Author Topic: And then there were 4  (Read 1526 times)

Offline H4usuallysitting

• The Bard/Corked Hat
And then there were 4
« on: January 17, 2020, 09:52:07 PM »
points.....watch Leeds bottle it - closely followed by Wet Brom......What are the odds of us going up as champions?

Offline RaySmith

• Gentleman Jim
Re: And then there were 4
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 10:01:13 PM »
I said we had a chance of closing the gap and Leeds and WBA would falter, but did I really think it would happen? Or so quick, anyway.

Still a long way to go - we need to  keep our focus, keep picking up points. I'm sure a lot will happen between now and the end of the season.
COYW!!!!

Offline HobGoblin

• tjl
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 10:01:40 PM »
Would be better able to get team ready for premiership in first or second place than play off final even if winning at Wembley is a nicer day out to gain promotion.

I expect one of the two teams above us to have a poor run with the games remaining. It's if we can be consistent enough to take advantage of them, that is the question for Parker to solve.

Offline Mr K.Dilkington

• Graham Leggat
  • PEE PEE POO POO
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 10:39:41 PM »
points.....watch Leeds bottle it - closely followed by Wet Brom......What are the odds of us going up as champions?
WE.ARE.COMING.AFTER.THOSE.YORKSHIRE.PUDDINGS...

Offline Fernhurst

• The Bard/Corked Hat
  • The atmospheres fresh and the debate lively
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 10:48:25 PM »
Any of you locals got QPR mates........

Leeds should walk out tomorrow morning to a chorus of:
"It's happening again"
"It's happening again"

Come on you Ha's Ha's

Offline H4usuallysitting

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2020, 03:35:43 PM »
Leeds lose - and it's still 4 points, with the same game's played

Offline FFC73

• Legend
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2020, 05:25:13 PM »
I’m still not believing yet. We still need to be better than we currently are & on a consistent basis.
Let’s see if it’s 1-point after Wednesday night & then how Leeds perform against an in form Millwall

Offline H4usuallysitting

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2020, 05:27:46 PM »
I’m still not believing yet. We still need to be better than we currently are & on a consistent basis.
Let’s see if it’s 1-point after Wednesday night & then how Leeds perform against an in form Millwall

All of a sudden our squad is looking a lot stronger, and our "new" signing Hector is settling in nicely

Offline Hatch007

• tjl
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2020, 05:51:27 PM »

At the beginning of the season I bet £25 each way on Liverpool (9/4), Fulham (8/1) and Sunderland (7/2) all being Champions of the respective division.

After a slow start Sunderland have started to pick up. I’m liking my chances as of today 🤞

Offline WolverineFFC

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2020, 08:41:33 PM »

The next 5 league games will tell me if this team has what it takes to be a Champion. We know the talent is there, but it requires a certain mentality to be a Champion of anything.

Get 13 points or more out of the next 5 matches, then I will be thinking this team may have the required mentality to get it done. They are all teams Fulham should beat without question. Get it done.

049:gif

Offline Andy S

• cebu
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2020, 12:41:38 AM »
I think we will have to wait a little longer to find out if it is automatic promotion, the play offs, or nothing at all. We should be capable of a minimum of play of place though

Offline Woolly Mammoth

• Cliffy Dean
  • Not one step back.
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2020, 01:08:40 AM »
Under the circumstances nothing less than a play off place can be accepted,

Offline Logicalman

• Global Moderator
  • cebu
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2020, 11:42:34 AM »
I, for one, would just be satisfied with a play-off place at the moment. I hate getting my hopes up just to be dashed for one reason or another.
When I saw the ha-ha & Huddersfield results I was like a Cheshire cat, thinking of what could be, but just gotta keep it down, steady and sure and we'll get the job done. Remembering though, we had just beaten a side that was on a 4 wins and draw run (having beaten both PNE & WBA away, 2-0 each), and had taken Spuds to a replay, so to get that win, in that fashion, on Friday was a big deal for us.