News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What is the average distance travelled by home supporters to Fulham fc.

Started by Southdowns White, January 16, 2020, 03:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigalffc

Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Ronnief

Same as Southcoast being in Littlehampton, but my son has a 1400 mile round trip from Germany on his occasional visits.

EastEndWhite

Southdowns White

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 16, 2020, 04:11:23 PM
120 mile round trip for me.

Someone (MJG?) produced a map of supporter locations a few years ago - not sure if this link will work:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1euHSxnc8BCZlLsqfnmUYHuoI2T01TaXb&ll=-3.81666561775622e-14%2C0&z=1
Great Map, haven,t seen this for a few years, I am surprised at how few there are in Hammersmith and Fulham. I can certainly add a few more down here in Sussex that aren't on the map and that's just within my village + 2 more families in a neighbouring village.  Many of us grew up within a mile of the ground, others in Putney and Battersea.

Logicalman

Someone (MJG?) produced a map of supporter locations a few years ago - not sure if this link will work:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1euHSxnc8BCZlLsqfnmUYHuoI2T01TaXb&ll=-3.81666561775622e-14%2C0&z=1

Map works well, though I am a tad suspicious of how many hits (5) there are in Indianapolis! I only know of one other FFC supporter in that area, and she lives in the same house as I do! Though two of the Zip Codes do refer to my last two abodes over the past 5 years, as well as the tickets we got (JH stand & Hammy End).

Oh, and round trip is about 8250 for us, if we go via O'Hare.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Whitesideup

Lighthouse

I used to regularly go from Brighton and back. Once drove from the Scottish Borders where I was on holiday to Brighton to pick up a mate then to Fulham for the game. Those were the days.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

spikey norman

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 16, 2020, 07:24:51 PM
I used to regularly go from Brighton and back. Once drove from the Scottish Borders where I was on holiday to Brighton to pick up a mate then to Fulham for the game. Those were the days.
Quite a few of us down here in Brighton and Hove who still make the journey when the trains are running and even when they aren't.

WokingFFC

sussexwhite

The Rock

JFK to LHR then tube to Earls Court road and transfer to Putney. It's actually usually pretty quick, though I usually go from work which is at Green Park.

Fernhurst

Quote from: roberto w6 on January 16, 2020, 05:06:04 PM
I will buck the trend with a 1.6 mile walk each way from Hammersmith

Oh how I wish we still had our family home in Fernhurst Road Fulham where I was born.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Twig

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Logicalman on January 16, 2020, 06:35:50 PM

Map works well, though I am a tad suspicious of how many hits (5) there are in Indianapolis! I only know of one other FFC supporter in that area, and she lives in the same house as I do! Though two of the Zip Codes do refer to my last two abodes over the past 5 years, as well as the tickets we got (JH stand & Hammy End).

Oh, and round trip is about 8250 for us, if we go via O'Hare.
if I remember correctly, in compiling the data, MJG (if it was he) asked people to submit their postcodes/zipcodes themselves.  And I'm not sure how many years ago it was so the McBride, Dempsey, Bocanegra effect may have waned since then.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Teddymaybank

Travel up from Hove, getting a bit fed up with Friday night games.....

MJG

I'm thinking of doing the map again. It was based purely on the data sent to me.
Just the views of a long term fan