watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Betts on his way then!!!!!

Started by South Coast White, January 14, 2020, 06:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junior white

Seems Betts wont be going to Boro if he is leaving as they are signing a keeper from St Gallen in Switzerland

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 15, 2020, 09:56:36 AM
I have not see Archer play, I only know his record, and for the record he is at least an inch taller than Fabri for what it's worth, and unlike Fabri he can catch the ball at its highest point, and can speak and understand English, whether it's Industrial or Cockney or the Queens.
So he is already ahead of Fabri before he has taken his first goal kick.

Compare youtube clips of
1. When Fabri left Beşiktaş to Fulham "Fabri Weeping Farewell Clip - King of Beşiktaş You Don't Go !." viewed 210,000 times since 23rd July 2018.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nD4sf3_E7Q

2. When Archer left Milwall "ALL OF JORDAN ARCHERS GOALKEEPING MISTAKES 2017/18 Millwall" viewed  6,371 views since 30th Apr 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-8oxiI0q-k

charlieFFC

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 15, 2020, 12:58:01 PM
I have not see Archer play, I only know his record, and for the record he is at least an inch taller than Fabri for what it's worth, and unlike Fabri he can catch the ball at its highest point, and can speak and understand English, whether it's Industrial or Cockney or the Queens.

Compare youtube clips of
1. When Fabri left Beşiktaş to Fulham "Fabri Weeping Farewell Clip - King of Beşiktaş You Don't Go !." viewed 210,000 times since 23rd July 2018.

2. When Archer left Milwall "ALL OF JORDAN ARCHERS GOALKEEPING MISTAKES 2017/18 Millwall" viewed  6,371 views since 30th Apr 2018

Jesus Christ had to comment just after seeing the first 2 clips.. are they from the same game!?!

Granted players can improve over time but hardly a confidence boost for us especially if he is only going to be thrown into the action at times of need without notice.

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 15, 2020, 12:58:01 PM

With us having endured Button and Rico he'll form a rich lineage of goalkeepers unable to catch a ball in recent seasons.

KeenCottager

Archer looks absolutely shite - worse than Fabri at coming from crosses..

The Rational Fan

Fabri was loved by Beşiktaş but they run into money problems and had to sell him and get cheap option of ex-Liverpool Loris Karius, which is decision that most fans have regretted. Don't take my word for it here is the fan video "Fabri the Weeping Farewell Clip - King of Beşiktaş You Don't Go !" viewed 210,000 Beşiktaş fans.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nD4sf3_E7Q

Sting of the North

First off, it is always very close to pointless to try to judge a player from a you tube clip. Almost all players can be made to look good or bad that way.

Secondly, my guess is that if Archer were to be signed it is to provide cheap short term cover in case of injuries/suspensions and nothing more. Not that easy to find a cheap available solution in the middle of the season.

Lastly, I would further guess that Norman may still have a chance to be number two for the time being, but a team needs a number three as well.

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 15, 2020, 01:19:22 PM

Fabri was loved by Beşiktaş but they run into money problems and had to sell him and get cheap option of ex-Liverpool Loris Karius, which is decision that most fans have regretted.

Don't take my word for it here is the fan video "Fabri the Weeping Farewell Clip - King of Beşiktaş You Don't Go !" viewed 210,000 Beşiktaş fans.

Has anybody ever questioned whether Fabri was appreciated by the Besiktas fans?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 15, 2020, 01:22:59 PM

Fabri was loved by Beşiktaş but they run into money problems and had to sell him and get cheap option of ex-Liverpool Loris Karius, which is decision that most fans have regretted.

Don't take my word for it here is the fan video "Fabri the Weeping Farewell Clip - King of Beşiktaş You Don't Go !" viewed 210,000 Beşiktaş fans.

No, but many people have questioned Fabri's ability to keep based on two games in England.

The fact is that he is loved by Beşiktaş and may I suggest that might be because he was an excellent keeper for them in 70+ games.

South Coast White

Maybe Jofra Archer would better suit, at least he can catch!!!!

WhiteJC

Darren Randolph: West Ham re-sign goalkeeper from Middlesbrough

Darren Randolph made 110 appearances for Middlesbrough

West Ham United have signed Republic of Ireland goalkeeper Darren Randolph from Championship side Middlesbrough for a fee of about £4m.

Randolph made 42 appearances for the Hammers between 2015 and 2017, before moving to Boro in a £5m deal.

The 32-year-old rejoins the London Stadium side on a three-and-a-half-year contract.

"I had no hesitation in coming back," Randolph said. "This opportunity was simply too good to turn down."

Randolph's arrival comes with the Hammers' first-choice goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski out with a hip injury.

Poland international Fabianski, 34, suffered a reaction when taking a goal-kick during the 1-0 Premier League loss at Sheffield United.

Randolph has not played since 24 November because of a thigh injury, but is expected to be available for Saturday's home league game against Everton (15:00 GMT).

The former Birmingham and Motherwell keeper played in West Ham's final game at Upton Park in 2016 - a pulsating 3-2 win over Manchester United - and their first fixture at London Stadium, a Europa League qualifying win over Slovenian side NK Domzale.

"West Ham is a massive club, with fantastic supporters and an excellent squad of players," Randolph added.

"It's a great challenge for me. I am really looking forward to working with the goalkeepers here and helping the team in any way I can."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51117240

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 15, 2020, 01:26:44 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on January 15, 2020, 01:22:59 PM

No, but many people have questioned Fabri's ability to keep based on two games in England.

The fact is that he is loved by Beşiktaş and may I suggest that might be because he was an excellent keeper for them in 70+ games.

Yes, he was most likely at least a good and likable player for them for most part (haven't watched the video, since it is usually completely pointless as 'evidence' for quality or lack thereof). That was then however, but I agree that it likely shows that he is not inherently crap, like some seem to think. Already the fact that he was recruited to a PL club shows this however. Or the fact that he has been paid good money to play professional football for many years. Thus, no videos needed. In my opinion.

I further agree that judging Fabri on a handful of games for us (especially considering the circumstances at the time) is in my opinion showing a severe unwillingness to look for anything else than the simplest of explanations based on an obviously too small sample size. Somehow ironically, I don't think a YouTube video will convince these individuals, despite them seemingly being content with assessing players based on very small samples that disregards all other circumstances.

Unfortunately this happens all the time with players. Just look at Onomah recently, where quite a few on here wished to never see him play for us again after just a few appearances. Or the reactions by some to Kamara following a couple of alleged incidents that may or may not have been blown out of proportion. It seems to me that many people just like to make their minds up about many things, regardless of whether it is reasonable or not.

Dixie

on YouTube there is also a video of Archer's saves from 15/16 season and even based on that i am not filled with confidence!
Let's hope Marek stays fit!
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 15, 2020, 09:59:25 AM
Still no word this Archer geezer has signed.

You could say Archer could be another string to our bow.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Irrational Fan You must try and get over Fabri, he is not coming back to play for the first team, especially as you say he is loved by the Beskitas spectator and his dog. It does not help to Fabricate evidence to support Fabri, and Fabri is short for Fabricate and Fabri is short in stature. He was brought over by his mates who were part of SJ coaching staff, so it's not what you know it's who you know, a bit like TK and his old chum CK.
So time to move on take down Fabris pictures on your bedroom wall and stick a photo of Tony Macedo to replace Fabri which is far more worthy. You could of course put a photo of Malcolm Webster up there also, but my recommendation is the original Cat Macedo, a proper Goal Keeper and you will feel so
much better for it.

Never forget your Roots.

sunburywhite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 15, 2020, 04:12:20 PM
You must try and get over Fabri, he is not coming back to play for the first team, especially as you say he is loved by the Beskitas spectator and his dog. It does not help to Fabricate evidence to support Fabri, and Fabri is short for Fabricate and Fabri is short in stature. He was brought over by his mates who were part of SJ coaching staff, so it's not what you know it's who you know, a bit like TK and his old chum CK.
So time to move on take down Fabris pictures on your bedroom wall and stick a photo of Tony Macedo to replace Fabri which is far more worthy. You could of course put a photo of Malcolm Webster up there also, but my recommendation is the original Cat Macedo, a proper Goal Keeper and you will feel so
much better for it.

Make it Maik Taylor and you are talking
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: sunburywhite on January 15, 2020, 04:15:32 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 15, 2020, 04:12:20 PM
You must try and get over Fabri, he is not coming back to play for the first team, especially as you say he is loved by the Beskitas spectator and his dog. It does not help to Fabricate evidence to support Fabri, and Fabri is short for Fabricate and Fabri is short in stature. He was brought over by his mates who were part of SJ coaching staff, so it's not what you know it's who you know, a bit like TK and his old chum CK.
much better for it.

Make it Maik Taylor and you are talking

Now he was a good Goalkeeper.

Never forget your Roots.

Whitesideup

I don't understand the signing of Archer. Magnus Norman is 22 and been with us for donkey's years. If he is not good enough to get into the squad, why is he still on our books? I don't know how much it costs to keep players like Norman on the books, but however much it is, it must be money wasted if you then have to go and get an Archer .. unless he (Archer that is) has made remarkable progress over the last couple of years. Can anyone explain?

Sting of the North

Quote from: Whitesideup on January 15, 2020, 04:52:18 PM
I don't understand the signing of Archer. Magnus Norman is 22 and been with us for donkey's years. If he is not good enough to get into the squad, why is he still on our books? I don't know how much it costs to keep players like Norman on the books, but however much it is, it must be money wasted if you then have to go and get an Archer .. unless he (Archer that is) has made remarkable progress over the last couple of years. Can anyone explain?

Maybe if we sell Betts Norman will replace Betts as the number 2, and Archer will replace Norman as the number 3? Just a cheap option to have an experienced keeper on board in case of a crisis.

Ronnief

The new Pascal Zuberbühler but shorter.