watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We want a draw next week, right?

Started by Bokonon, February 01, 2020, 05:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokonon

No, not our match. _We_ need 2 halves like the first 30 of today's craziness.

But for the Leeds - Nottingham Forest match, better for us if each team drops 2 points, no?

fulhamben

Not sure, part of me wants to get level on points with Leeds and worry about Forrest another time.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Sgt Fulham

Not worried about Forest. If we can't outpace them then we won't outpace Brentford anyway. Forest win and then a draw against Brentford please.

ffc73

Leeds next 3 games are Forest, Brentford & Bristol City

That said their & others results mean nothing if we don't keep winning

Baszab

Let's all pray that Brentford make the top 2 - cos we have NO chance against them in their present form in the Play-offs
I've  seen them a few times this season and they remind me of Tigana's Fulham

Statto

Oh give it a rest about Brentford FFS. For the first time in living memory they're nearly as good as us but it won't last, and we still have more points and much better players.

To compare them to the Tigana team is frankly absurd

Baszab

"remind" = not as good as ...just remind !!

Compared to our slow movement of the ball forward - they are an exciting attacking team - we were for about 30 minutes today

Statto

Quote from: Baszab on February 01, 2020, 06:52:10 PM
"remind" = not as good as ...just remind !!

Compared to our slow movement of the ball forward - they are an exciting attacking team - we were for about 30 minutes today

Fair enough, agree they are decent, decent enough to finish above any of the teams above them (including us if we don't play to our full potential)

Fernhurst

The Championship at present:
First time we drop points could be fatal - Let's hope it's not just after we have overtaken Leeds!

Although, Leeds next three games are Brentford, Bristol City and Forest.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Whitesideup

On current form and from what I've seen, Brentford are the best team in this division. I expect them to make the top 2 .. a dip in form would be unexpected  .. and maybe therefore quite likely in this division? But I think not.

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: Statto on February 01, 2020, 06:46:54 PM
Oh give it a rest about Brentford FFS. For the first time in living memory they're nearly as good as us but it won't last, and we still have more points and much better players.

Clearly you don't remember the 90's when they were way better than us....but ten so were at least 70 other teams in the leagues

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Statto on February 01, 2020, 06:46:54 PM

:plus one:
Completely agree!

filham

Always best for us if six pointers between our competitors end in a draw, each drops two points and if they do that often enough they are not going to stay at the top.

St Eve

Hatch007

I agree Brentford are in decent form but what about their strength in depth as injuries mount up after a heavy February?

Surely we have the stronger squad to deal with injuries 🤞

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Hatch007 on February 02, 2020, 09:39:33 PM
I agree Brentford are in decent form but what about their strength in depth as injuries mount up after a heavy February?

Surely we have the stronger squad to deal with injuries 🤞

Absolutely, if Brentford got the number of injuries we got then would quickly end up mid table. The problem is they don't.

Andy S

In the end it is all about luck. If we get to the top we are fair game for every team in the league to measure their season on how well they do against us. So the best thing is to not get to the top too soon. I will be happy if we get to the top on the last game of the season. However we need to get there when we can and 9ponce there make sure that we stay there. That is more about mindset than football

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Andy S on February 03, 2020, 01:01:33 AM
In the end it is all about luck. If we get to the top we are fair game for every team in the league to measure their season on how well they do against us. So the best thing is to not get to the top too soon. I will be happy if we get to the top on the last game of the season. However we need to get there when we can and 9ponce there make sure that we stay there. That is more about mindset than football

Firstly, this league is not about luck, if any team scores more than 90 goals and concedes less than 40 goals in a season, luck doesn't matter. Luck only plays a factor when your outplayed by Barnsley, Forest, Stoke, Hull, Brentford and play well for most of the other games. Against Huddersfield FFC created three chances that added up to 0.8 xG and scored three goals that is luck.

Secondly, we are at the top of the league in terms of "player value" and "player wages", every team we play have players trying to prove a point that they are better than these highly paid players and clubs should be paying them big wages. Teams pride themselves against us and players want to prove themselves against us too, being third or first on the ladder won't change that.

Thirdly, everyone is happy if we get to the top on the last game of the season, but that plan won't work if Barnsley, Charlton, Derby, Huddersfield, QPR and Stoke don't pickup any points in the last two games (as last two games Leeds vs Derby and Charlton, WBA vs Huddersfield and QPR, Forest vs Barnsley and Stoke, Brentford vs Stoke and Barnsley) especially as those teams may have nothing to play and trialling youth in last few games.