News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rodak as much to blame as the others ....

Started by MikeW, January 26, 2020, 02:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on January 26, 2020, 05:30:16 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 26, 2020, 05:02:56 PM
Quote from: I Ronic on January 26, 2020, 05:01:29 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 26, 2020, 04:51:31 PM
Quote from: I Ronic on January 26, 2020, 04:50:10 PM
If Scott has a particular style he wants to play so be it. Roy did and his players needed to adapt to his style. There were moments, albeit very few, today against a superiour side in skill and numbers where you could see what SP wants.
Stick to your guns SP.
thisbisnt a new style though is it. We've been playing it for best part of four years.

Agreed, although I think the recent additions, Hector and Kongolo might help him.
kongolo maybe but hector been training for months.
Training and first team football two very different scenarios
so by that theory every single new signing should start straight away as only matches can get them up to speed?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

General

Quote from: Fulham1959 on January 26, 2020, 03:58:07 PM
Oh for a perfect team, with perfect players who never make mistakes . . .   :022:

Agreed - this whole board, myself included seems to be going a bit OTT recently trying to find fault with our squad/results/management etc and I think this post Re Rodak in particular highlights it. For me Rodak, as with Bettinelli, is playing to instructions from our manager. I feel sorry for Betts as he was caught out, as are most of our defensive unit by the constant insistence to play out from the back - something which has cost us a not insignificant amount of goals and points this season, last season and even under Slavisa - and I imagine making those mistakes for a GK can be quite damaging to confidence and professional credibility.

There needs to be more emotional flexibility encouraged into the players, whilst we also clearly need to address the height issue up front. Our front players without exception currently are all tiny - and even with a full compliment only Mitro is tall. We don't have the players up front to bring variety to our game when it comes to the way we play. a GK should be encouraged to have more autonomy in their decision making processes. If you're only ever playing or training to play to a defender then your default, whether it's the right decision or not will be to pass instead of hit it long, or even hoof it into the stands. This needs to change.

Artful Dodger

The definition of madness, according to Einstein, I think, is to keep doing the same thing and expect different results.

Time and time again, Rodak rolls the ball sideways to a defender stood 2 yards in from the pitch and we either lose it in our third or they roll it back to Rodak who is then cramped for room and can't get a decent clearance in (i.e the first goal where the ball came straight back and Ream is out of position having also been stood on the goal line). Then the 3rd and 4th goals we gave up due to losing the ball in or around our box. Yes, I get it is Parker's instructions but at what point does common sense come in to it and we play percentages and clear it first time? And can anyone think of a goal we have scored from Rodak rolling the ball sideways to start a move? And how many have we given away as a result of doing it? Surely that alone points to the fact we need to give up this crazy possession at all costs football to a more pragmatic, 'if there isn't an obvious route out, play it long and push up the pitch' football?

My final point, I'm all for playing decent football but everyone said we played well against Leeds....well it was the one game we didn't prat around at the back and only played further up the pitch. Maybe, there's a lesson there.......??
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Andy S

Why do we continue to look for scapegoats?

Artful Dodger

Quote from: Andy S on January 27, 2020, 11:26:46 AM
Why do we continue to look for scapegoats?
It isn't about looking for scapegoats but trying to understand why we have adopted a tactic where the risk outweighs the reward. The hardest part of the game is always about finding space in the final third so why give the opposition an easy opportunity two or three times a game?
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Matt10

Rodak cleared it multiple times, but can't fault him also choosing to pass it short. Man City rely on heavy pressure so that they can instantly counter with 4-5 players in attack. It was clear as day when we would hoof it long, lose it (or not touch it), and City would already be in our defensive third with one pass.

filham

Up until the City game Rodak has been very good and looked like a Championship winning keeper. Let us not spoil that image and the confidence it generates by picking fault with our keeper.
We really have to forget the City game quickly and get behind the team for the remaining Championship games where we have a promotion chance.

Barrett487

I think the penalty on Ream shows a lack of adaption/tactics. Clear the ball if it's not safe to play it to a team-mate (earlier play).....and... if an opponent is through on goal, rather than guarantee a penalty and a red... give the keeper the opportunity to be a hero. Rodak would have had more chance of saving the run than the penalty.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: filham on January 27, 2020, 06:25:45 PM
Up until the City game Rodak has been very good and looked like a Championship winning keeper. Let us not spoil that image and the confidence it generates by picking fault with our keeper.
We really have to forget the City game quickly and get behind the team for the remaining Championship games where we have a promotion chance.

I hope Rodak continues to be a great league goalkeeper and terrible cup goalkeeper. If I was Parker my instructions for that game would be only don't get injuried and maybe test your passing out from the back against the best. Done and Done, good job Rodak.