watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kongolo

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 16, 2020, 06:42:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby01

I have never seen him live, but ar 18 mill Wagner paid it showed he was highly thought of. Looking at the video, it seems he can pass, is quick, and lunges in with his long legs. If he lives up to expectations he could form a pacy centre back partnership with Hector. We have lacked pace at the back for a long time. Odd though that cowley says he is not a left back although reports say he is.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

LVBPTS

Quote from: river phoenix on January 16, 2020, 08:03:21 AM
Full credit to LVBPT who broke this news here two days ago. We should acknowledge our ITK`s.

appreciated
Supporter since 2000

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 16, 2020, 08:38:19 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 16, 2020, 08:25:12 AM
Never heard of him, has anyone seen him, how would you describe him

He has two arms, two legs and a head.
Observant of you Woolly, but can you confirm that the head is firmly screwed on.

LVBPTS

Quote from: Chesh on January 16, 2020, 09:38:30 AM
Quote from: river phoenix on January 16, 2020, 08:03:21 AM
Full credit to LVBPT who broke this news here two days ago. We should acknowledge our ITK`s.
Yes, much appreciated - hopefully, he won't get so much hot air thrown at him next time 🤔

;-)
Supporter since 2000

filham

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on January 16, 2020, 09:52:34 AM
Quote from: KeenCottager on January 16, 2020, 07:49:03 AM
Looks decent but another left footed CB - to go with Ream, Mawson and MLM

MLM's career with us probably over. Ream hasn't got much longer in him at a high level. Mawson has been poor. It makes sense to try and replace players whilst you aren't desperate.

Kongolo, Ream and MLM , all three looking for a game at either centre back or left back while Parker decides to fill the two positions with Mawson and Odoi.

We really do not need more cover, I was hoping that any signing we made in this window would be clearly better than an existing player and would be capable of commanding a regular team place and improve team performance.

So we could have

grandad

Kongolo & Archer don't exactly set my heart fluttering. I thought we were after quality players.
Where there's a will there's a wife

ByTheRiver

Quote from: filham on January 16, 2020, 12:07:48 PM

MLM's career with us probably over. Ream hasn't got much longer in him at a high level. Mawson has been poor. It makes sense to try and replace players whilst you aren't desperate.

Kongolo, Ream and MLM , all three looking for a game at either centre back or left back while Parker decides to fill the two positions with Mawson and Odoi.

We really do not need more cover, I was hoping that any signing we made in this window would be clearly better than an existing player and would be capable of commanding a regular team place and improve team performance.

So we could have

Kongolo was Huddersfield's record signing at 18m, won the dutch league with Feyenoord, id a dutch international who kept Van Dijk out of the squad (admittedly this has probably changed round somewhat!). I would say he is an improvement on current form Ream and Mawson and, obviously, MLM.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: ByTheRiver on January 16, 2020, 12:12:38 PM
Quote from: filham on January 16, 2020, 12:07:48 PM

So we could have

Kongolo was Huddersfield's record signing at 18m, won the dutch league with Feyenoord, was a dutch international who kept Van Dijk out of the squad (admittedly this has probably changed round somewhat!). I would say he is an improvement on current form Ream and Mawson and, obviously, MLM.

bobby01

Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Matt10

Good signing. Hopefully this is a new, positive, chapter for him. Welcome, Kongolo!

twang

I like the idea of signing players of obvious quality when their stocks are low, especially the way this deal is structured where we are able to assess him for half a season before making a decision on the permanent option. However, I really hope that Kongolo isn't a replacement for Bryan just like I hope Archer isn't Bett's replacement as both swaps would make our squad weaker.

KJS

Quote from: grandad on January 16, 2020, 12:10:18 PM
Kongolo & Archer don't exactly set my heart fluttering. I thought we were after quality players.

Kongolo was and should still be quality and as for Archer he is an upgrade on Betts, plus signing Cav on a permanent is good business, don't forget we are governed by FFP

General

Wondering if with him up to scratch we'd go with a back three and two wing backs who would then have more freedom to play further forward.

Kongolo-mawson/ream-Hector?

Carborundum

Pleased we have signed Terence Kongolo.  He's obviously got a quality player's pedigree.  Life deals out professional setbacks and we are generally better, stronger people as a result.  So not worried about his Huddersfield track record.  They could hardly get the ball out of their own half last season and it didn't seem to be his fault.

DevonFFC

Quote from: Matt10 on January 16, 2020, 12:25:57 PM
Good signing. Hopefully this is a new, positive, chapter for him. Welcome, Kongolo!

Have I missed something?

Lighthouse

Quote from: KJS on January 16, 2020, 01:19:51 PM
Quote from: grandad on January 16, 2020, 12:10:18 PM

Kongolo was and should still be quality and as for Archer he is an upgrade on Betts, plus signing Cav on a permanent is good business, don't forget we are governed by FFP

Agree about Kongolo. He has pace and frankly we need that. Him being out of favour is a mystery to me so a loan makes sense. But as for Archer. He is no improvement on Betts. I am hoping he is behind Norman and just cover.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RP24

I wonder if Kongolo coming in will mean that we play three at the back with wing backs further forward

Rodak
     Mawson Hector Kongolo
Odoi                              Bryan (if he stays)
             Reed Cairney
Knock                         Cav
                 Mitro

KeenCottager

jayffc

I'm excited about the beginnings of a new defence, we've needed it addressing and now the overhaul is becoming clear  Hector, Mawson, Kongolo at the back with 2 wing backs could be really interesting. On paper a good mix of height, strength, athleticism, some pace and passing ability all round.

Lets hope it materialises. Now all Id love to see is 2 speedy full backs capable of tearing up and down the line ala Frederick's. Would love Fossey to come good if he can finally overcome his injuries or Sess for that matter. But if Bryan does go I presume that's where the money will go. LB and RB