watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

2nd goalkeeper

Started by Finnans Right Peg, January 12, 2020, 03:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finnans Right Peg

With Betts not in yesterdays squad unless he is injured it looks like he is going.So who would you like to sign as his replacement .

I would like to bring back neil etheridge has experience of promotion and the premier league and he was dropped today over speculation over his future

ffcne

Most news saying Etheridge was dropped because of performances.

South Coast White

Cardiff manager apparently saying now for sale, maybe worth getting back if Betts departs.

Whitestone

Can't see him going to another championship side as a number two. Certainly developed into a fine goalkeeper since he left Fulham.

MJG

Personally I like Norman, wish he had a few more games under his belt but I'd not worry if he started.
Just the views of a long term fan

Woolly Mammoth

I would prefer to see Norman given a chance as I have been impressed with his development. Of course he lacks experience but I feel he deserves his chance as number 2 if Betts leaves.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

snarks

Vorm from spurs, only re signed by spurs when Lloris was injured. Good to have in the squad

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 12, 2020, 03:59:46 PM
I would prefer to see Norman given a chance as I have been impressed with his development. Of course he lacks experience but I feel he deserves his chance as number 2 if Betts leaves.
Play Norman in the Cup against City and we will soon see if he is up to it or not.

res

Quote from: filham on January 12, 2020, 05:31:29 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 12, 2020, 03:59:46 PM
Play Norman in the Cup against City and we will soon see if he is up to it or not.

From the way City are playing this afternoon, not a good idea...unless you need to know how the ball is retrieved from our net. Never seen Norman play, he's not used in the U23s but is the next in line below Betts. Represented England in a low age band (U18 ?)

Mickeyboro

Saw Norman play for Farnborough on loan a few seasons ago.

Had a rush of blood a la Rodak earlier this season, chopped down an onrushing attacker  and was dismissed...

Hopefully has learned a bit since then...

Finnans Right Peg

Would like to see norman out on loan 1st a bit like rodak

brightster

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on January 12, 2020, 03:14:51 PM
With Betts not in yesterdays squad unless he is injured it looks like he is going.So who would you like to sign as his replacement .

I would like to bring back neil etheridge has experience of promotion and the premier league and he was dropped today over speculation over his future

Cardiff boss said NE dropped to bench because of transfer rumours, apparently West Ham!
As for Betts I noticed he was number 3 for the cup game as well, he was in goal most of the time for the shooting practice, with Norman still with the GK coach and Rodak on the kicking practice, which is usually Betts role!
Could be NE to West Ham and Betts to Cardiff as number 1.

The Rational Fan

I like Fabri, if Betts goes he'd might consider coming back. Fabri still has conceeded less than a goal per game in his last 70 league games.

Hatch007

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 12, 2020, 11:10:50 PM
I like Fabri, if Betts goes he'd might consider coming back. Fabri still has conceeded less than a goal per game in his last 70 league games.

I respect we are all entitled to our opinion but I think you might be in the minority there. I'm not one hoping he returns.

Barrett487

Most goalies are of similar shot-stopping ability imo.

What sets them aside imo is to dominate the penalty area and organise their own defence.

I have no issue with whatever the club decides, whoever will benefit the club is ok by me, however............. Betts is Fulham through & through and i love loyalty. Do what's best for him if he's surplus.

Woolly Mammoth

I like Sharon Stone but I wouldn't put her in goal either, even though she is taller than Fabri and catches the ball at its highest point, as opposed to flapping at it.
If you are Fabri's agent, please own up now, which would explain your undeniable support for him.
I cannot see him with any chance of playing for the first XL again, unless there is an injury crisis of epic proportions.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 13, 2020, 02:06:59 AM

I like Sharon Stone but I wouldn't put her in goal either, even though she is taller than Fabri and catches the ball at its highest point, as opposed to flapping at it.
If you are Fabri's agent, please own up now, which would explain your undeniable support for him.
I cannot see him with any chance of playing for the first XL again, unless there is an injury crisis of epic proportions.

Say what you want, but Fabri makes saves and keeps clean sheets like he did this weekend in the Copa del Rey. A decent number two for Liga A and for us.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: ffcne on January 12, 2020, 03:19:07 PM
Most news saying Etheridge was dropped because of performances.

Nothing to do with performance, he's been to Cardiff what Rodak is too us.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 13, 2020, 02:06:59 AM

I had to get the police to Sharon Stone,she keeps texting me in middle of the night saying she coming over to film in London, she hates hotels and could she come and stay with me.
And that bleedin Kylie Minogue keeps following me round supermarket, who do they think they are.😜

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 13, 2020, 06:16:33 AM
I had to get the police to Sharon Stone,she keeps texting me in middle of the night saying she coming over to film in London, she hates hotels and could she come and stay with me. And that bleedin Kylie Minogue keeps following me round supermarket, who do they think they are.😜

Not something to joke about given the papers have reported that police have had problems with people following around Kylie Minogue near Fulham last year.