Started by love4ffc, January 11, 2020, 04:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deeping_white

Andre Grey from Watford would score for fun in this team

Fulham 442

Quote from: ByTheRiver on January 11, 2020, 07:28:15 PM
Quote from: Fulham 442 on January 11, 2020, 06:52:34 PM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on January 11, 2020, 05:52:06 PM
Firstly, let me start by saying I think Mitro is far and away our best player and obviously a big loss (if, indeed, he is out for some time. Let's hope not), but...

It could potentially be a blessing in disguise. He has been very isolated in recent weeks and simply cannot work without players around him. His lack of pace prevents him playing that isolated role. It's why he couldn't fit in Benitez's system. Of late, it's been similar here. At the moment, a pacier option at the head of the attack might actually suit us. Ideally Kamara to start and then Reid to push forward (or Cav).

Mitro gets a small rest that he hasn't had for about 2 years now (playing every minute of every game for us and Serbia) and comes back fresh, eager to make amends, and into (hopefully) a more confident attacking team.

(Yes, I'm possibly clutching at straws... Let's hope it's not too bad. I don't think it's 'bye bye autos' though as I've seen on some posts on here and Twitter)
Mitro sat out the Cup game against Villa.

I'm aware of that. Hardly an extended break though, is it? So your point is?
Well it was a break considering his only previous one in the season was due to a ban. Guessing that was my point. Didn't appreciate your rude reply.

Fulham 442

An update on Mitro's injury expected tomorrow following a scan of his ankle but not looking good atm.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on January 11, 2020, 08:46:11 PM
Firstly, let me start by saying I think Mitro is far and away our best player and obviously a big loss (if, indeed, he is out for some time. Let's hope not), but...

It could potentially be a blessing in disguise. He has been very isolated in recent weeks and simply cannot work without players around him. His lack of pace prevents him playing that isolated role. It's why he couldn't fit in Benitez's system. Of late, it's been similar here. At the moment, a pacier option at the head of the attack might actually suit us. Ideally Kamara to start and then Reid to push forward (or Cav).

Mitro gets a small rest that he hasn't had for about 2 years now (playing every minute of every game for us and Serbia) and comes back fresh, eager to make amends, and into (hopefully) a more confident attacking team.

(Yes, I'm possibly clutching at straws... Let's hope it's not too bad. I don't think it's 'bye bye autos' though as I've seen on some posts on here and Twitter)

It was a weekend break for a professional footballer, who is the top scorer in the Championship and important to FFC. What are you expecting 2 weeks on the French Riviera?

Have you read my original post? You might want to re-read.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Fulham 442 on January 11, 2020, 09:39:46 PM

Well it was a break considering his only previous one in the season was due to a ban. Guessing that was my point. Didn't appreciate your rude reply.

Your reply was the sharp one. Mine asked for clarity around your point as pointing out what we all already know, when it has little relevance to my post which you quoted, seemed strange and not really very logical.

AnOldBrownie

Give Timmy Abraham a one game shot with the 1st team.    See what he can do.

ByTheRiver

Do we have any info on the fitness of Kamara following his injury? Guessing he's not 100% either given he wasn't on the bench. Balls.

MikeCdawg

The Rational Fan

It could potentially be a blessing in disguise. He has been very isolated in recent weeks and simply cannot work without players around him. His lack of pace prevents him playing that isolated role. It's why he couldn't fit in Benitez's system. Of late, it's been similar here.

Mitro gets a small rest that he hasn't had for about 2 years now (playing every minute of every game for us and Serbia) and comes back fresh, eager to make amends, and into (hopefully) a more confident. (Yes, I'm possibly clutching at straws...

It could be a blessing in disguise. Firstly, we are not getting automatic promotion without a radical chance, I don't think this is the right change but who knows. Secondly, our best two chances of promotion are the playoff finals or automatic promotion next season, which are more realistic options. 

About Playoffs; We need to be good enough to make the playoffs without Mitro but if we make it, he will probably have been back a month or two so probable is hoy form.

About Next Season; this period without Mitrovoic will help us identify how and what players we need to win without Mitrovoic. We won't have Mitro next season for some games and all of the games if he leaves either way we need to be able to win without Mitrovoic.

RaySmith

It's the present that counts in football.

I don't think manager and players should be thinking about next season , but concentrating on this - on getting a good result in the next game- and who knows what  will happen.

We don't even know if Mitro will be out for any length of time, but if that does occur, then we have AK and Cavaleiro, who've already played  up front, and various possible permutations of the squad, as seen v Villa, as well as the transfer window opening.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes it is the present that is important. We need to be able to win without any player, of course when we lose a key player like Mitro it can be a blow if there is no back up or real alternative, but that would be a failure by the club for lack of foresight, although the blow can be reduced by an adequate alternative injuries permitting, it's called vision.
I don't think we can look towards next season until we know the outcome of this season. Of course we may have a fight on our hands to stay in top six, on the other hand we are only 7 points behind second place with 19 games and 57 points to play for. It's a funny old game, especially in the Championship, anything can happen, any week, any game,  any scoreline, any result, we never know what is round the corner. With Middlesborough on Friday, can we forecast a scoreline that is correct, of course not it's all guess work, that is why the next game is the most important. I am not even thinking about next season, why would I, so much can happen this season, we could end up going to Wembley twice, wouldnt that be fun. A week in football is a long time, small steps but in the right direction, providing our defence is sorted out for the rest of the season.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 12, 2020, 05:41:44 AM
It could potentially be a blessing in disguise. He has been very isolated in recent weeks and simply cannot work without players around him. His lack of pace prevents him playing that isolated role. It's why he couldn't fit in Benitez's system. Of late, it's been similar here.

Mitro gets a small rest that he hasn't had for about 2 years now (playing every minute of every game for us and Serbia) and comes back fresh, eager to make amends, and into (hopefully) a more confident. (Yes, I'm possibly clutching at straws...

It could be a blessing in disguise. Firstly, we are not getting automatic promotion without a radical chance, I don't think this is the right change but who knows. Secondly, our best two chances of promotion are the playoff finals or automatic promotion next season, which are more realistic options. 

About Playoffs; We need to be good enough to make the playoffs without Mitro but if we make it, he will probably have been back a month or two so probable is hoy form.

About Next Season; this period without Mitrovoic will help us identify how and what players we need to win without Mitrovoic. We won't have Mitro next season for some games and all of the games if he leaves either way we need to be able to win without Mitrovoic.

I agree with all of this, TRF, other than - and maybe I'm a dreamer - autos are surely not out of reach? We are only 7 points off autos now. Leeds and West Brom are no longer winning every single week. Could be turned around in as little as a week or two (with a couple of games a week most weeks).

Genuinely think we can beat any team in this league home or away. After all, we've beat Leeds and we're desperately unlucky not to beat West Brom. Could go on a Liverpool-esque run of form for a few weeks... Hector slotting in and the central midfield all now being up to speed could play a big part in us winning games without playing amazingly (like yesterday).

Of course, you're right, play offs are the more likely option (in which case Mitro should hopefully be back and have been back a while to get back up to speed), but I'm hopeful after yesterday that we won't need play offs.

LittleErn

Quote from: grandad on January 11, 2020, 08:42:20 PM
Why was he allowed to hobble off before getting on a stretcher? If it was that bad they would have put him on a stretcher straight away.
It's a long walk to the dressing room?

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: love4ffc on January 11, 2020, 08:59:11 PM
Quote from: davew on January 11, 2020, 08:57:10 PM
Quote from: love4ffc on January 11, 2020, 07:05:41 PM
What about getting Woodrow back?  He's scored 9 goals this season. 
Have a word with Mince, I understand he has taken over as Cauley´s agent and is trying to test the board here to see our reaction b4 he decides on a signing on fee, at the moment it is 10.5m, but I think that might come down a lot!

Guessing Mince gets 5% of any contract  :54:

He wasn't in Barnsley Squad yesterday...

Whitestone

I can't imagine Woodrow would want to come back. He wasn't that great first time round anyway. Without knowing the extent of Mitro's injury it's difficult to say if we need cover. But if we were to then Glen Murray is the obvious choice. Proven and I believe available on loan.

Finnans Right Peg

sarnian

Don't think we will hear anything till much later in the week. If a bad injury it will be kept in house as they may wish to get someone in on the quiet. If minor nothing will be heard until Fridays team is announced.

ffcne

I honestly thought he had cramp .
As the physio was stretching his leg and holding his foot.
I m sure if it had been really bad ,he wouldnt have come back on .
Fingers crossed.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 11, 2020, 11:37:15 PM
Give Timmy Abraham a one game shot with the 1st team.    See what he can do.

Have you seen him plsy for U23s?? He's miles off the required standard. Taylor Crossdale more fit for purpose. However I'd go Bobby Reid up top

Riversider

Lyle Taylor of Charlton Athletic is out of contract in the summer I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us linked with him this week