News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What do you do with your old programmes?

Started by Steven Ageroad, January 14, 2020, 12:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Ageroad

I have old programmes going back many years and need to clear them out. Any ideas? other than the local tip!

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

In boxes in Shed,wife has failed on numerous
occasions to throw them out.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 14, 2020, 01:54:57 PM

But when was the last time you read them?

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on January 14, 2020, 01:57:17 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 14, 2020, 01:54:57 PM

But when was the last time you read them?

Quite often,when I sneak out for a
Pint of my home brew.😁

bobbo

Someone on here will have I'm sure. I put mine on here many years ago and they went.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Mince n Tatties

Also got Toofifs and a Tribute to Ivor Mag

Andy S

I cannot understand why people keep old programmes. None of them have any information when they are published much less as they get older.

SP

Quote from: Andy S on January 14, 2020, 03:58:19 PM
I cannot understand why people keep old programmes. None of them have any information when they are published much less as they get older.

I had a cull of many of the away progs but couldn't part with my home ones.  The programmes from when my kids were the mascot & had their photos on the back page are probably amongst my most valued possessions!

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 14, 2020, 12:46:02 PM
https://www.oldfootballprogrammes.co.uk/faq

Thanks for that but I think they are more interested in older programmes, which are in the loft and also need sorting.

cookieg

I like looking at old programmes to see if any of the players of the teams we played against went on to bigger and better things.

brightster

I am just storing all mine up in the loft, just bought some storage boxes, am cataloging them as well on a spreadsheet, got over 1,500 from 1973 to the present day, 84 different grounds, also got Rugby League ones as well!

The Rock

No one wants the programmes. They want the clappers though, and my kids have a clappers "collection". Condition fair to very fair.

Logicalman

Sorry to disagree, but, unless they are digitized, some of the information they contain can be useful for research. I have hundreds going back to the 60's which I drag out as needed. Then again, my wife believes I'm a magpie anyways and would more than likely agree with you!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Mince n Tatties

Some programmes are highly collectable.
Man Utd v Bristol City 1909 Cup final went for £23,000

SP

Used to love the old programme shop under the Enclosure, shame it closed.

MikeW

I had every issue of TOOFIF.  Tried to give them away on here and elsewhere.  Same with When Saturday Comes.

No joy so off to the re-cycle.  All gone but a lot more room in my office!
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."