watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Joe Bryan

Started by Spirit of 2000, January 17, 2020, 11:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirit of 2000

Very important tonight, his delivery for the winner was sublime, Odoi RB, Bryan LB, Hector with Ream, Kongolo or Mawson... sorted.

joef

Agreed! Thought he was strong tonight.
I bought a Spurs mate along to the game tonight as I couldn't bring my son and he was interested in Joe as he'd read about the Watford interest. On the way home he said he could see him doing well in a solid Prem team... I told him to shut mouth

Statto

Made the goal tonight, ergo he was our most potent attacking player

Cavaleiro shows flashes of brilliance, as does Knockaert (albeit slightly less) but Bryan knows better than either of them how to put a dangerous ball into the box

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on January 17, 2020, 11:54:52 PM

Cavaleiro shows flashes of brilliance, as does Knockaert (albeit slightly less) but Bryan knows better than either of them how to put a dangerous ball into the box

I think we need at least one traditional left winger in the squad as an option and Joe Bryan is by far the best we have.

Other option don't rate: Knockaert is an inverted winger and I don't rate him as a traditional winger (that's why he never plays there); Cairney is a quality winger on the ball but is too slow off the ball as a winger; while Cavelrio, Bobby Reid, Kebano and Kamara lack the quality left foot of a traditional left winger (not surprising given they are all right footed).

Woolly Mammoth

That is why Bryan is such an important fixture in Fulhams lineup, naturally left footed, but is really at his best as a wing back. The way he gets round the back of defences is crucial.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

AnOldBrownie

Love me some Joe Bryan.

I'm ok with him as our lb as long as Hector is playing.

Joe with a cb pairing of Mawson and Rean isn't good enough. With Ream and Hector his offense is worth his defensive shortcomings.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

howitis

Wow, I can honestly say that apart from the assist for the goal I thought he was bang average. Often out of position and lacking desire to track back.
Thought odoi and hector were great, teen solid, Bryan weak link.

MrFFC

I'm not a huge fan of Bryan but I thought he had a really good game tonight & we need a squad if we want to go up we need to keep him. Kongolo signing will only make Bryan better he needed competition for his place in the team.
Come on you Whites!! :)

toshes mate

The cross was the right one since it resulted in a goal, but it was actually caused by poor defence on Boro's left flank where a defender was caught ball watching instead of closing down the space Knockaert ran into.

Andy S

Aren't all goals for caused by mistakes from opponents?

toshes mate

Quote from: Andy S on January 18, 2020, 11:49:36 AM
Aren't all goals for caused by mistakes from opponents?
No.  And I am not going to use stats or examples to justify the fact.  When you watch football often enough you just know when a team has carved you wide open.

SP

Glad we didn't have the web earlier, legends like Les Strong would've been slaughtered by some posters.

filham

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 18, 2020, 03:55:57 AM
Quote from: Statto on January 17, 2020, 11:54:52 PM

I think we need at least one traditional left winger in the squad as an option and Joe Bryan is by far the best we have.

Other option don't rate: Knockaert is an inverted winger and I don't rate him as a traditional winger (that's why he never plays there); Cairney is a quality winger on the ball but is too slow off the ball as a winger; while Cavelrio, Bobby Reid, Kebano and Kamara lack the quality left foot of a traditional left winger (not surprising given they are all right footed).
Sorry but I am not accepting any knocking of Knock. Last night he scored our only goal and his work rate throughout the match was tremendous

DevonFFC

Quote from: howitis on January 18, 2020, 07:27:06 AM
Wow, I can honestly say that apart from the assist for the goal I thought he was bang average. Often out of position and lacking desire to track back.
Thought odoi and hector were great, teen solid, Bryan weak link.

That lad who was supposed to be mustard and released by us, I think joe still has him in his pocket, even though that lad played as a out and out wing back in a back 5. Joe player a blinder

WolverineFFC

Quote from: joef on January 17, 2020, 11:49:33 PM
Agreed! Thought he was strong tonight.
I bought a Spurs mate along to the game tonight as I couldn't bring my son and he was interested in Joe as he'd read about the Watford interest. On the way home he said he could see him doing well in a solid Prem team... I told him to shut mouth

The current style does not play up his strengths. I do not see much difference in a guy like Bryan and Trippier.  Think is was no coincidence that after SP switched to a 4-2-3-1 with StefJo coming on Bryan started getting in and around the box again with more cover behind him.

Milo

Unconvinced by Bryan. Scope as I've said before to play him LW but he wouldn't get the nod ahead of Cav unless coming on as a sub to get balls into Mitrovic in final 20 mins.

D Reid and him are quite close I believe.. someone said Bryan was a big factor in him signing? If true, is that why there is a delay in Reid signing permanently? For me, D Reid at £10m is a great signing as evident last night. If it means giving Bryan another contract.. worse things to do?

RaySmith

Quote from: SP on January 18, 2020, 11:53:33 AM
Glad we didn't have the web earlier, legends like Les Strong would've been slaughtered by some posters.

Every Fulham player who's ever played for us would probably be slaughtered including the Maestro.

Imagine the reaction to the 60's team, constantly battling relegation, and Bedford Jezzard and the other managers of this period, and  then some of the teams after our relegaton fom the old First division!

SP

Quote from: RaySmith on January 18, 2020, 03:19:46 PM
Quote from: SP on January 18, 2020, 11:53:33 AM

Every Fulham player who's ever played for us would probably be slaughtered including the Maestro.

Imagine the reaction to the 60's team, constantly battling relegation, and Bedford Jezzard and the other managers of this period, and  then some of the teams after our relegaton fom the old First division!

I'll add Terry Angus & Jeff Hopkins.

We Are Premier League

Targett was sold for £14m, I cant see why Bryan (allegedly) is only worth half of that???