watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kongolo

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 16, 2020, 06:42:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

I watched the youtube. He looks wreckless.
Half the tackles risked being sent off... not sure this is good or not.

RP24

There is a video on Youtube of his Feynord days and he definitely looks to be more of a LB in some of the clips?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A70IrEX6L8

Does anyone know his natural position?

west kowloon white

Half tackles looked liked being sent off?? You tube provides a selective viewing.Cheer up for gods sake.
Welcome to FFC TG.

Deeping_white

Quote from: ALG01 on January 16, 2020, 04:07:15 PM

"I want to dislike him before he's even kicked a ball for us, what can I say to justify my opinion?"

Never known a defender being a tough tackler a reason to doubt their quality, better to get stuck in in a league like the championship than shirk tackles, is it not??

ALG01

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 16, 2020, 04:33:07 PM

"I want to dislike him before he's even kicked a ball for us, what can I say to justify my opinion?"

Never known a defender being a tough tackler a reason to doubt their quality, better to get stuck in in a league like the championship than shirk tackles, is it not??

I am not sure I even remotely said anything like that. The youtube videos are very misleading IMO but the clips shown here trying to show how good heis seem to me wreckless. I saw a feyenroord selection too and he is just the same... if that is representtive then he seems to rely on his speed and timing to get the challenges in... if he does it every time wonderful but I suspect he may get a lot of cards and nmopt last 90 minutes vbased on current refereeing... BUT I will make up mind on what I see if he comes not on this.

jeffc4golf

Lots of reports that we have signed this player but nothing on offal as yet ?

Sting of the North

Quote from: ALG01 on January 16, 2020, 04:44:47 PM

I am not sure I even remotely said anything like that. The youtube videos are very misleading IMO but the clips shown here trying to show how good heis seem to me wreckless. I saw a feyenroord selection too and he is just the same... if that is representtive then he seems to rely on his speed and timing to get the challenges in... if he does it every time wonderful but I suspect he may get a lot of cards and nmopt last 90 minutes vbased on current refereeing... BUT I will make up mind on what I see if he comes not on this.

Then I can maybe ease your mind with some facts that are very easily acquired by anyone and fairly trustworthy:

- Kongolo has played 200+ professional games, of which he played the full 90 minutes the vast majority.
- He has been shown a yellow card roughly every 10 games of his professional career so far,
- That would mean that he wouldn't even be suspended once in the Championship for accrued yellow cards if he kept that average.
- He has on one occasion only been sent off because of two yellow cards.
- He has never been shown a straight red card. 

Even though it may all be coincidences, quite the decent sample size suggests that he is not a player that is reckless (at least not to the extent that he gets himself sent of or suspended). While the refs in the Championship are not very good, I don't believe they are much more prone to show cards than the refs in the Netherlands or the PL.

Statto

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 16, 2020, 05:13:00 PM

Then I can maybe ease your mind with some facts that are very easily acquired by anyone and fairly trustworthy:

- Kongolo has played 200+ professional games, of which he played the full 90 minutes the vast majority.
- He has been shown a yellow card roughly every 10 games of his professional career so far,
- That would mean that he wouldn't even be suspended once in the Championship for accrued yellow cards if he kept that average.

Even though it may all be coincidences, quite the decent sample size suggests that he is not a player that is reckless (at least not to the extent that he gets himself sent of or suspended). While the refs in the Championship are not very good, I don't believe they are much more prone to show cards than the refs in the Netherlands or the PL.
0001.jpeg

YankeeJim

Its difficult to equate the differences between leagues. Some make the switch and others don't. Still, the dude is 6'2", has pace and seems fearless. Seems like a good punt to me. Bring him on. At worst he'll be good cover.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Chesh

He makes plenty of tackles - hence the Huddersfield song (I think)......

'Whoao, he's magic, you,knoooooooow - you'll never get past Kong-o-lo!
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

ALG01

:wow:
Quote from: Statto on January 16, 2020, 05:57:15 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on January 16, 2020, 05:13:00 PM

0001.jpeg

That is impressive. I am sure if he signs you will allow me to worry... the modern rules are at issue and what i saw seems dangerous but if he is that skilled, brilliant.

Carborundum

Quote from: YankeeJim on January 16, 2020, 06:14:51 PM
Still, the dude is 6'2", has pace and seems fearless. Seems like a good punt to me. Bring him on. At worst he'll be good cover.
This.  Love a good tackle, it's all part of winning the personal battle. A couple of good ones in the Feyenoord clip, but also some blocks suggesting decent positioning and arguably poor shot direction by the striker. A theatrical dive in the opposition box rather less impressive, but we haven't bought him for that end of the pitch.

As always, YouTube videos are to players what preseason friendlies are to teams.  A notoriously unreliable guide.  Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and hope for the best whilst cheering him on.

southwest6

Quote from: KJS on January 16, 2020, 01:19:51 PM
Quote from: grandad on January 16, 2020, 12:10:18 PM
Kongolo & Archer don't exactly set my heart fluttering. I thought we were after quality players.

Kongolo was and should still be quality and as for Archer he is an upgrade on Betts, plus signing Cav on a permanent is good business, don't forget we are governed by FFP

Archer is certainly no upgrade on Betts. Whenever I have watched Archer he has been extremely poor; but as he is now a fulham player I will support him until he gives me enough reasons not to!

AnOldBrownie

Oh man...I wanted Antonee Robinson...but this guy may be able to beat out Joe for that starting LB spot.

Glad this transfer window saw TWO players over 6' coming in to shore up our short back line.    This looks like a great pickup this window, but only time will tell.

fulhamben

Quote from: Chesh on January 16, 2020, 06:17:52 PM
He makes plenty of tackles - hence the Huddersfield song (I think)......

'Whoao, he's magic, you,knoooooooow - you'll never get past Kong-o-lo!
i really like that song, is plagiarism wrong in football songs
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on January 16, 2020, 11:59:02 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 16, 2020, 08:38:19 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 16, 2020, 08:25:12 AM
Never heard of him, has anyone seen him, how would you describe him

He has two arms, two legs and a head.
Observant of you Woolly, but can you confirm that the head is firmly screwed on.

You are ahead of me there. Let's hope he can head a ball and not just a search party.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.