watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hector

Started by Ordar, January 17, 2020, 09:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingofCheese

My question to the cynics on here having a pop at TK for recruiting some really great players.

1) is the division won by the team who have recruited the most "unknown players" in the season or
2) recruiting players who may have been good elsewhere and are now great for our team and helping us win more games than other teams.

If you want our owners to be in the business of discovering new talent that no body has heard of before I suggest that on Saturdays you concentrate on The Voice.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Hatch007

Quote from: KingofCheese on January 19, 2020, 11:06:50 PM
My question to the cynics on here having a pop at TK for recruiting some really great players.

1) is the division won by the team who have recruited the most "unknown players" in the season or
2) recruiting players who may have been good elsewhere and are now great for our team and helping us win more games than other teams.

If you want our owners to be in the business of discovering new talent that no body has heard of before I suggest that on Saturdays you concentrate on The Voice.

:plus one: Great point 👏 Well made. Wish I'd thought of expressing it that way.

KingofCheese

Quote from: Hatch007 on January 19, 2020, 11:15:09 PM

Thanks! Tired of the negativity..in 3rd with great players playing great football..what else do we want?
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

DevonFFC

Well put and hopefully some ungrateful fans will read this and digest it. Gets boring the TK bashing all the time.

ffcthereligion

The real question is where does Mawson rank in terms of worst ever Fulham signings? I would say he is the worst ever in terms of amount spent

Snibbo

Quote from: Hatch007 on January 19, 2020, 11:15:09 PM

:plus one:

toshes mate

I find the rhetoric a little bit Black & White.  I have been accused of exaggeration for much less!  I little bit of new talent discovering can be much more rewarding than expensive flops.

Statto

Quote from: ffcthereligion on January 20, 2020, 09:07:39 AM
The real question is where does Mawson rank in terms of worst ever Fulham signings? I would say he is the worst ever in terms of amount spent

I would say this post ranks as the worst I've seen. Just looking at our current squad, Seri, Anguissa, MLM, Fabri, Cisse and even Kebano have delivered less than Mawson in a Fulham shirt, proportionate to the money spent and our budget when we signed them. I can think of just as many from previous seasons (Fonte, Jozabed, Sigurdson...) And unlike most of them (an exception being Anguissa IMO) I suspect that in the next few years Mawson will fully recover the £15m valuation (or whatever it was) he had when we signed him.