News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What’s the best debut for Fulham you’ve seen?

Started by Hatch007, January 19, 2020, 11:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gang

Frank Large's debut was good, until the game started and then it went downhill.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: St Eve on January 19, 2020, 10:01:28 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 19, 2020, 01:17:57 PM
I can remember in the 70s George Best making his debut for Fulham, we we're home to Wolves, we won 1 0, and George Best scored within a minute of kicking off, there was over 25,000 at the Cottage. Bobby Moore and Rodney Marsh played in that game.
On the following Tuesday I went to Peterborough to watch Fulham play them in a League Cup replay and we won 2 0, and Best scored an absolute peach of a goal, that only he would have the confidence to execute it, that goal has stuck in my mind as though it happened yesterday.
I was at Bests debut game Woolly and if my memory is correct I think we played Bristol Rovers but I could be wrong

No St Eve, is you are right and I am wrong, my memory has faded
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ffccornwall

Quote from: gang on January 19, 2020, 10:30:50 PM
Frank Large's debut was good, until the game started and then it went downhill.
Lol...he was supposed to replace Alan Clarke!

toshes mate

Quote from: Dodgin on January 19, 2020, 12:29:57 PM
Rodney Marsh back in 63 and he scored the winner.
Agree.  Watched him in a youth cup match at the Cottage when he scored six goals and couldn't imagine why he wasn't in the first team already.  Always such an interesting and exciting player to watch because you just knew he would try to do something special every game.  Gutted when he was sold in much the same way as the more recent loss of Jokanovic and I seldom feel that way about players or coaches.

Jim©

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on January 19, 2020, 02:02:28 PM
Clive Walker, scored 2 including with I think his first touch. Looked class, still had tons of pace and was head & shoulders above anyone else on the pitch.

That's who I was going to say. Think it was home against York and he scored a cracker with his first touch. He really really did stand out at that level though sometimes looked like he just didn't give a toss.
Other one I remember and thought "wow" was Fabrice Fernandes. He came on in a friendly v Spurs i seem to remember and his first thing was to nutmeg Sol Campbell (or was it steed)?

FFChris

For me it was Elliot Omozusi v Chelsea.  Had a great game at right back against Chelsea in their prime and then we didn't really see him again!

Ronnief

Steed Malbranque came on for his first in a reserve match. I'd never heard of him at that time, but he so impressed on his debut.

Ronnief

More recent debuts, there is only one contender for me and that has to be Michael Hector.

Roberty

Brian McBride - Jan 31 2004 - Fulham 2 - 1 Tottenham - Loftus Road

Came on as a second half substitute - was on for 6 minutes before scoring the 67th minute winner

Great goal and even better it was against Spuds
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

spikey norman

Liam Rosenior's Prem debut v Man Utd.
Had a great game.

Penfold

Quote from: FFC73 on January 19, 2020, 02:00:05 PM
Andrew (?) Cole a forward we got from Ipswich.  I think his debut was at Aldershot and he looked far far too good for us.  Soon afterwards dropped to our level and couldn't hit the barn door from point blank range.

Kenny Achampong.  Mentioned by many on previous threads as having the "wow" factor on his debut.  Never carried it through unfortunately.

Michael Cole. Signed as a replacement for Leroy. As I recall, skillful but awful goalscoring record. Suffered a really nasty injury in summer of 1989, I think. Effectively finished his career.

Sir Alec of good Stock

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Sir Alec of good Stock on January 20, 2020, 03:43:12 PM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on January 19, 2020, 05:18:24 PM
Quote from: Sir Alec of good Stock on January 19, 2020, 05:02:02 PM
Sean Farrell hat trick at WBA on his debut. Have any other Fulham players managed that?

Wasn't his debut though

Pretty sure it was.

No it wasnt mate, his debut was away at Birmingham, a game which I went to, West Brom game was a few weeks later

jarv

Toss up for me.. Rodney Marsh (I was behind the goal it went in) and George Best.  Allan Clarke did ok too.