watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Could it be that

Started by Jims Dentist, January 18, 2020, 06:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims Dentist

If forgiveness is needed then please forgive me, but I have a bit of a theory.
Given the pretty poor recruitment in the summer 2018 window,
That he is involved in the new wrestling franchise,
That recruitment this year has radically improved,
Could it be that TK has kept his DOF title, but is not so involved in crucial decisions as before??

Statto

IMO... no.

TK has IMO made some pretty disingenuous claims over the years but it would be some whopper if, after all his very specific statements about the arrangement with Mendes, the Sessegnon negotiations with Spurs etc., it turned out he wasn't heavily involved in transfers this year. Personally I can't see him lying like that.

Plus certain signings, such as Cavaleiro and Kongolo, are players we've been linked with in previous windows and/or players that would have scored highly from a stats perspective.

Frankly I think it nigh on certain that TK is still choosing and driving all our transfers, and credit to him for his achievements there.

H4usuallysitting

Nope.....our software has been tweeked....and our hardware updated.....along with our brand spanking new algorithm - combined with a full moon and our missing riverside stand.....we we're just waiting for the last part of the stand to be demolished and everything else would click into place

Nero

perhaps having a manager that turns up too the recruitment meetings helps

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Nero on January 18, 2020, 08:23:49 PM

and that is the catalyst and so very true, and let's hope he continues to be in attendance.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Nero on January 18, 2020, 08:23:49 PM

It seems Parker accepted and was ok that if a player had bad statistics or the scouts didn't like him that the Khans weren't going to buy him no matter what he said.

Parker took the sane approach of looking through the players both statisticians and scouts liked, trying to find gems and add a little push to getting those players.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Jims Dentist on January 18, 2020, 06:00:18 PM
If forgiveness is needed then please forgive me, but I have a bit of a theory.
Given the pretty poor recruitment in the summer 2018 window,
That he is involved in the new wrestling franchise,
That recruitment this year has radically improved,
Could it be that TK has kept his DOF title, but is not so involved in crucial decisions as before??

We are actually doing worse this season comparing results against the bottom third premier league to top half championship teams.

Last Season, Fulham got 20 points in 12 games against teams in the bottom third of the Premier League (i.e. 1.67 points per game).
This season, Fulham got 17 points in 12 games against teams in the top half of the Championship (i.e. 1.41 points per game).

Are we actually better than last season? Was the recruitment actually poorer in "the summer of 2018"?

Beamer

Not convinced that comparing the bottom third of the Prem and the top half of the Championship is a straight comparison.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Beamer on January 19, 2020, 05:05:01 PM
Not convinced that comparing the bottom third of the Prem and the top half of the Championship is a straight comparison.

This post compares Fulham performance of 2018/19 and 2019/20. While comparing the bottom third of the Prem and the top half of the Championship is a not straight comparison, can you please work out a better comparison to compare our results in the two seasons.

How does some justify that we have improved since last season, even though we have got worse against yo-yo teams (bottom third of premier league and top half of championship)?

Statto

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 20, 2020, 04:34:20 AM
Quote from: Beamer on January 19, 2020, 05:05:01 PM

This post compares Fulham performance of 2018/19 and 2019/20. While comparing the bottom third of the Prem and the top half of the Championship is a not straight comparison, can you please work out a better comparison to compare our results in the two seasons.

How does some justify that we have improved since last season, even though we have got worse against yo-yo teams (bottom third of premier league and top half of championship)?

I don't see anyone saying this season's team is better than last season's team.

The OP's suggestion that "recruitment has improved" doesn't necessarily mean our overall performance has improved, since recruitment is just one contributor to that (along with coaching, fortune etc). And in any case, our recruitment or performance needs to be judged taking into account all the circumstances of this season, which are different to last season's. For example, last season we spent £100m recruiting new players, whereas this season we offloaded most of last season's big signings and had much less to spend on their replacements. So expectations have to be adjusted.

I don't think there's any way you can "compare our results in the two seasons" but I'm not sure why you'd want to, anyway.