watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitrovic Injury Update

Started by Friendsoffulham, January 15, 2020, 01:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Not official from the Club, however, someone we know bumped into Mitro at Heathrow, whilst he was flying out to Serbia.

From Mitro's mouth, he went over on his ankle, and hopes it's no longer that 3/4 weeks.

Could have been worse we suppose..

grandad

Did he request assisted boarding?
Where there's a will there's a wife

Jim©

Seems he did an interview with Buta Sport in Serbia- 2-4 weeks, some ligament damage...

Bill2

Fulham 442

love4ffc

The Buta Sport Serbian website is reporting that Mitro talked to them.   He tore a ligament and will be out between 2-4 weeks. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

bobbo

Good to know how long. Thanks to all.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

love4ffc

From the offal website;
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/january/15/head-coach-press conference-boro

Quote from Parker -

"It's not ideal when your leading goalscorer gets injured. He's tweaked his ankle ligaments. When you start seeing your key players being injured, it's not nice, but that's what you have a squad for."

"When it initially happened, we were nervous and he left the stadium in a boot, but since then, he's had a scan and we're hoping he'll be alright in the next two or three weeks. Mitro's a player who has had very few injuries and he's quite robust."
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Andy S

When I went over on my ankle a couple of years ago I was told by the doctors 8 weeks and that is exactly what it was. Good luck Mitro. And have a good Holiday

St Eve

sunburywhite

We have played 2 games this year without Mitro, we beat the ha ha's 2-1 with Kamara upfront and Aston Vanilla 1-0 with Cav up top

In both games we looked very good playing a quicker tempo of football

Heres hoping
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

General

Official as pointed out saying two to three weeks. It's a shame and I hope he makes a full recovery and comes back fitter than before.

General

IF the time out is right he'll miss Boro, Charlton, Man City and Huddersfield - if he makes a speedier recovery than 3 weeks he may be in contention for huddersfield, which means Boro and Charlton are the only two games we can guarantee he'll be out for.

Boro are playing well at the moment - hopefully we can field a strong team and have our attackers on form.

Baszab

What is equally worrying is
Will AK be fit
I sincerely hope so as he is a truly dynamic forward if allowed by the management team to play that way

Fulham 442

AK hasn't been on the bench for a while.  Is he injured as well?

LittleErn

According to Parker on the offal, AK is still struggling with his injury. So Who gets the call? Time for one, or even two if they play part of the match each, of the youngsters to step up?

filham

Shame if AK is not ready but Parker is not going to let anyone know until 6-45pm on Friday that is for sure.

JEEVES

Boys and Girls, Bobby Reid is more than capable of leading the line at this level. I'd be happy to see him starting there. It's not like we'd be worried about who would come in for his usual positions. Number 10 - Cairney, Wide left - Cav. If AK is injured it's a no brainer, and one I would be happy with.

Andy S

And if we get three points this weekend we'll all be happy

The Rational Fan

Quote from: General on January 15, 2020, 05:06:31 PM
IF the time out is right he'll miss Boro, Charlton, Man City and Huddersfield - if he makes a speedier recovery than 3 weeks he may be in contention for huddersfield, which means Boro and Charlton are the only two games we can guarantee he'll be out for. Boro are playing well at the moment - hopefully we can field a strong team and have our attackers on form.

That's two to three weeks until he is back at full training, so three to four before his playing, no doubt the focus of Mitrovoic's recovery will be for the two triple game weeks in February, we need the extra players more then. Mitrovic should rest for our home game against Huddersfield, although resting on the bench just to mess with other the managers' head maybe good.