News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

You know why Premier sides want to sign Bryan?

Started by Spirit of 2000, January 15, 2020, 01:22:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirit of 2000

Because he's an excellent wingback with superb delivery and is being mis-used by Parker who he's notably regressed under. Premiership sides will work out how to use him effectively going forward and cover him defensively.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on January 15, 2020, 01:22:05 AM
Because he's an excellent wingback with superb delivery and is being mis-used by Parker who he's notably regressed under. Premiership sides will work out how to use him effectively going forward and cover him defensively.

I'm not sure this is true... maybe. It's more like there are just few left-footed left backs in the market of Left backs. Just few good left books... so you take who you can get.

The Rational Fan

In the last two seasons, the blame to most problems is generally attributed to either of two things:
  1. Promoted players of 17/18 under Slavisa/Parker's coaching are not as good as before
  2. Tony Khan recruits of 2018 and 2019 are not good enough to plug what was lost.

Statistics show that Ream-Bryan combination is not working well enough to achieve promotion. So one of two reasons above must be the cause, either Ream under Parker's coaching is not good enough (note Ream was miles good enough under Slavisa/S. Gray 18 months ago) or Tony Khan made a mistake recruiting Bryan as he is not good enough to get us promoted. It seems Tony Khan's recruitment is getting blamed again, so its logically to sell Bryan at profit given the chance.

I would also note that the Mawson-Ream combination is another failure, where Parker's coaching or Tony Khan's recruitment can be blamed again. The Knockaert-Mitro-Cav combination is another failure, where Parker's coaching or Tony Khan's recruitment can be blamed again. It's true that Tony Khan isn't recruiting players good enough players for Parker to get automatic promotion, the question is "Our the players good enough for another manager to do more?"

When Parker has to explain why we didn't perform he has three options i) admit Slavisa's players aren't good enough for him, ii) blame the players that Tony Khan recruited since promotion or iii) blame his coaching and tactics. If Parker is benching Bryan and Mawson, then he thinks Tony Khan's recruits are the problem, not Ream's performance and definately not his own coaching. Parker better be correct, because TV money will run out and FFP is going to stop the spending soon.

colinwhite

Stop slagging off Parker every chance you get its getting a bit tediuous to say the least,and doesnt add much credibillity  to the point you are making.
Bryan is a left sided midfielder converted to left back. Good left foot and great delivery as well as decent on the ball. Good one on one defensively as well, but is not great positionally and gets caught ball watching too often. The fact that Target cost 15 million and Bryan half the price is the difference in their defensive capabillities. Hes abit of a half way house ,not really a left back for the reasons mentioned and not mobile enough to play as the left sided midfielder in my opinion.
His school boy defending and lack of marking at the far post on occasion s ,is down to him ,and no-one else.

The Rational Fan

This seasons defensive problems include the Mawson-Ream and Ream-Bryan partnership.

Last season, Fulham's performance in premier league with and without Ream before relegation:
Tim Ream playing more than 30 mins, P 20, W 1, D 2, L 17, GS 15, GC 51, P 5 (goal conceded per game 2.6)
Tim Ream playing less than 30 mins, P 13, W 3, D 3, L 7, GS 15, GC 25, P 12 (goal conceded per game 1.9)

I am not sure that our biggest defensive problem is either Mawson @RCB or Bryan @LB.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 15, 2020, 06:02:11 AM
This seasons defensive problems include the Mawson-Ream and Ream-Bryan partnership.

Last season, Fulham's performance in premier league with and without Ream before relegation:
Tim Ream playing more than 30 mins, P 20, W 1, D 2, L 17, GS 15, GC 51, P 5
Tim Ream playing less than 30 mins, P 13, W 3, D 3, L 7, GS 15, GC 25, P 12

I am not sure that our biggest defensive problem is either Mawson @RCB or Bryan @LB.

You could be indeed correct, perhaps it's TK @ D of F, or A N Other @ RB position whereupon we have not particularly had a regular player playing there. I feel we need an orthodox LB as there is nobody else really challenging for that spot although Dennis due his versatility can cover, but is he the answer.
Hector it appears is influencing proceedings in the back Division, a rarity in as much as that he is in a minority of Fulham defenders who can actually win a ball in the air, whether it be open play or from set peace situations. We could do with a couple more like him, as so far he has played 2 and won 2.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

More details about Tim Ream playing more than 30 mins before relegation when
In back four, P 11, W 0, D 0, L 11, GS 7, GC 31, P 0 (goals conceded per game 2.8 and goals scored per game 0.6)
In back five, P  9, W 1, D 2, L 6, GS 8, GC 20, P 5 (goals conceded per game 2.2 and goals scored per game 0.9)
Without Ream, P 13, W 3, D 3, L 7, GS 15, GC 25, P 12 (goals conceded per game 1.9 and goals scored per game 1.2)

Andyb

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 15, 2020, 06:36:33 AM

You could be indeed correct, perhaps it's TK @ D of F, or A N Other @ RB position whereupon we have not particularly had a regular player playing there. I feel we need an orthodox LB as there is nobody else really challenging for that spot although Dennis due his versatility can cover, but is he the answer.
Hector it appears is influencing proceedings in the back Division, a rarity in as much as that he is in a minority of Fulham defenders who can actually win a ball in the air, whether it be open play or from set peace situations. We could do with a couple more like him, as so far he has played 2 and won 2.

Yes, if we can find a DoF i) with a multi-billionaire daddy to bail us out every time his son makes a mistake (or someone gets injured), ii) that knows what he is doing financial and iii) that knows what he is doing football-wise, then that person would be preferable to Tony Khan. But as Meatloaf says "Two Out of Three Aint Bad". And, if you look at Tony Khan's record his football decisions have been infinitely wiser than the worst quarter of clubs.

A better RB would be nice, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Christie-Hector partnership will be stronger than we think. Fulham should leave enough budget to just before deadline day for one signing in case someone gets injured, if we are fully stocked on deadline day I'd use that for a better right-back.

As for an orthodox LB, I couldn't agree more, because the current squad Bryan has no one to rotate with and LB is a position that needs rotating at least a little. Its always better, if the backup left-back can provide something a little different and maybe be part of a back three if required.

Hector's ability in the air is super important, I am sure our defenders will be more comfortable to put the ball out for a corner to clear the ball and opposition defenders with Knockaert running at them will be a little more careful to only kick the ball out for a corner if neccessary.

Andy S

Even if you are right he won't be sold this window unless we get a replacement in first

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

Unfortunately Ream hasn't played well and been full of mistakes both positional and otherwise ever since we were promoted. Bryan I do like and think he would fit into a system with better players supporting him. However to keep putting that onto Parker seems a bit wide of the mark. If we are honest the system hasn't worked very well last season or this. Although clearly we signs of things gelling every now and then thanks to individual skill.

Hector seemed to be pulled out of position on the other side in the last game and we just got away with it. The system does need better players. We still need another centre half. We need fit defensive midfield players. Bryan isn't the problem. Parker isn't the only problem either.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

toshes mate

The reasons why teams (regardless of league status) want players is the same reason they have been signed by their present registered owners - they look as though they could be useful in answer to a gap in the squad.  What is less likely to be looked at is the reason why the player may have lost form, not improved, or got better, since they are all hard to measure with any accuracy.  Is it a coaching issue, a formation issue, other players in the side, a personal matter or whatever else.   What we do know is that some recruiters are better observers than others, some are more football intelligent than others, and some actually talk sense with their coaching team.

Transfer windows are that time of year when you see recruiters underbellies for what they are as they splash around hoping to avoid the hooks that will catch them out. 

charlieFFC

We should 100% be keeping hold of Bryan - he is the exact player needed in a championship to premier league transition should we go up. Selling him for 10m just means we have to spend the same money on a replacement that is most likely going to be worse all around player, not home grown etc.

Moltobueno

Quote from: Andyb on January 15, 2020, 07:07:53 AM
Hes only 23, keep him for long haul

0001.jpeg

Also, what influence could his selling be to his best friend Bobby Reid ?

Statto

Agree with the OP's point that he is, like most of our players, not playing to his full potential under Parker.

I also agree he's poor defensively.

Nonetheless, I can't see us selling him for either of those reasons, because senior management must still recognise that we won't get an inherently better player than Bryan at this level.

Actually the reason I think we may be letting him go (if indeed we are) is he may be unhappy in London.

As far as I can tell from his social media, whereas most of our players spend their spare time in fashionable restaurants with stunning women, Bryan spends it reading books and drinking coffee on his own, or playing computer games at home with his flatmate. I believe he's also talked about depression in the past. Whereas the big city life is attractive to most footballers, Bryan may struggle with it.

toshes mate

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 15, 2020, 02:08:47 AM
When Parker has to explain why we didn't perform he has three options i) admit Slavisa's players aren't good enough for him, ii) blame the players that Tony Khan recruited since promotion or iii) blame his coaching and tactics. If Parker is benching Bryan and Mawson, then he thinks Tony Khan's recruits are the problem, not Ream's performance and definitely not his own coaching.
You may wish to simplify football to the extent that it fits into a nice reusable rule based algorithm but do you really believe the above process reflects anything that is likely to occur in the thought process of an intelligent species.  All three explanations may hold true at the same time, what then?  Life is complicated and when you face up to the complications and begin to deal with them outside of the normal algorithms used you find answers that enrich things to almost infinite possibility.  It is a gift to us all and a very human trait.   

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 15, 2020, 09:45:06 AM
Unfortunately Ream hasn't played well and been full of mistakes both positional and otherwise ever since we were promoted. Bryan I do like and think he would fit into a system with better players supporting him. However to keep putting that onto Parker seems a bit wide of the mark. If we are honest the system hasn't worked very well last season or this. Although clearly we signs of things gelling every now and then thanks to individual skill.

Hector seemed to be pulled out of position on the other side in the last game and we just got away with it. The system does need better players. We still need another centre half. We need fit defensive midfield players. Bryan isn't the problem. Parker isn't the only problem either.

You are quite correct "Parker's system does need better players", but could any Championship Club have afforded the players required to make this system work? It's the problem precisely that the system chosen requires defenders that are excellent both defensively and on the ball, but such players cost insane amounts of money.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: toshes mate on January 15, 2020, 11:35:30 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 15, 2020, 02:08:47 AM
When Parker has to explain why we didn't perform he has three options i) admit Slavisa's players aren't good enough for him, ii) blame the players that Tony Khan recruited since promotion or iii) blame his coaching and tactics. If Parker is benching Bryan and Mawson, then he thinks Tony Khan's recruits are the problem, not Ream's performance and definitely not his own coaching.
You may wish to simplify football to the extent that it fits into a nice reusable rule-based algorithm but do you really believe the above process reflects anything that is likely to occur in the thought process of an intelligent species.  All three explanations may hold true at the same time, what then?  Life is complicated and when you face up to the complications and begin to deal with them outside of the normal algorithms used you find answers that enrich things to almost infinite possibility.  It is a gift to us all and a very human trait.

If all three explanations may hold true at the same time, then we will not be able to recover from our relegation to get back into the premier league before parachute payments end. If Parker stays and we aren't up, he will have to able to utilize players that other clubs receiving parachute payments don't want.

An algorithm is a process to solve a problem, we are in the Championship and if we do nothing will probably stay here. If you consider staying in the Championship a problem, then any process to solve that problem is an algorithm. And, obviously an algorithm that fixes promotion players, new player and coaching would be ideal.