watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Top 2 still a possibility

Started by General, January 13, 2020, 04:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Gap between 3rd and 2nd is 6 points now and 7 to 1st place. There's only one extra point in it for us in 4th.

Leeds have won just one game since December 14th and West Bromwich have only won one in their last six.

Up next Charlton and boro. Know mitro is out injured and we need someone in as back up whilst he's out, but get the squad back and all fully fit then surely it's game on for us.

Seems Brentford, forest and ourselves have the same form at the moment.

WhiteJC

I think that currently Brentford are the in form team however, with our squad we should be favourites but it is getting interesting now isn't it

ALG01

Nothing is over until the large lady sings as they say (modified for the PC among you).

However we really are not playing that well and have let too many opportunities to close the gap slip through our fingers as a result.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Currently I cannot get any friends to accept that Brentford are a balanced team who are playing extremely well.
They look less like having a bad patch than Leeds.

charlieFFC

Would have taken this position at this point during the season.

Realistically we are the team out of the 4 that hasn't had a significant run of form, or being hyped up in recent times.

We have traditionally done better in the second half of the season and if we perform anywhere near the levels we did last time we went up - we should secure automatic promotion.

Bassey the warrior

I'll be waiting to hear on the Mitro news before deciding if it's possible. As has been said we've not been playing well, grinding out a 1-0 win is something all top teams have to do but they also spank teams from time to time and we've only done that twice.

filham

Need to hang on to our best players through this wretched transfer window. Fancy Kamara could stand in for Mitro if of course he is fit.
Bretford definitely the surprise and form team of the moment.

HamsterWheel

Fulham 33-1 to be champs and 8-1 to be Top 2.

FFC1987

Can't see it myself but will try and enjoy the ride regardless. Call me pessimistic but i've not seen enough consistency to warrant us being top 2. Next 6 games which I think Statto mentioned in another thread is key. All winnable, but if previous form shows anything, we're liable to banana skins along the way and we've already had enough in my view.

Statto

Really is painful because top 2 was there for the taking this season, and it's a few quite atrocious, silly defeats that have cost us. And yes looking at our next 6 games it still is there for the taking but I cannot see us going that long without another silly defeat to some poundshop team we should be steamrollering with this squad, particularly now with Hector at the back

love4ffc

Not to be bummer but.....

I agree that Brentford do seem to be a well-balanced team that have a strong chance I think of getting top two. 

Could also see us getting third and going to Wembley to play Brentford and them winning their story book ending of starting in the Premier League in their new stadium.   :010:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Pev

Quote from: love4ffc on January 13, 2020, 06:56:46 PM

I agree that Brentford do seem to be a well-balanced team that have a strong chance I think of getting top two. 

Could also see us getting third and going to Wembley to play Brentford and them winning their story book ending of starting in the Premier League in their new stadium.   :010:

I could not think of a worse end to the season...
@Fulham_Boy

love4ffc

Quote from: JoeyFFC on January 13, 2020, 08:06:21 PM

I could not think of a worse end to the season...

Agree, would rather be the party crashers.

General

It's curious to me why any team whos been in a relatively strong league and based in London have only had a stadium with a capacity of 12,000 and are building a new one in this city in the present to only have a capacity of 17,000 - strikes me as ridiculous beyond compare.

I appreciate adding almost 50% more seats is a big move comparatively but there's no way that's a club in London with potential to be a premier league club being A) sustainable or b) premier league ready which is what they're claiming.

Whilst I've always viewed brentford in an oddly relevant but also semi irrelevant rivalry with a bit of a rough fan base  (I've never actually been so don't know where I got that from), I've really admired how they've built their squad and made a success of themselves by picking up the best available academy players from the premier league and using them to push them on.

I'd actually quite like it if we and one of either brentford or leeds got the automatic places and either leeds or brentford won the playoffs.

Spirit of 2000

Not with Parker and Tony Khan at the helm. Brentford a much better run and managed side, dont see us overhauling them Leeds or West Brom.

SuffolkWhite

Brentford look like automatic promotion  to me and one of the top 2 could easily fall away. I just don't see us getting automatic because of the inconsistency.
Thing is the top 2 are catchable and if we could only get a run going we just might do it!
I don't want Brentford in the Play offs, but again if we hit form at the right time who knows.

Let's just beat Boro Friday  049:gif
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

70sPimlico

You should get a two week ban for that.

I won't sleep tonight.

Thanks

The Rational Fan

If Leeds and WBA win their next two games, while Brentford and Fulham drop points, then automatic promotion for the first two is certain, because the way FFP allows them but not us to get players.

Winning the next two games will allow Leeds to go into deadline day and acquire next years transfers early to improve their bench. ManUtd would probably be willing to loan them Lingard for free (ie less than his wages) provided Leeds must buy him if promoted for £25m. He is one hell of a sub and backup in the championship.

Alternatively, if we gain six points on the top two by deadline day, then we can do the same technique.

Fernhurst

Quote from: 70sPimlico on January 13, 2020, 10:08:47 PM

I won't sleep tonight.

Thanks

Is two weeks long enough...🤔

Next May living nightmare
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

love4ffc

Quote from: Fernhurst on January 13, 2020, 10:36:14 PM
Quote from: 70sPimlico on January 13, 2020, 10:08:47 PM

I won't sleep tonight.

Thanks

Is two weeks long enough...🤔

Next May living nightmare

Apologies everyone.  I will put myself in the corner with a dunce cap  :protest card: