watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Connor Goldson

Started by South Coast White, January 16, 2020, 06:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

South Coast White

If we are looking at this lad from Rangers as well as Kongola, what's our back four to be.

Christie/ Sess  Mawson/ Goldsen  Hector/Ream    Kongola/MLM

Would be great for competition!!!!!!

FulhamStu

I saw a lot of Goldstone at Shrewsbury.  He is a class act and would have loved us to sign him but instead he went to Brighton, I think got a bad injury and went off the radar.  As I said, he certainly was a class act and captain of the club at 21 years old.

Mince n Tatties

Another defender in?
He can play right back as well as Centre back.

colinwhite

filham

Quote from: South Coast White on January 16, 2020, 06:48:01 PM
If we are looking at this lad from Rangers as well as Kongola, what's our back four to be.

What no place for Odoi.

Mince n Tatties

Is Mawson going back to Swansea,or maybe
someone else going out?

Chesh

Swap Odoi for MLM (useless imo), then we're talking...
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

ALG01

Quote from: Chesh on January 17, 2020, 10:30:53 AM

MLM has been extremely poor from day one. There is not a game he played that i can recall that was not littered with massive howlers that were totally unnecesary. He looks way out of his depth in english football and find it hard he could ever get anywhere near our first team ever again.

Sting of the North

Quote from: ALG01 on January 17, 2020, 03:25:49 PM
Quote from: Chesh on January 17, 2020, 10:30:53 AM

MLM has been extremely poor from day one. There is not a game he played that i can recall that was not littered with massive howlers that were totally unnecesary. He looks way out of his depth in english football and find it hard he could ever get anywhere near our first team ever again.

I agree that MLM is not a very good player even at this level, and I am certainly no fan of his. I think however that you are being overly harsh in your criticism. He was for example part of our three game clean sheet record towards the end of our PL campaign, and I can't really recall those games being littered with massive howlers that were totally unnecessary. I believe he is defensively of average championship quality (like Ream and Bryan) and with the ball of low Championship quality (unlike Ream and Bryan, who are both of high Championship quality in that regard in my opinion). In conclusion, I agree that he should have no place in our squad of everyone is fit, but I don't believe he is the worst thing since unsliced bread.

General

As squad stands our best defensive line IMO would be

----------------------Rodak-------------------

-------Hector-----Mawson/Ream-----Kongolo

Odoi------------------------------------------Bryan

Steven Ageroad

I clicked on this subject to find out more about Connor Gordon and found it's started to be a discussion on the qualities, or non as the case may be, about MLM. Just start another topic on MLM please and discuss it amongst yourselves.

ealex40

Connor Goldson, Connor Goldsen, Connor Goldstone or Connor Gordon.  I think we should sign all four.

Woolly Mammoth

No club can have too many good players, it creates competition for places and keeps everyone on their toes as well as cover for unexpected injuries suspensions and loss of form.
If Fulham have genuine aspirations to ensure we are given every opportunity to return to the Premier League this season, not next season, not in two years time. You can never have enough good players. Having deadwood waifs and strays floating round the training ground and loafing round Craven Cottage is a negativity. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on January 17, 2020, 04:32:19 PM
I clicked on this subject to find out more about Connor Gordon and found it's started to be a discussion on the qualities, or non as the case may be, about MLM. Just start another topic on MLM please and discuss it amongst yourselves.

You mean the 3 posts on the subject (4 if we count yours)... I agree, it really went out of hand. My apologies for being part of the problem.

WindyCity

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 17, 2020, 05:07:16 PM

You mean the 3 posts on the subject (4 if we count yours)... I agree, it really went out of hand. My apologies for being part of the problem.

Hahahaha....TOO funny.  I think there is way too much sensitivity going on here.  I've been in this forum for awhile now, and have been in other sports forums.  It's not unusual at all for some discussions to go off topic, if not totally off topic, as views are shared.  It's really no big deal.  Sometimes that's just where the discussion happens to go.  Anyone can bring things back on topic as the thread continues if they so desire.  But if things go down a different road, so be it.  Sometimes the other road taken turns out to be just as interesting if not moreso.  Cheers.  COYW

MikeW

These are the sort of defenders we should have signed two years ago.  If they come off we are home & hosed!  (Not sure about the 'keeper)
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

MikeW

Quote from: WindyCity on January 17, 2020, 05:17:10 PM

You don't need to apologise.

Hahahaha....TOO funny.  I think there is way too much sensitivity going on here.  I've been in this forum for awhile now, and have been in other sports forums.  It's not unusual at all for some discussions to go off topic, if not totally off topic, as views are shared.  It's really no big deal.  Sometimes that's just where the discussion happens to go.  Anyone can bring things back on topic as the thread continues if they so desire.  But if things go down a different road, so be it.  Sometimes the other road taken turns out to be just as interesting if not moreso.  Cheers.  COYW
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Jims Dentist

It does sound a bit like one of more could be leaving.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: WindyCity on January 17, 2020, 05:17:10 PM

Far too much sensitivity, what will people do when there really is something actually genuinely sensitive happening.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.