watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Give us your memories of Middlesbrough

Started by love4ffc, January 13, 2020, 06:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

Good memory. Able to get in the directors box 3 times, mingling with Sven Errickson, MAF and his minders etc. This was due to a working relationship with a lad who was the son of Kieth Lamb, the then ceo of Middlesborough. Good view and nice food at half time and after the game.

Sir Alec of good Stock

Quote from: keith on January 14, 2020, 12:53:06 PM
Quote from: Russianrob on January 14, 2020, 12:35:40 PM
When it comes to the Northern English it is hard to determine who were the most uncivilised.Recall Newcastle well and the Anglo-Scottish final v Middlesboro.However,the worst must be Bobby Moore's debut for us-We lost 4-0 at home to the Boro if l am not mistaken.
I remember that game.
I completely forgot that it was Bobby's debut. As I remember, for the first few games he played a sort of midfield role with Jimmy Dunne (?) continuing at 6. I remember a very very young Chris Kamara running rings around him at Pompey, the same game that Ernie Howe made his debut. After that he played his normal 6 role and things settled down.

toshes mate

I remember a somewhat arrogant and swaggering youngish centre forward scoring a brace for 'Boro against us in the late fifties as we won 3-2.  His name was Brian Clough and he scored almost a goal a game for 'Boro over two hundred and seventeen games.   

brightster

First memory for me against the Borough, was the 74/75 the Anglo Scottish Cup Final-Final 2nd leg at Craven Cottage where we drew 0-0 but lost 1-0 on aggregate and that was an own goal!

SP

Got attacked by a mob of Boro after a game at the Cottage in the 80s, the only time I ever got hit despite many close shaves.