more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff - 17/01/20...

Started by WhiteJC, January 16, 2020, 10:34:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

3 qualities that Southampton can expect from Fulham ace if deal is completed

Southampton have joined Watford in the pursuit of Fulham's Joe Bryan, but what can Saints fans expect from the full-back?

Football Insider reported that Southampton are readying a £7 million bid for the 26-year-old. The Saints have recently turned their fortunes around in the Premier League under Ralph Hasenhuttl, but have been in need of a left-sided defender all season.

Watford first showed an interest in Bryan at the start of the month but are yet to make an official approach to the club, and now Southampton look to be the favourites to land him.

He's a reliable player for Fulham, having joined from Bristol City in the summer of 2018. He was one of the few Fulham players who earned any praise at all in their relegation campaign last season, though he's come under some scrutiny from fans this time round.

Nevertheless, he remains a talented player and now he's a wanted man – here's three qualities that Southampton fans can expect to see from him if he joins:

Overlapping runs
Bryan is like a loft of modern full-backs, and loves to get forward. He's blessed with a good deal of pace and a sweet left peg making him a creative force for Fulham. Though fans haven't seen too much of that this season, they still hold him in high-regards.

Parker likes to play with four at the back. When there's five in defence and the full-backs become wing-backs, that's when a player like Bryan is most effective – his defensive capabilities have been exposed somewhat this season, and it's arguably down to playing as part of a back-four.

Consistency
If Bryan if anything, he's consistent. He's a typical full-back who'll plug in and do a job no matter what the occasion. At 26-years-old he's already amassed nearly 300 carer games with Bristol City and Fulham, and in loan-spells with Bath City and Plymouth Argyle too.

Southampton, in the position that they are, could so with some consistency. Bryan proved last season that he's capable of maintaining his level in the top-flight (he was arguably better in the Premier League for Fulham than he is in the Championship), and that alone should be enough for Hasenhuttl to complete the move.

Energy
Bryan seems to buzz around the pitch. He's such an energetic character when he's on the pitch and his work-rate is up there with the best at Craven Cottage. It ties in again with consistency, but Bryan always gives it his all when he plays for Fulham.

£7 million is a lot of money in the Championship and fans would probably take that for Bryan. They'd be sad to see him go, he remains one of their first names on the team-sheet, but they've got some ready replacements waiting and Parker would likely want that money to go back into the team.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/3-qualities-that-southampton-can-expect-from-fulham-ace-if-deal-is-completed/

WhiteJC

Fulham sign Archer and look to clinch Kongolo deal

Fulham are in talks to sign defender Terence Kongolo from Huddersfield Town on loan for the rest of the season and have signed Jordan Archer as a back-up goalkeeper.

Netherlands international, Kongolo, 25, was signed by Huddersfield from Monaco in June 2018 for a reported £18m and is under contract until 2022.

But he has fallen out of favour under Terriers boss Danny Cowley and has not played since November.

Kongolo, who previously won the Dutch title with Feyenoord, can operate at left-back or centre-back.

Fulham have made an approach for him amid interest in Whites defender Joe Bryan from Southampton and Watford.

Archer, 26, has been signed on a contract until the end of the season with the option of a further year.

He was a free agent following a recent short spell at Oxford United and previously made 144 league appearances for Millwall.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/football-fulham-looking-to-clinch-signing-of-kongolo-updated-jordan-archer

WhiteJC

Report: Saints step up interest in 26 y/o fullback after Champions League side makes enquiry

Southampton have kicked up their interest in Fulham defender Joe Bryan as Ralph Hasenhuttl looks to improve the Saints' fullback position this month.

The Daily Mail report that the south coast side have stepped up their pursuit of the Championship defender after Premier League rivals Watford and Serie A club Atalanta submitted enquiries for Bryan, who has been a pivotal player for Scott Parker's team this season.

As stats from WhoScored show, Bryan has been ever-present in Fulham's starting XI this season, with the 26-year-old left-back making 28 appearances in all competitions for the Cottagers, scoring once and assisting another three for the west London side that currently find themselves fourth in the Championship table and seven points off the automatic promotion spots.

Hasenhuttl has publicly admitted that he is interested in signing a fullback this month, with the Austrian manager saying to Sky Sports News: "It is absolutely clear that we must do something with the full-back positions. This is definitely a position we're looking at for the moment and we will do something."

And Bryan could be a suitable signing for the Saints this month with the club actively looking for new players to strengthen the fullback position. As stats from Transfermarkt show, the former Bristol City defender has a solid amount of Premier League experience, playing over 2,000 minutes last season in Fulham's doomed campaign back in the English top-flight.

Competition, though, might be Southampton's biggest obstacle when trying to get a deal done for Bryan, with Atalanta set to play Valencia in the Champions League round of 16 next month in what has been a fairy tale season for the Italian side embarking on their first-ever European campaign.

https://southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk/report-saints-step-up-interest-in-26-y-o-fullback-after-champions-league-side-makes-enquiry/

WhiteJC

Fulham closing in on loan swoop to sign 26-y/o defender

Fulham are in advanced talks to sign Huddersfield defender Terence Kongolo on a loan deal until the end of the season, according to Sky Sports Transfer Centre (16/01, 07:51).

Kongolo has fallen out of favour under Huddersfield boss Danny Cowley having now not featured in the side since November, and it appears as though the Terriers are prepared to let the Dutchman leave the club on a temporary basis.

Fulham are now looking to bolster their defensive options ahead of their promotion push in the second half of the campaign, and it is being reported they have turned their attention to Kongolo, who has made a total of 11 appearances this term.

Huddersfield initially signed the defender from Monaco in the summer of 2018 for a then club-record fee believed to be around £18million, but it appears the 25-year-old has struggled to settle in the Championship following his side's relegation last season.

Kongolo, who can play at left-back or centre-back, now looks set to compete with the likes of Alfie Mawson, Michael Hector and Tim Ream for a starting spot in Scott Parker's starting line-up as the fourth-placed side aim for promotion.

The Verdict

This looks like a decent signing given that Kongolo was one of Huddersfield's better performers during their relegation-doomed campaign last term, but his attitude has not been the best since the club's relegation to the second tier.

This has seen Kongolo lose his place in the Terriers' side since Cowley's arrival back in September, which means it seems slightly strange that he is closing in on a move to fellow Championship side Fulham, rather than a Premier League outfit.

However, Kongolo will certainly strengthen the Cottagers' back line during the remainder of the campaign, with the additions of both Hector and Kongolo this window meaning Fulham have no excuse to not challenge for automatic promotion from now on.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-closing-in-on-loan-swoop-to-sign-26-y-o-defender/

WhiteJC

Huddersfield Town transfer window: Terence Kongolo talks

Negotiations over loan to Fulham with view to permanent transfer

Terence Kongolo in Premier League action for Town

Huddersfield Town defender Terence Kongolo looks on the verge of a loan move to Championship rivals Fulham.

Interest in the Dutch international from Craven Cottage has been well documented, although it's been all quiet since the weekend, when Town were defeated 2-1 at Barnsley while fourth-placed Fulham won 1-0 at Hull.

The 25-year-old has been unavailable for Town boss Danny Cowley ahead of the transfer window since the last of his 11 appearances this season in the debacle at Bristol City in November.

Fulham were said to be interested in taking the former Monaco player and now reports in the capital suggests talks are under way towards an initial loan, with a view to a permanent transfer.

Kongolo is Town's record signing at a reported £17.5m and Town will be keen to recoup as much of that as possible for a player who is contracted with them until 2022.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-huddersfield-terence-kongolo-talks-17576388

WhiteJC

Archer Signs For Fulham

The Club is pleased to confirm the signing of goalkeeper Jordan Archer on a free transfer.

Archer, 26, has agreed a deal that keeps him at Fulham until the end of the season, with the Club holding an option to extend by a further 12 months.

Speaking to the official website, Archer said: "I've been watching a lot of Championship football this year, and Fulham are playing good, attractive football.

"There are top quality players here, so to be a part of this group is something I couldn't turn down."

Tony Khan added: "I'm happy to welcome Jordan to Fulham, adding more depth in this position with a player who has a lot of Championship experience is very positive, and I know he'll get the best welcome from everyone within the Club and in the stands. Come on Fulham!"

After coming through Tottenham Hotspur's academy, Archer sampled first team football during a number of loan spells, before a permanent move to Millwall in the summer of 2015.

Archer immediately established himself as the Lions' number one, winning their player of the season award in his maiden campaign.

The following year he was a key figure in their promotion to the Championship, and he departed the Den at the end of last season having made 166 appearances for the club.

He took in a short term deal with Oxford United recently, securing three clean sheets in six league outings.

Capped at senior level by Scotland, Archer made his international debut in May 2018.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/january/16/jordan-archer-signs-for-fulham

WhiteJC

Archer: Absolute Honour

Jordan Archer needed no convincing when he was made aware of Fulham's interest in his services.

The goalkeeper penned what is initially a short-term contract this week, something he was delighted to get over the line.

When asked what made Craven Cottage such an attractive proposition, he said: "The stature of the Club.

"For years it's been an attractive football club. The Gaffer's come in and got them playing good football, and that's something I want to buy into. When Fulham came in it was a no-brainer.

"I'm buzzing now. I was raring to get it done. I got the call earlier in the week to come in and do the medical.

"It's a fantastic club, I've played against them a few times so I know some of the boys here. This season they're doing well, so it's an absolute honour to be part of it.

"I've been watching a lot of Championship football this year, and Fulham are playing good, attractive football.

"There are top quality players here, so to be a part of this group is something I couldn't turn down."

Having come through Tottenham Hotspur's academy, Archer already knows Scott Parker and Goalkeeping Coach Rob Burch, and he is also well aware of the talent he'll be competing with between the sticks.

"I know Burchy, I worked with him when we were back at Spurs, quite a few years ago when I was a youth team player," he explained.

"I know Scotty Parker – or the Gaffer I should say – as I was a young lad when he was there, so that should help me transition.

"I've played against Betts a few times – he's a top, top 'keeper. I've been watching Fulham this season and Marek's come in and has done a fantastic job as well, so it's a strong group.

"I'm going to add competition to that, and I'm sure we'll bounce off each other."

Archer joins a Fulham side sitting fourth in the league, but he remains confident that his new side can challenge for automatic promotion.

"We've got a strong squad," he stated. "The Championship gets harder every single year. There's a lot of top teams in it and it's a long old season.

"I've played a few seasons in the Championship and teams do have dips in form, but if we can go on a good run and maintain that level, with the quality we've got in the squad, then I've no doubt the boys will be in and around it."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/january/16/jordan-archer-absolute-honour

WhiteJC

Fulham sign Archer

Fulham have this morning confirmed the signing of former Millwall and Oxford United goalkeeper Jordan Archer on a free transfer.

The Scottish international has initially signed a short-term contract until the end of the season, with Fulham holding an option to extend the deal by a further year. The 26 year-old is thought to have been snapped up after longstanding goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli indicated his unhappiness at Craven Cottage having been dropped by Scott Parker.

Archer, who began his career by coming through the ranks at Tottenham Hotspur, established himself at Millwall, making 166 appearances in four years at the New Den and helping the Lions win promotion from the Championship. He was briefly at League One Oxford earlier this term, keeping three clean sheets in six games, and told Fulham's official website that he was delighted to join the club:

"I've been watching a lot of Championship football this year, and Fulham are playing good, attractive football. There are top quality players here, so to be a part of this group is something I couldn't turn down."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2020/01/fulham-sign-archer/

WhiteJC

Jordan Archer: Fulham sign Scotland and former Millwall goalkeeper

Archer arrives from a one-month spell at Oxford United, where he featured in the Carabao Cup quarter-final against Manchester City

Fulham have signed goalkeeper Jordan Archer on a free transfer from Oxford United until the end of the season.

The club have an option to extend the former Millwall keeper's deal by a further 12 months.

"Fulham are playing good, attractive football," the 26-year-old Scotland international told the club website.

Archer, a Tottenham Hotspur academy graduate, previously had a successful spell at Millwall, making 166 appearances after signing a permanent deal in 2015.

Last month, he joined League One side Oxford as short-term cover for first-choice keeper Simon Eastwood.

He played eight games in all competitions and kept three clean sheets in six league matches.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51134934

WhiteJC

Fulham sign ex-Millwall goalkeeper Jordan Archer on free transfer after Oxford exit

Returning to London: Former Tottenham and Millwall goalkeeper Jordan Archer ( Getty Images )

Fulham have completed the signing of former Millwall goalkeeper Jordan Archer on a free transfer.

The 26-year-old, who came through the ranks at Tottenham, was released by Millwall in the summer and signed a short-term deal with Oxford in December.

Archer left the League One club following eight games after acting as an emergency injury replacement for Simon Eastwood, but has now joined Fulham.

The Whites have signed the Scotland international until the end of the season, but there is an option to extend his stay by 12 months.

Archer said: "I've been watching a lot of Championship football this year, and Fulham are playing good, attractive football.

Chairman and director of football operations Tony Khan added: "I'm happy to welcome Jordan to Fulham, adding more depth in this position with a player who has a lot of Championship experience is very positive, and I know he'll get the best welcome from everyone within the club and in the stands."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-transfer-news-jordan-archer-millwall-a4335916.html

WhiteJC

'Could turn out to be somewhat of a coup' – Fulham plot move for Rangers player: The verdict

This article is part of Football League World's 'The Verdict' series, which provides personal opinions from the FLW writers regarding the latest breaking news, teams, players, managers, potential signings and more...

Fulham manager Scott Parker is looking to bolster his squad during the January transfer window, as the Cottagers look to maintain their promotion challenge with the club considering Rangers defender Connor Goldson, according to a report on Football Insider.

Goldson, 27, joined Rangers in June 2018 from Brighton and has impressed for the Ibrox side in the SPFL since his move, though Fulham are now hoping to tempt him back south of the border.

So would Goldson be a good signing at Craven Cottage, is he needed and would he start?

We discuss.........

Jordan Rushworth
"This would be a smart signing for Fulham to make this month, with the defender having developed his all around defensive game during his time with Rangers over the last few campaigns, which suggests he could be ready to make a return to the Championship.

"Fulham, though, do have options at the heart of defence having just added Michael Hector to the squad alongside the likes of Tim Ream, Alfie Mawson and Maxime Le Marchand, which could make it a challenge for Goldson to make it into their starting line-up.

"Goldson, though, could well be able to form an effective partnership with Hector at the heart of Fulham's defence during the rest of the campaign, and the pair could help to make Scott Parke's side more difficult to break down.

"Rangers would likely be reluctant to lose Goldson this month, although Fulham could tempt him to Craven Cottage with the prospect of a return to the Premier League were Parker's side to find some consistent form during the rest of the season."

Josh Cole
"If Fulham can convince Goldson to make the move to Craven Cottage, it could turn out to be somewhat of a coup.

"A mainstay in Rangers' starting eleven this season, the defender has played a key role in helping the club achieve a tremendous amount of success in the Scottish Premiership in recent months.

"Whilst Goldson has only played 29 games at Championship level during his career, there is no reason why he cannot take this particular division by storm with Fulham providing that he is given time to adapt to his new surroundings.

"With the Cottagers looking to secure an immediate return to the Premier League in May, the 27-year-old's arrival could potentially help them achieve this goal."

George Harbey
"I think that Goldson could be an excellent addition for Fulham as the Cottagers look to get back on track and push for promotion to the Premier League.

"Goldson has been a really important player under Steven Gerrard over the past couple of years, and has provided real leadership in the heart of Gers' defence.

"He has, of course, experienced success at this level before with Brighton and Hove Albion so that would obviously help Fulham in their quest for an immediate return to the top-flight this term.

"The defender is entering his prime and he could be a really useful addition for Scott Parker's side. Fulham are really impressive in attack, but their defence has really let them down this season having conceded 30 goals in the Championship."

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/could-turn-out-to-be-somewhat-of-a-coup-fulham-plot-move-for-rangers-player-the-verdict/

WhiteJC

Fulham in talks with Kongolo

According to Sky Sports, Huddersfield Town defender Terence Kongolo is in talks over joining Fulham.

The 25-year-old is currently out of favour at Huddersfield Town and the club are willing to cooperate with a transfer.

According to Sky Sports, Kongolo is in talks with Fulham, who would loan the defender until the end of the season with an option to make it permanent.

Kongolo became the most expensive transfer in Huddersfield Town's history when he joined from AS Monaco in 2018 for €20 million. He has made 45 appearances for the club and has a contract until 2022.

http://www.football-oranje.com/fulham-in-talks-with-kongolo/

WhiteJC

Jordan Archer joins Fulham after short-term deal at Oxford United

Jordan Archer played eight games for Oxford United Picture: David Fleming

JORDAN Archer has signed for Fulham following the conclusion of his short-term deal with Oxford United.

The goalkeeper, who was a free agent, played eight games for Karl Robinson's side in a four-week deal as cover for Simon Eastwood.

Also read: Oxford United's FA Youth Cup tie with Preston North End rearranged - for Deepdale

It expired earlier this month, but Archer's spell with the U's helped get him back in the spotlight after spending the first half of the season without a club.

He has signed a contract with Fulham until the end of the campaign, with the club holding the option of a 12-month extension.

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/18165144.jordan-archer-joins-fulham-short-term-deal-oxford-united/

WhiteJC

New Tour Dates Added

Further dates have now been added in January 2020 for Fulham fans to enjoy Craven Cottage Tours.

Experience the rich history of London's original football club with tour dates added at 11am on Sunday 19th January, Friday 24th January or Saturday 25th January. For a full list of Craven Cottage Tour dates and times, please click here.

The tour, which commences by the Johnny Haynes Statue on Stevenage Road, takes you to all the key locations around the ground including the home and away dressing rooms, the press room, our new fan-inspired bar, The Flag – showcasing memorable moments from Fulham's past - as well as the historic Cottage itself!

Adults can secure their spot on the tour for £15, with juniors priced at £12 and under 5's free of charge. You can also take advantage of a special Family Package, with 2 adults and 2 kids just £45.

Fans can book their space online, by emailing [email protected] or by calling 0203 841 9053.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/january/16/craven-cottage-tours-dates-added

WhiteJC

Fulham will reportedly sign £18m man; move could have ramifications at Southampton

Fulham will reportedly sign Huddersfield's Terence Kongolo, opening the door for Joe Bryan to seal a return to the Premier League.

Fulham are in talks to sign £18m Terrence Kongolo from Huddersfield Town, according to West London Sport, with Harry Toffolo expected to replace the Holland international at the John Smith's Stadium.

Could this be a transfer which causes ripples throughout English football?

After a difficult season at a Huddersfield side in danger of successive relegations, reports from the capital suggest that a former Feyenoord and Monaco defender is on his way to Craven Cottage.

Scott Parker's Fulham have entered talks over a deal which would see Kongolo, the Terriers' £18 million record signing, move to West London on loan until the end of the season.

And, interestingly, the report suggests that this could be linked with the rising interest in Joe Bryan. The Mail claims that Southampton and Watford are both interested in the Fulham flyer and Kongolo, who has made most of his appearances at left-back this season, could be the former Bristol City star's successor, even if he is not exactly a like-for-like replacement.

Southampton need reinforcements on the left, having sold Matt Targett to Aston Villa over the summer and Bryan is the kind of swashbuckling wide man who Ralph Hasenhuttl loves.

Kongolo's impending departure could also pave the way for Huddersfield to make their third signing of the window. The Express reports that Danny Cowley is hoping to raid former employers Lincoln City for Harry Toffolo, a former Norwich and England U20 left-back who has been in the form of his life at Sincil Bank.

The January market is a chessboard and it seems that the pieces are moving.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/01/16/do-fulham-will-reportedly-sign-18m-man-move-could-have-ramificat/

WhiteJC

Fulham striker ruled out of Middlesbrough tie

Middlesbrough have been handed a huge boost as Fulham are set to be without top scorer Aleksandar Mitrovic ahead of their clash on Friday night.

Mitrovic had suffered an ankle ligament injury late in Fulham's 1-0 victory at Hull City last Saturday, with the player leaving on a stretcher.

Fulham boss Scott Parker had feared the worst during his post-match comments revealing that the injury didn't look good.

Parker has since given an update ahead of the game against Middlesbrough, revealing that it was not as bad as initially feared.

"We were worried it might have be a little bit longer but, although there is damage there, we hope we can turn him around in a few weeks."

This means that he will miss the game on Friday, which is a huge loss for the Cottagers given the wider context.

Mitrovic has scored 18 goals so far in the League, which is 44% of the total goals scored by Fulham this season.

Boro boss Jonathan Woodgate will be able to prepare his team without having the problem of facing the Serbian forward.

Boro are on a five-match unbeaten streak in the Championship and are looking to continue this good form at Craven Cottage on Friday.

https://www.oneboro.co.uk/boro-news/fulham-striker-ruled-out-of-middlesbrough-tie-16120

WhiteJC

What Fulham boss learned about Boro from Spurs clash & praise for Woodgate

Parker was taking notes on 'athletic' Boro ahead of the Craven Cottage clash

match preview-Boro-v-Fulham

Scott Parker is expecting a tough test against 'athletic' Middlesbrough at Craven Cottage tomorrow.

The Fulham boss was scribbling away taking notes as he watched spirited Boro make a game of it at Spurs.

Jonathan Woodgate's side battled back from a two goal deficit in a lively second half before going down 2-1 in Tuesday's FA Cup third round replay at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium.

"They grew into the game and gave themselves a fighting chance against a very good side in Spurs," said Parker.

"They're coming off a very good run, I think they're unbeaten in four or five in the division.

"Middlesbrough have some athletes in their team, so we'll need to be aware of that. It'll be another tough game for us."

And Parker also had praise for the Boro boss who has turned the season around dramatically.

When Fulham came to the Riverside in October and held on with 10 men for a 0-0 draw, Boro were seven without a win and had slipped into the relegation zone.

The reverse fixture comes with Boro top of the Championship form table having lost just one in eight.

"Jonathan Woodgate's done a very good job after a slow start," noted former England team-mate Parker.

"Early in the season, it was probably stressful for him, but he's changed things around a bit. He's a good lad."

While Boro will take positives after their show against Spurs, Fulham are bubbling after beating top flight Aston Villa  in their own third round clash, a result that ended a costly little wobble.

"It was a massive boost for us, beating Villa, a Premier League team," said Park. "It built momentum and confidence.

"Certainly after a bad result, there was no bigger test than Villa in a competition that I respect fully. You build on the positives."

But that win was followed by a 1-0 victory at Hull that came at a price as top scorer and talisman Aleksander Mitrovic picked up a serious ankle injury that will sideline him for at least three weeks.

Serbian striker Mitrovic has weighed in with 18 goals in 26 Championship matches for Fulham, scoring 44% of their total goals in the league this term.

"It's not ideal when your leading goalscorer gets injured," said Parker. "He's tweaked his ankle ligaments.

"When you start seeing your key players being injured, it's not nice, but that's what you have a squad for.

"When it initially happened, we were nervous and he left the stadium in a boot but since then, he's had a scan and we're hoping he'll be alright in the next two or three weeks.

"Mitro's a player who has had very few injuries and he's quite robust."

Fulham will have to turn to other attacking options such as Bobby Decordova-Reid and Aboubakar Kamara.

Despite that Parker is hoping to regain momentum. Fulham are fourth and six points behind Leeds in the second automatic promotion spot and with a pack tightly gathered around them.

"We've got a run of fixtures with tough games coming up starting with Middlesbrough," he said.

"But they are games you look at and think if we can get on good run here, we can do something pretty good."

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-fulham-boss-learned-boro-17578267

WhiteJC

Nottingham Forest suffer Dwight Gayle setback, Southampton enter race for Joe Bryan - latest Championship rumours

The latest news and rumours from around the Championship

The January transfer window is now 16 days old with clubs currently embraced in the madness that a transfer window normally brings.

A host of clubs from division are all being linked with signing new players, with the 2020 January transfer window set to close on January 31.

With that in mind, we have taken a look at the latest rumours from around the Championship.

Forest suffer Gayle setback

Nottingham Forest could be set to bow out of the race to sign Dwight Gayle.

Sabri Lamouchi's side has been heavily linked with a loan move for the forward this month.

But the Daily Star is reporting that City Ground chiefs have hit a roadblock in negotiations with their St James' Park counterparts.

Saints enter race for Bryan

Southampton have joined the race for Joe Bryan.

The former Bristol City man has spent the last 18 months at Fulham but is attracting interest in the January transfer window.

Watford have previously been linked with the left-back, but the Daily Mail is now reporting Southampton have now expressed an interest in the 26-year-old.

West Brom target Huddersfield forward

West Brom are considering a move for Huddersfield Town forward Karlan Grant this month.

Grant has scored 12 goals so far this season, having cost Town £2million when he arrived from Charlton last January.

BirminghamLive understands that Baggies boss Slaven Bilic is weighing up whether to make a move, as he looks bolster his attacking options for the second half of the season.

Fulham eye Rangers star

Fulham are targeting Rangers defender Connor Goldson this month.

Goldson has been one of the Gers' standout stars in the Scottish Premiership since his move to the club in 2018.

A Fulham source has told Football Insider that the club are keeping close tabs on Goldson after his impressive displays in Scotland.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/uk-sports-news/nottingham-forest-suffer-dwight-gayle-17573887

WhiteJC

4 goals, 2 assists: The Fulham attacker who will need to step up in key man's absence

Fulham boss Scott Parker has confirmed that leading goalscorer Aleksandar Mitrovic will be out of action for between two and three weeks after suffering an ankle injury against Hull on the weekend.

Mitrovic was carried off on a stretcher in the 80th minute of the Cottagers' 1-0 victory over the Tigers, but it has now emerged that the Serbian's injury is not as bad as first feared, with Mitrovic set to return to action in February.

The 25-year-old has been an integral figure during Fulham's promotion effort this season, during which the West London side often depending on his prolific record in front of goal to see them through games, with Mitrovic having netted 18 goals this term.

This means the Cottagers will certainly miss his services during his absence, but it also presents the opportunity for another attacker to step up to the mark during his lay-off, and Bobby Reid will be the main man aiming to fill in for Mitrovic.

Reid has impressed in various attacking roles since joining on a season-long loan deal from Cardiff over the summer, with the 26-year-old having made 24 appearances this campaign, and he could well lead the line over the coming weeks for Parker's side.

Here, we take a closer look at Reid's stats so far this season as he prepares to become the main man for Fulham...

Reid has been a regular feature in the Fulham side this campaign which has seen him complete 1691 minutes of action for the Cottagers, while he has now played the full 90 minutes in each of his side's last five league matches.

His versatility means he has not really been given the opportunity to settle in one position in Parker's side – with Reid being able to play anywhere in Fulham's attacking unit – but he has been able to score four goals and register two assists during his outings.

It should also be noted that three of these goals have come during Fulham's last four league matches, so it certainly appears as though the attacker is finding form at the right time as he prepares to try and fill Mitrovic's goalscoring void.

Reid's overall game play has been particularly impressive since his switch to West London, and this is partly indicated through his 84.1% pass completion rate, which suggests he has quickly been able to develop a strong understanding with his teammates.

The 26-year-old has also shown he is regularly able to transition the ball from midfield to attack by completing an average of 3.14 dribbles per game, and he should certainly be looking to utilise his dribbling quality if deployed up front by Parker.

Furthermore, Reid has also made a sound defensive contribution during his appearances in the side, with this seeing him winning 62% of his defensive duels, and this continues to illustrate how Reid has contributed across the park for the West Londoners.

Reid has definitely proven he is capable of stepping up to the mark in Mitrovic's absence from the team, and the fact he has also been among the goals recently suggests Fulham will be more than comfortable with him leading the line for the next few weeks.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/4-goals-2-assists-the-fulham-attacker-who-will-need-to-step-up-in-key-mans-absence/

WhiteJC

2.52 saves per game: Will this 26-y/o be suitable back-up at Fulham until the end of the season?

Fulham have signed goalkeeper Jordan Archer on a free transfer from Oxford United.

The 26-year-old stopper was on a short-term deal at Oxford, and has today joined Fulham until the end of the season. He'll act as no.2 to Marek Rodak, as it looks evermore likely that Marcus Bettinelli will depart this month.

Ex-Wycombe, Northampton and Millwall keeper Archer is a product of the Charlton Athletic youth academy, although he spent time in the Tottenham Hotspurs academy too, and has represented Scotland at U19, U20 and U21 level as well as being capped by the Scottish national team.

Millwall though is where Archer made his name – he played 166 games for the Lions between 2015 and 2019, being named Player of the Season in his first season, and winning promotion under Neil Harris in 2017 before being released by the club last summer.

Oxford gave him refuge with a short-term deal, and here's how he fared for the U's:

In six games for Oxford, Archer kept three clean sheets. He averaged just over a goal conceded every game, but given that Oxford played Manchester City in that time, isn't all that bad.

Archer kept a long pass accuracy of 73.2%, and managed to average 2.52 saves per game – distribution was one of Bettinelli's downfalls, and fans will be pleased to know that they've found a solid back-up goalkeeper in Archer.

One of Parker's best moves at Fulham this season has been to introduce Rodak into the side. The Slovakian stopper has been a revelation since replacing Bettinelli, and looks set to be the no.1 at Craven Cottage for many years to come.

This'll give Archer plenty of down time on the Fulham bench, but with it only being a short-term deal until the end of the season, the 26-year-old could well move on again in the summer.

He becomes Fulham's third signing of the transfer window after the permanent signing of Wolves' Ivan Cavaleiro, and Michael Hector finalising his move from Chelsea on New Year's Day.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/2-52-saves-per-game-will-this-26-y-o-be-suitable-back-up-at-fulham-until-the-end-of-the-season/