https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitrovic Injury Update

Started by Friendsoffulham, January 15, 2020, 01:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayffc

Well
Quote from: LittleErn on January 15, 2020, 06:10:58 PM
According to Parker on the offal, AK is still struggling with his injury. So Who gets the call? Time for one, or even two if they play part of the match each, of the youngsters to step up?

Well, Jay Stansfield tweeted his congrats to the U-21's having not played whilst they won in the cup, so that suggests he may be involved again in the squad. And why not. Yes, he's a kid. But at 17 he's older than Sess was when he burst on to the scene scoring goals for us at 16. This kids scoring record at youth level is insane and he's clearly shown enough to get some bench time already and a brief (and impressive) appearance too. Perhaps he'll get a taste of the action. There'll be the usual arguments and indeed I'd expect it to be Bobby Ried up top instead....but I'd be excited to see what the kid can do and for him to test himself knowing that we won't be hard on him if it he takes a minute to adjust. 22goals in 13 games at youth level is not to be scoffed at. This kids got potential and deserves a chance to taste some action in my opinion.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: jayffc on January 16, 2020, 04:02:10 AM
Well
According to Parker on the offal, AK is still struggling with his injury. So Who gets the call? Time for one, or even two if they play part of the match each, of the youngsters to step up?

Well, Jay Stansfield tweeted his congrats to the U-21's having not played whilst they won in the cup, so that suggests he may be involved again in the squad. And why not. Yes, he's a kid. But at 17 he's older than Sess was when he burst on to the scene scoring goals for us at 16. This kids scoring record at youth level is insane and he's clearly shown enough to get some bench time already and a brief (and impressive) appearance too. Perhaps he'll get a taste of the action. There'll be the usual arguments and indeed I'd expect it to be Bobby Ried up top instead....but I'd be excited to see what the kid can do and for him to test himself knowing that we won't be hard on him if it he takes a minute to adjust. 22goals in 13 games at youth level is not to be scoffed at. This kids got potential and deserves a chance to taste some action in my opinion.

I prefer Jay Stansfield to score his second goal, first assist and play his first full 90 minutes in u23s before being promoted to the senior squad. Obviously, Fulham may need for Jay Stansfield to play in the senior squad but doesn't mean its good for his development. Let's hop Mitrovoic get fit and Stansfield continues his development.

No Tennis players have held back as teenagers as long as the William's Sisters from playing competition until they were ready. By holding them backs, Williams's father believed Serena William will stay hungry for many more years. Martina Hingis had won the Australian and Wimbledon at a younger age than Serena Williams was even allowed to play. Matina Hingis and Serena Williams are born within a year of each other, Serna Williams career lasted a lot longer.

HamsterWheel

Mitro has put some vid on Instagram of him walking on stones. Gingerly it seems but looks like he's working hard to get going ASAP.

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 16, 2020, 04:31:06 AM
Well

I prefer Jay Stansfield to score his second goal, first assist and play his first full 90 minutes in u23s before being promoted to the senior squad. Obviously, Fulham may need for Jay Stansfield to play in the senior squad but doesn't mean its good for his development. Let's hop Mitrovoic get fit and Stansfield continues his development.

No Tennis players have held back as teenagers as long as the William's Sisters from playing competition until they were ready. By holding them backs, Williams's father believed Serena William will stay hungry for many more years. Martina Hingis had won the Australian and Wimbledon at a younger age than Serena Williams was even allowed to play. Matina Hingis and Serena Williams are born within a year of each other, Serna Williams career lasted a lot longer.

Messi seems to do alright in his thirties even though he had a very early debut in professional football. I mean, if we are just throwing random examples around.  Oh, and Serena Williams started playing regularly at the highest level at age 16, and won her first grand slam at 18 so it's not like she was starting later than most players in that regard. Federer also started playing at the highest level at 17 I believe. He is still one of the best 21 years later. If only his parents had held him back.

Who knows, maybe there is more to it than just one single factor...

bobby01

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 16, 2020, 12:40:13 PM
Well

Messi seems to do alright in his thirties even though he had a very early debut in professional football. I mean, if we are just throwing random examples around.  Oh, and Serena Williams started playing regularly at the highest level at age 16, and won her first grand slam at 18 so it's not like she was starting later than most players in that regard. Federer also started playing at the highest level at 17 I believe. He is still one of the best 21 years later. If only his parents had held him back.

Who knows, maybe there is more to it than just one single factor...

I must admit rational, at times I find your logic confusing to validate your point. Maybe serena is a better player, handled better, had fewer injuries etc. Cannot see how one item can be taken in isolation.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

toshes mate

There is always this conundrum about young players, should we play them or shouldn't we, as if there is an alternative answer to the damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario.  I'd personally have Stansfield on the bench in the knowledge he enjoyed the experience of his first team debut but has not written anything into it, nothing at all.  Had he scored against Villa would the pressure to play him again be greater or lesser?  He'll be carefully managed by FFC whatever the Club does and I am looking forward to seeing him play for the first team again in the not too distant future, although I don't necessarily believe Mitro's unfortunate injury makes it less or more likely to be sooner rather than later.   

humussapiens

Who is our penalty taker now? Btw, how many penalties we had this season, can only remember one against Leeds?

flyingfish

Quote from: humussapiens on January 17, 2020, 09:34:57 AM
Who is our penalty taker now? Btw, how many penalties we had this season, can only remember one against Leeds?

Against millwall as well. And derby iirc

WhiteJC

Aleksandar Mitrovic shares personal injury update with Fulham fans

Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic has shared an update with fans as he continues his recovery from an ankle injury suffered against Hull City last weekend.

The Serbian is set for at least two weeks on the sideline, meaning he will miss tonight's clash with Middlesbrough at Craven Cottage, but his latest update seemed to show that he is determined to be back as soon as possible.

He shared a short clip on his Instagram story where he appeared to be working on the strength of his ankle at the club's training ground:

It may only be a few league matches he ends up missing, but having already netted 18 times in the Championship – sitting top of the scoring charts alongside Brentford's Ollie Watkins – it will leave a big gap in Scott Parker's side.

Fulham currently sit in fourth place in the Championship heading into tonight's clash, knowing that a win against Jonathan Woodgate's men would see them move up into third.

A win would also make it three on the trot in all competitions for the Whites as hey look for an immediate return to the Premier League.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/aleksandar-mitrovic-shares-personal-injury-update-with-fulham-fans/

Milo

His Instagram has been back to back fitness regimes since his injury whereas normally he is quite quiet. Clearly trying to make it obvious he's working very hard to get back to fitness! Good old Mitro.

An hour ago he was up and on a bike-like treadmill (name escapes me). So progress already I would say!

filham

Quote from: JEEVES on January 15, 2020, 09:35:17 PM
Boys and Girls, Bobby Reid is more than capable of leading the line at this level. I'd be happy to see him starting there. It's not like we'd be worried about who would come in for his usual positions. Number 10 - Cairney, Wide left - Cav. If AK is injured it's a no brainer, and one I would be happy with.
Without Kamara we have no real replacement for Mitro, Reid just has not got the right qualities, in particular he seems incapableof taking goals scoring chances.

Jamie88

You know how many appearances Ryan Sessegnon made for our U23's in his entire time here? One. And that was after he'd played in our first team.
If you re good enough, you are old enough.