more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hector

Started by Ordar, January 17, 2020, 09:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirit of 2000

Woolly Mammoth

Hector was Mustard, big and dominating and physical, which is what any successful team needs, in other words a proper defender who can marshal our defence, and his physical presence rubs off on other players.
We need players like him across the back Division to increase our Ariel ability, with strong upper body strength , not lightweights and short in height players. We were uncompromising tonight which is an ingredient we need to get promotion. You take no prisoners, it is no coincidence that we had yet another clean sheet, and although we should have scored 4 or 5, we had to settle for one, which was enough, because we kept a clean sheet, and when you do that one goal is enough.
Make ourselves hard to beat and hard to score against, have a strong spine and steel along the back Division.
That is 4 of the Ten Commandments on Defence, three others are balance, depth and delay.
I shall let you decide who the other three are.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fernhurst

Very impressed with Hector tonight...... Icy cool even when under severe pressure. Looks like a very astute signing.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Steven Ageroad

Where would we be in the league if we'd got him at the start of the season? thank you Mr Levy.

Lighthouse

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 17, 2020, 10:01:36 PM
Quote from: Statto on January 17, 2020, 09:57:25 PM
Quote from: Milo on January 17, 2020, 09:52:52 PM
Do we play Kongolo at LCB then?

Stronger CB gives Bryan freedom to roam forward and looks a much better player as isn't defending as much (ironically..)

Not sure we'll see Kongolo in a league match for a while. Can't drop Ream after a clean sheet, and even when we do, I can't see Kongolo leapfrogging Mawson in the queue

Future left back for the team, not future CB.

He is not a left back and when he is forced to play there is not very good. Has to have been bought as cover as a centre back. Ream and Mawson have both been poor this season. A few decent games by Ream does not change the fact.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 17, 2020, 11:16:55 PM

Stronger CB gives Bryan freedom to roam forward and looks a much better player as isn't defending as much (ironically..)

Not sure we'll see Kongolo in a league match for a while. Can't drop Ream after a clean sheet, and even when we do, I can't see Kongolo leapfrogging Mawson in the queue

He is not a left back and when he is forced to play there is not very good. Has to have been bought as cover as a centre back. Ream and Mawson have both been poor this season. A few decent games by Ream does not change the fact.

We'll see where SCOTT plays him.    Chambers wasn't a CDM but he worked it out.

fulhamben

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 17, 2020, 11:24:54 PM

yes, but only because he sucked in the position he was bought in to play.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: fulhamben on January 17, 2020, 11:29:02 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 17, 2020, 11:24:54 PM

yes, but only because he sucked in the position he was bought in to play.

This season Terence played more on the left than he did centrally.   Does Huddersfield play a 3 at the back?

SuffolkWhite

Hector reads the game better than Mawson and Ream, that's why he's better.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

fulhamben

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on January 17, 2020, 11:37:38 PM
Hector reads the game better than Mawson and Ream, that's why he's better.
yep he reminds me of Alain goma. And I'd absolutely loved Alain goma. Been a really long time since I've been impressed with a cb. I've seen mawson have an outstanding game recently but hector is on another level
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

hongkongfulham

I think Hector will push Mawson to improve and hopefully become the player we thought we were buying. Our CB competition has been so poor for a while now and you'd think watching from the bench to be agony for Alfie and a timely wake up call. I like Ream though, just think there is a ceiling as to what level he can attain, whereas Mawsons could go much further. In a related side note, I think Kongolo spells the end for MLM, who although I didn't fancy much as a player, I will miss his chant.

Woolly Mammoth

I thought that first half hour was not only sublime with the profusion of first time passing movements, it was as good a football if not better than any football that not only Fulham have produced so far this season, but any team in this Division which shows there is a light at the end of the tunnel, even without Mitro we tore them apart, with Mitro we may have scored more. But that is not taking anything away from the players who were in the line up, they produced some scintillating football, it was a 1 0 massacre. I like the 0 part also, and that is because we have more steel in the spine, more height and a more physical presence in Josh and Hector, and that's what it takes to grind out results and gives us that edge with tenacity and resilience. It has increased our Ariel power which is important whether be set pieces or open play, but there is still room for improvement in that department.
I hope the club have not finished recruiting as you cannot achieve automatic promotion with a skeleton squad, what with injuries, loss of form, suspensions etc. We need players that can win games and players that can save games and midfield players that can win the ball, pass the ball and score goals with plenty of energy and pace throughout the team, all a recipe for success if you accompany it with desire, hunger, appetite and commitment.
A massive three points last night against Middsborough who came to the Cottage under a load of hype from the media about how they were the in form team and they were there to spoil the party. Well we sent them packing back home to lick their wounds and they had nothing to complain about.
So we just look no further than the next game in a few days time at the Valley v Charlton, and that is only match that matters until after we have played it.
Looking further ahead is futile and it only ends up taking your eye off the ball.
We just focus on Charlton and organise and be prepared. No other game matters until that one is played, and then we focus on the one after.
That is why players like Hector who is a natural calm leader and a warrior, and a massive presence are a must in any team that wants to dominate the Championship which is full of teams waiting to take our scalp.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MrFFC

Hector was our best player for me how we have missed him. Will be huge in our chances of top 2
Come on you Whites!! :)

Milo

Woke up this morning remembering that 1 on 1 at the end of the game where we all held our breath but he just stood still and stamped out the threat effortlessly.

sunburywhite

I think our ground will soon be Hectors Cottage
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

bigalffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 17, 2020, 10:49:17 PM
Hector was Mustard, big and dominating and physical, which is what any successful team needs, in other words a proper defender who can marshal our defence, and his physical presence rubs off on other players.
We need players like him across the back Division to increase our Ariel ability, with strong upper body strength , not lightweights and short in height players. We were uncompromising tonight which is an ingredient we need to get promotion. You take no prisoners, it is no coincidence that we had yet another clean sheet, and although we should have scored 4 or 5, we had to settle for one, which was enough, because we kept a clean sheet, and when you do that one goal is enough.
Make ourselves hard to beat and hard to score against, have a strong spine and steel along the back Division.
That is 4 of the Ten Commandments on Defence, three others are balance, depth and delay.
I shall let you decide who the other three are.
Spot on Woolly , this is the man we've needed at the back for the last three seasons.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

toshes mate

Hector has, IMHO, demonstrated just how much is gained from being composed on the pitch, most of the time, and I sincerely hope he is completely resistant to the panic virus that has being doing the rounds at FFC and a good few other football venues to be fair.   

bahay18

the centre half we have been looking for . the potential to have an impact like mitros arrival in the promotion season . I'm always on edge when we have a slender lead and felt boro would score but when you actually analyse it , did boro  fashion a chance in our box ? i don't think they did . great performance , snuffed out danger at source .

filham

Hector is looking good, early days but the class is there to see. Dealt with the aerial threat from Boro very well last night.

If only we had signed him a few weeks earlier I suspect we could be top of the table now.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 17, 2020, 10:00:35 PM
Good scouting Tony Khan.

Hector appears to be exactly what we needed...and Scott and Tony deserve credit for bringing him in.
Not sure leopards change their spots just like that.
Likely along with others on here, I have been aware of Hector's qualities for a few seasons, no doubt SP has also.
Let's not kid ourselves that TK has scouted him and so decided to sign him.
Recruitment has improved, but likely down to others rather than TK.
I struggle to see that TK would have been aware of Harrison Reed's attributes.