watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker on transfers after the match

Started by joef, January 18, 2020, 08:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joef

Interesting comment when asked by Sky if he was done in the transfer window after our 2 signings and he replied with a clear 'no'. Following it up with a line about the owners knowing what he wants and where he thinks we can improve.

What are everyone's thoughts on where we can improve? I'm struggling because I have felt for some time that IF (and it's a big if because much of this season they haven't) our players play to their full potential then I wouldn't swap any out.

Twig

Quote from: joef on January 18, 2020, 08:45:04 AM
Interesting comment when asked by Sky if he was done in the transfer window after our 2 signings and he replied with a clear 'no'. Following it up with a line about the owners knowing what he wants and where he thinks we can improve.

What are everyone's thoughts on where we can improve? I'm struggling because I have felt for some time that IF (and it's a big if because much of this season they haven't) our players play to their full potential then I wouldn't swap any out.

For this division I agree. To be prem ready we would need changes. I guess we have the summer but too many changes in one window can be an issue.

DevonFFC

As with what Sheffield United have shown, they don't have a prolific front line but what they have is a hard to break down defence and a team which puts their body on the line.

If we manage to bring in an upgrade in either Ream/Christie/Bryan then great, I do think if we have a solid CB pairing it would allow Bryan to be a better player and attack more down the wing without worrying about Ream being caught ever time

General

We are lacking cover for mitro and when I say that I mean an out and out striker with his height a key differentiator to our other forward players.

Milo

Loved the q and watching him struggle. Needs to still up his PR game.

filham

Quote from: General on January 18, 2020, 11:24:57 AM
We are lacking cover for mitro and when I say that I mean an out and out striker with his height a key differentiator to our other forward players.
I think the cover for Mitro is Kamara but he to is injured at the moment. The obvious weakness last night was a player that could snap up one of those many chances we missed but of course every club is looking for such a player.

Reid is popular and has a big following but he really can't put away the chances and half chances he gets.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: filham on January 18, 2020, 12:07:52 PM
I think the cover for Mitro is Kamara but he to is injured at the moment. The obvious weakness last night was a player that could snap up one of those many chances we missed but of course every club is looking for such a player.

Reid is popular and has a big following but he really can't put away the chances and half chances he gets.

This is the thing about Reid, he's not a natural finisher.

epsomraver

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on January 18, 2020, 12:31:43 PM

that is nonsense, as said last night, when at Bristol City he moved to no 9 and scored 20 goals.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: joef on January 18, 2020, 08:45:04 AM

RB.

H4usuallysitting

Yep.... they're signing me....they need a big lump up front.....in fact I'm warming up now, i should be ready by May

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: epsomraver on January 18, 2020, 12:42:55 PM

that is nonsense, as said last night, when at Bristol City he moved to no 9 and scored 20 goals.

I'm just basing it on his performances for Fulham. I'd be interested to know how many of the 20 were penalties.

Tabby

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on January 18, 2020, 02:23:27 PM

I'm just basing it on his performances for Fulham. I'd be interested to know how many of the 20 were penalties.

Looked it up. He scored 3 pens out of 19 league goals.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: epsomraver on January 18, 2020, 12:42:55 PM

Yup.

Backup striker isn't one of the concerns...nor would any one worth his weight want to come here and sit on the bench all season.

Bobby Reid and AK47 are enough backup...and we have youth players behind them.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

General

Jut watched parkers comments and something gave me the impression that he's now challenged TK to look a bit deeper and that what he's looking for aside from talent in particular is a psychological approach and way of thinking.

Interesting that he said Bobby may not start up front in the middle before the game (which got pundits second guessing themselves), when he didn't change tactics.. when asked for a role he was aiming for he said it's not necessarily about going out and buying the best players etc. I love it when people are into psychiatry so pleased parker has too. Makes me think more of him. He clearly learned his lessons from Hull. Wonder what the rest of the window has in store.

We Are Premier League

RB and if I can be really greedy another man for the front three.

I prefer Reid in midfield which only leave 4 forwards (5 if you include Kebano).

The Rational Fan

I think we should consider Seri, he won't use up a loan spot and he can cover Cairney so TC can stay fresher for the bigger games.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 18, 2020, 11:56:02 PM
I think we should consider Seri, he won't use up a loan spot and he can cover Cairney so TC can stay fresher for the bigger games.

What exactly are you going to consider Seri for, ball boy ? Because that is out of the question, he is below the minimum height.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.