Reid to push forward (or Cav).

Mitro gets a small rest that he hasn't had for about 2 years now (playing every minute of every game for us and Serbia) and comes back fresh, eager to make amends, and into (hopefully) a more confident attacking team.

(Yes, I'm possibly clutching at straws... Let's hope it's not too bad. I don't think it's 'bye bye autos' though as I've seen on some posts on here and Twitter)

My thoughts exactly. I think we'll see a slightly more exciting fulham with a bit more flexibility

Barrett487

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 11, 2020, 05:41:52 PM
Of course i was joking !! Lol

filham

Yes, if Stansfield is good enough for the bench then why not give him a start.
Cav. did not look good as the lone striker against Villa and Ried is not powerful enough. Lets hope by the end of the week that both Mitro and Kamara have recovered.

This is the injury that we have been dreading all season.

sarnian

Glen Murray a possibility short term

fcfulham55

Quote from: sarnian on January 11, 2020, 06:14:24 PM
Glen Murray a possibility short term

Honestly would be a fantastic cover player.   
Sent from my Nokia 3310