watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

No team averaging 2+points

Started by fcfulham55, February 01, 2020, 09:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fcfulham55

Feel as though it's there for the taking with our squad.

Doesn't seen to be any decent teams or team you know will run away with the league.

You'd have to say whoever goes up this year is going to struggle to look competitive next season.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

fulhamben

Yep I have that fear on the back of my mind too, with our squad (and yes I know we would sign more) and the way we play, I can see us breaking Derby's record for the lowest points tally should we go up, and I can imagine everyone else doing it too who ever goes up. It has been quite poor for quality this season in the championship
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Statto

Rodak, Hector and Cavaleiro would all have got into the first XI last season. So if we went up, we'd already be starting the next summer window with a better team than we had at the end of the window in 2018.

Of course any promoted side is likely to struggle in their first season up but I see no particular reason for us, if we go up, to worry any more than any other promoted team (except perhaps a couple of teams that have really romped the league, like the Tigana team, and more recently Wolves)   

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on February 01, 2020, 09:27:31 PM
Rodak, Hector and Cavaleiro would all have got into the first XI last season. So if we went up, we'd already be starting the next summer window with a better team than we had at the end of the window in 2018.

Of course any promoted side is likely to struggle in their first season up but I see no particular reason for us, if we go up, to worry any more than any other promoted team (except perhaps a couple of teams that have really romped the league, like the Tigana team, and more recently Wolves)   
you think cav is better than Babel?

General

Brentford and forest are the strongest at the moment and Brentford have the likes of jansson and their front line whilst I don't want to rule out leeds of West brom yet - leeds because they actually bought in areas they need and West Bromwich have been poor but won today and have an air of authority around them.

Next game though leeds and West Bromwich have more form teams to play against and forest are playing leeds so if we do win.. Blackburn we can go 2nd. A relief to have mitro back

Statto

Quote from: fulhamben on February 01, 2020, 09:28:56 PM

Probably not but I'd still have been starting him ahead of AK47 (just), Schurrle, Vietto and Sessegnon

Sgt Fulham

If this team had played to its potential from the start then we could be miles ahead at the top. Think, Barnsley, Reading, Luton, Stoke, Charlton and many other games that were there for us to win. Really have no idea why we are not at a better level with the players we have got. At least it's interesting, if lacking quality.

SuffolkWhite

IF we go up then the lesson has to be stick with the team that got you up and don't play new players straight away, consistency is key. Also give players a chance to shine! Norwood for example.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

gezkc

Mind you, a lot of people are saying this season's Premier League is the weakest it's been for years too, so perhaps we might not struggle quite so badly if we do make it up.

General

Quote from: gezkc on February 02, 2020, 11:47:46 AM
Mind you, a lot of people are saying this season's Premier League is the weakest it's been for years too, so perhaps we might not struggle quite so badly if we do make it up.

Don't forget when we did go up we had a summer blocked out by the world  cup too.

fulhamben

Quote from: General on February 02, 2020, 11:52:20 AM
Quote from: gezkc on February 02, 2020, 11:47:46 AM

euros this year

Don't forget when we did go up we had a summer blocked out by the world  cup too.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on February 01, 2020, 09:34:25 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on February 01, 2020, 09:28:56 PM

Probably not but I'd still have been starting him ahead of AK47 (just), Schurrle, Vietto and Sessegnon

I think we are in a great position if we go up,  because we need three teams to finish below us and I think we can finish ahead of the other two that go up this season, especially if we get automatic promotion with a summer rest and force one of the other promoted teams to go through the playoffs. One promoted team nearly always finds a way to finish ahead of one of the existing premier league teams.

As for recruitment, Tony Khan will have better options because he has a squad that can come 18th now. In the summer of 2018, before we signed Mitrovoic we recruited whatever we could get to convince Mitro to come (eg MLM, Seri and Shullre) and afternoon we signed Mitrovoic the players were decent but a little late to start well.

In addition due to FFP, we couldn't buy players before the 30th June 2018, but now we can as we virtually have unlimited budget this season until the moment we devalue Seri to his probable value which we could do late July 2020.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: fcfulham55 on February 01, 2020, 09:04:28 PM

Doesn't seen to be any decent teams or team you know will run away with the league.

You'd have to say whoever goes up this year is going to struggle to look competitive next season.

Or...glass half full instead of empty...the league is more competitive this year than it was last season.  Let's not forget that Aston Villa wasn't even smelling the playoffs at this time last year then they went on a really good run.   Norwich had Pukki, but they were essentially the team that Fulham could beat two years ago.

Sorry...no way you tell me even the current Norwich and Villa teams (in the EPL) would beat our Fulham 2 out of 3 games.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on February 03, 2020, 12:31:18 AM
Quote from: fcfulham55 on February 01, 2020, 09:04:28 PM

Or...glass half full instead of empty...the league is more competitive this year than it was last season.  Let's not forget that Aston Villa wasn't even smelling the playoffs at this time last year then they went on a really good run.   Norwich had Pukki, but they were essentially the team that Fulham could beat two years ago.

Sorry...no way you tell me even the current Norwich and Villa teams (in the EPL) would beat our Fulham 2 out of 3 games.

Normally one premier league team falls apart each season getting relegated, if we are promoted normally the best of the three promoted teams stay up. Going up with Wolves was tough, going up this season would be very good year to go up because we can finish ahead of them next season.

Jim©

Quote from: General on February 01, 2020, 09:31:29 PM
Brentford and forest are the strongest at the moment and Brentford have the likes of jansson and their front line whilst I don't want to rule out leeds of West brom yet - leeds because they actually bought in areas they need and West Bromwich have been poor but won today and have an air of authority around them.

Next game though leeds and West Bromwich have more form teams to play against and forest are playing leeds so if we do win.. Blackburn we can go 2nd. A relief to have mitro back

People keep saying that Brentford  are the best team around at the moment. But it's not borne out by stats. Over the last 8 our Points Per Game = 2.13 (best in division), Brentfords = 1.75. Leeds at 1.00 and W Brom at 0.88 are really struggling.
Forest match ours actually, but looking at other stats, I'm still not sure how. Only two teams in the division have had less shots on target and only 8 teams have faced more shots on target. Those sort of stats rarely lead to teams being up there at the end of the season.

MJG

Quote from: Jim© on February 03, 2020, 09:56:02 AM
Quote from: General on February 01, 2020, 09:31:29 PM

People keep saying that Brentford  are the best team around at the moment. But it's not borne out by stats. Over the last 8 our Points Per Game = 2.13 (best in division), Brentfords = 1.75. Leeds at 1.00 and W Brom at 0.88 are really struggling.
Forest match ours actually, but looking at other stats, I'm still not sure how. Only two teams in the division have had less shots on target and only 8 teams have faced more shots on target. Those sort of stats rarely lead to teams being up there at the end of the season.
But go one game more and its....
Just the views of a long term fan

MJG

Just the views of a long term fan

WindyCity

Quote from: fulhamben on February 01, 2020, 09:11:14 PM
Yep I have that fear on the back of my mind too, with our squad (and yes I know we would sign more) and the way we play, I can see us breaking Derby's record for the lowest points tally should we go up, and I can imagine everyone else doing it too who ever goes up. It has been quite poor for quality this season in the championship

Good point, and why I think FFC 'needs' promotion this year, while such chances are available.  True, we could just get bounced again from the Prem, but at least we would have the chance to play and stay up in the Prem with hopefully some team upgrades and improvements during offseason.  My fear would be if we don't go up this season, we may be stuck in the lower level(s) for a longer period of time.