watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Today's ref

Started by bobbo, February 01, 2020, 08:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

Just thought he was the best we've had all season, by quite a distance.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

fulhamben

Yes, can't remember one controversial thing from today's game.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

HV71

Very good - played advantage when he could and looked to be in control

Statto

Yes good refereeing overall BUT...

1. AK shoulder barge was never a foul

2. Shouldn't have booked Rodak (yes we were taking the pi&& by getting Rodak up to take the free kick but the ref should have just stopped his watch, not just arbitrarily book Rodak

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on February 01, 2020, 08:39:34 PM

2. Shouldn't have booked Rodak (yes we were taking the pi&& by getting Rodak up to take the free kick but the ref should have just stopped his watch, not just arbitrarily book Rodak
not sure on your second point, rodak was blatantly time wasting and that is still a bookable offence
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

bobbo

Quote from: fulhamben on February 01, 2020, 08:49:11 PM

not sure on your second point, rodak was blatantly time wasting and that is still a bookable offence
I so agree Ben . Ref totally correct booking rodak , my point is if you just keep adding time it doesn't stop the player persistingto do it. But the booking certainly makes em think twice .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Whitesideup

Measure the time it takes for away sides to take goal kicks in the first half against us, when the score is still 00 and they are trying to make sure we don't get any momentum. I don't think it's any longer than Rodak took. Tempted to check it out just because I thought he should have given Rodak a very clear warning first.

On the ref himself, no real howlers .. which makes him one of the better ones in itself. But even so some of the yellows not given were just wrong ... the guy who held Cearney when he was ahead of him, and the foul on Johansen was a definite yellow. We got yellows for every misdemeanour.

filham

Yes good ref.
We were time wasting and a booking was deserved.

Statto

Quote from: Whitesideup on February 01, 2020, 09:16:00 PM

Measure the time it takes for away sides to take goal kicks in the first half against us, when the score is still 00 and they are trying to make sure we don't get any momentum. I don't think it's any longer than Rodak took. Tempted to check it out just because I thought he should have given Rodak a very clear warning first.

On the ref himself, no real howlers .. which makes him one of the better ones in itself. But even so some of the yellows not given were just wrong ... the guy who held Cearney when he was ahead of him, and the foul on Johansen was a definite yellow. We got yellows for every misdemeanour.

Indeed, the way I saw it, when Hector turned to Rodak and indicated for him to take it, Rodak wasted no time at all, just walked briskly to the ball and was immediately ready to kick it. Yes Hector wasted time by standing over the ball for 20 seconds then deciding not to kick it, but the ref should have booked him, or just accepted we'd outsmarted the system and he couldn't book anyone.

Tthere was also only a few minutes left so you can't reasonably say the ref needed to "stop the player persisting to do it"

Ronnief

I thought the ref was still poor. He gave free kicks almost every time a Huddersfield player went down. Was anxious to book Fulham players whilst not yellow carding their players for shirt tugs.

fulhamtom

The referee was very good. Rarely disagreed with his decisions. Cautions were correct including Rodak, who has history of time wasting and is getting too many cards. Referee was good on some advantage decisions and also went to Arter, presumably to warn him re time wasting when he headed the ball back into the crowd.  Rodak still MOM to me.

Statto

Quote from: fulhamtom on February 01, 2020, 10:40:55 PM
Rodak, who has history of time wasting and is getting too many cards.

The yellows are in injury time and not enough to be at risk of suspension. He's clearly under orders to do it, just like Bettinelli used to it, and we all know why. What's the problem?

(although FWIW I maintain the view that today he personally wasn't time wasting so shouldn't have been booked anyway)

Logicalman

Quote from: fulhamtom on February 01, 2020, 10:40:55 PM
The referee was very good. Rarely disagreed with his decisions. Cautions were correct including Rodak, who has history of time wasting and is getting too many cards. Referee was good on some advantage decisions and also went to Arter, presumably to warn him re time wasting when he headed the ball back into the crowd.  Rodak still MOM to me.

Agree with this, I believe that the ref had blown for the kick to be taken, indicating that he was already fed up with the blatant time wasting that Fulham had committed prior to Rodak approaching the ball. Rodak got the card for the other players before him wasting time on the FK, and rightly so.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Whitestone

The Rodak booking was wrong. It was a bit of gamesmanship getting him to take the free kick, clearly designed to kill a few seconds but there's no way that he wasted time walking forward to take the kick.

Today we saw a ref handing out cards late on for misdemeanours similar to those earlier in the game that went unpunished. It happens all the time. They bottle it in the first half and then we see a flurry of cards late on when it's too late to make a difference.