Main Menu

2nd goalkeeper

Started by Finnans Right Peg, January 12, 2020, 03:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 13, 2020, 06:16:33 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 13, 2020, 02:06:59 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 12, 2020, 11:10:50 PM
I like Fabri, if Betts goes he'd might consider coming back. Fabri still has conceeded less than a goal per game in his last 70 league games.

I like Sharon Stone but I wouldn't put her in goal either, even though she is taller than Fabri and catches the ball at its highest point, as opposed to flapping at it.
If you are Fabri's agent, please own up now, which would explain your undeniable support for him.
I cannot see him with any chance of playing for the first XL again, unless there is an injury crisis of epic proportions.

I had to get the police to Sharon Stone,she keeps texting me in middle of the night saying she coming over to film in London, she hates hotels and could she come and stay with me.
And that bleedin Kylie Minogue keeps following me round supermarket, who do they think they are.😜

It must be your Garden Shed that is attracting them, I hope you have a bar and a shower in it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MikeW on January 13, 2020, 01:24:45 PM
Surely we don't need any more 'keepers?  We've got about 8 on our books already!

and that is without including the Green-keeper.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 13, 2020, 10:17:55 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 13, 2020, 06:16:33 AM
I had to get the police to Sharon Stone,she keeps texting me in middle of the night saying she coming over to film in London, she hates hotels and could she come and stay with me. And that bleedin Kylie Minogue keeps following me round supermarket, who do they think they are.😜

Not something to joke about given the papers have reported that police have had problems with people following around Kylie Minogue near Fulham last year.

Are you by any chance the local Vicar, because it was reported that an individual dressed as a Vicar was following people around near Fulham last year.

Never forget your Roots.

Statto

Quote from: Plodder on January 14, 2020, 12:26:46 AM
We all make our own judgements, but "he has never been a good keeper, even at Championship level" seems extreme to me. Would Southgate have called him up for the England squad if that were the case?

Well considering he hadn't even been tested outside the Championship at the time, and was 4th choice after Butland who was playing for a poor Championship team, yes.

Although I will concede that for the second half of 17/18 he was performing at the level of a good Championship keeper. Whether performing at that level for barely half a season actually made him a "good keeper" is debatable I suppose

Jamie88

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 14, 2020, 12:49:35 AM
Quote from: Jamie88 on January 13, 2020, 03:09:03 PM
Still don't see why we want a guy who can't even manage being Mallorca's no. 1

It doesn't matter if we want him, unless we can sell him we are paying him until 30.06.2021. No one wants to buy Fabri at his wages, because our coaches don't think he's currently even as good as Betts and they Betts isn't a top division keeper since his injury. In 17/18, Fabri made lots of saves (such as against and got lots of clean sheets, since then he hasn't been injured but has been rated by coaches as rubbish which means we cannot sell him (ie. we need to keep him).

Financial we didn't throw Fabri under the Bus as he still gets paid about the same as Cairney, we threw a Fulham asset under the bus, so we now have to keep him.

How do you know how much Fabri is on, and how do you know how much Cairney is on?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Jamie88 on January 14, 2020, 04:03:56 PM

It doesn't matter if we want him, unless we can sell him we are paying him until 30.06.2021. No one wants to buy Fabri at his wages, because our coaches don't think he's currently even as good as Betts and they Betts isn't a top division keeper since his injury. In 17/18, Fabri made lots of saves (such as against and got lots of clean sheets, since then he hasn't been injured but has been rated by coaches as rubbish which means we cannot sell him (ie. we need to keep him).

Financial we didn't throw Fabri under the Bus as he still gets paid about the same as Cairney, we threw a Fulham asset under the bus, so we now have to keep him.

How do you know how much Fabri is on, and how do you know how much Cairney is on?

Football Manager estimates it, and they estimate that Fabri is on £5k more than Cairney. I don't know if it's right, but they have people who's job it is to estimate wages for all teams so probably a good guess.

https://sortitoutsi.net/football-manager-2019/team/654/fulham

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 14, 2020, 10:18:15 PM

Football Manager estimates it, and they estimate that Fabri is on £5k more than Cairney. I don't know if it's right, but they have people who's job it is to estimate wages for all teams so probably a good guess.

Fabri is short for Fabricated.

Never forget your Roots.

MikeTheCubed

Worth pointing out that Cairney has signed a new deal since that estimation following relegation, whereas Fabri will have subsequently undergone a wage reduction.

elgreenio

as somebody who used to be involved in this, it's basically an amalgamation of all reported sources. Only a few clubs have very very good researchers and links with the actual clubs to be anywhere near accurate in these figures.
touch my camera through the fence