watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff - 11/02/20...

Started by WhiteJC, February 10, 2020, 11:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Rowett says Millwall need to be at their 'max' against Fulham – as Lions aim for revenge

GARY Rowett acknowledged Millwall will need big improvement when they take on London rivals Fulham at The Den on Wednesday.

The Lions haven't won in three games after Sunday's 2-0 defeat at home to league leaders West Brom.

The Lions lost 4-0 to Fulham when Neil Harris was in charge in August, with the Cottagers making a record number of passes since those statistics started to be measured in the Championship.

Scott Parker's Fulham are aiming to move into the automatic promotion places this week, while Millwall are trying to stay in touch with the top six.

"We knew we were in for a big month, simple as that," Rowett said. "We were playing Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, West Brom, Fulham and then Preston away.

"This is what the Championship is about, if you want to be in the top part of the league you've got to go and compete and play well against those sides.

"But we've got to be at our max, we can't be anything other than our maximum or else we won't get results.

"Wednesday will be the same, we have to go out and perform much better [than against West Brom]. We have to use the ball better. We gave the ball away far too many times [Sunday] and then had to turn around and run back 50 yards to defend.

"Fulham are a good side, Scott Parker's done a fabulous job. They've got lots of good technical players and we're going to have to perform better.

"I'm sure we will."

Image: Millwall FC

https://www.newsatden.co.uk/75002-rowett-says-millwall-need-to-be-at-their-max-against-fulham-as-lions-aim-for-revenge

WhiteJC

Millwall duo to face Norwich today – but both have a chance of playing part in Fulham match too

Mason Bennett and Ryan Leonard are both set to feature for Millwall's U23s today – with boss Gary Rowett not ruling the pair out of Wednesday night's match against Fulham.

The duo did not make the Lions' matchday 18 for yesterday's 2-0 loss to West Bromwich Albion.

But striker Bennett, signed on loan from Derby County, and midfielder Leonard, who has been missing long term with a knee injury, are due to get minutes against Norwich City.

Rowett said: "The plan is for them to play 45 minutes. I just felt they haven't quite had enough training exposure for them not to be a risk in the game [against West Brom] and I didn't want to do that.

"We could've put both into the squad, so that we had maybe a stronger chance of a result, but both would have been at risk. Even though it looks a little bit like holding people back I have got to make sensible decisions.

"If I feel like they are up to speed after today then they will certainly be available for Wednesday and Saturday.

"They were both available for the last game but training is training – games are different. We'll see how they do today.

"We have got a lot of games left and it's important both are available for all of those when they come back and not just one match and then they are out for a while."

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/millwall-duo-to-face-norwich-today-but-both-have-a-chance-of-playing-part-in-fulham-match-too/

WhiteJC

Brentford Tickets

Tickets for Fulham's West London derby against Brentford go on sale to 19/20 Members from 10am on Tuesday 11th February.

Fulham take on Brentford under the lights at Craven Cottage on Friday 13th March, kick-off 7:45pm, with 19/20 Members able to secure their seats their seats from Tuesday morning.

Supporters must have purchased a membership before 10am on Monday 10th February to be eligible to purchase tickets in the Members' sale. Memberships purchased after this time will not have access to Brentford tickets.

Tickets then go on sale to Season Ticket Holders from 10am on Wednesday 12th February with any remaining seats going on sale to supporters with a Booking History on 10am on Friday 14th January.

Supporters are able to purchase a maximum of four tickets per person for this fixture.

Adult tickets are available from £35 with junior tickets from just £15. More information can be found on our match centre page here.

Fans are advised that all tickets for sale are available in home areas of the ground only. The Putney End blocks P1, P2, P3, P4 are designated home seating areas, and away supporters identified in home areas at Craven Cottage will be ejected.

Tickets can be purchased online at fulhamfc.com/tickets, by phone on 0203 871 0810 (opt. 1) or in person from the Fulham Ticket Office.

Booking fees, Terms & Conditions apply. Booking History included match tickets purchased at Craven Cottage from the last five seasons, however excludes any Brentford ticket purchases.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/february/10/brentford-tickets

WhiteJC

Fulham send message to Joaquin Phoenix after Joker star wins Best Actor at Oscars
Joaquin Phoenix, who appears to be a Fulham fan, picked up an Oscar for his role in Joker.

Fulham have congratulated Joaquin Phoenix after the Joker actor won the Best Actor prize at the Oscars. Phoenix was spotted sporting a Whites scarf last month.

The Championship promotion contenders have a string of famous fans including thespian Hugh Grant, rapper Example and Pointless co-host Richard Osman but Phoenix might just top the lot.

Phoenix appeared to show his support for Fulham by wearing a club scarf during a break in filming while on set in New Orleans, Louisiana in January.

The 45-year-old was in Los Angeles last night for the Oscars where he capped off a brilliant awards season by picking up the Best Actor gong for his critically-acclaimed role in Joker.

"Congratulations mate," a quote-tweet from the club read.

It was the first Academy Awards win of Phoenix's, after previously being nominated for his roles in Gladiator, Walk the Line and The Master.

He has also won a BAFTA, Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild Award for his work in Joker.

Phoenix has used his acceptance speeches during the awards season to highlight societal issues.

After accepting the Oscar last night, he said: "We fear the idea of personal change, because we think we need to sacrifice something; to give something up. But human beings at our best are so creative and inventive, and we can create, develop and implement systems of change that are beneficial to all sentient beings and the environment.

"I have been a scoundrel all my life, I've been selfish. I've been cruel at times, hard to work with, and I'm grateful that so many of you in this room have given me a second chance. I think that's when we're at our best: when we support each other. Not when we cancel each other out for our past mistakes, but when we help each other to grow. When we educate each other; when we guide each other to redemption."

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1240230/Fulham-Joaquin-Phoenix-Joker-Oscars-Best-Actor

WhiteJC

Talking Points: Blackburn

Mitro's milestone and moving level on points with Leeds are two of the Talking Points to come out of our victory over Blackburn Rovers.

1. Patience is a virtue

It was clear from Scott Parker's comments in his post-match interviews that we went to Ewood Park with a very particular gameplan: "We spoke about trying to get a bit more control, turning down their attacks, and having a patience about us, and I think the goal epitomised that really." Blackburn have been a force in the Championship under Tony Mowbray of late, so to leave Lancashire with an attritional victory and clean sheet was a fantastic outcome.

2. 20 for the season

Aleksandar Mitrović's winner was his 20th goal of the season, making him the first Championship player to reach that milestone. Ollie Watkins joined him later on in the afternoon, but the Brentford striker has played three more matches that Mitro. For context, it took Ross McCormack until the start of April to get to 20 in his best scoring season at the Club, while in our 2000/01 title winning campaign Louis Saha didn't hit that that figure in the league until March 10th.

3. Away end limbs

Blackburn away is not an easy trip for fans to make, and they were rewarded with a gritty win to make the journey back much more palatable. A section of the travelling contingent struggled to contain themselves when Mitro bagged the only goal of the game, with a fabulous photograph of them sprawled across the away end doing the rounds on social media afterwards.

4. Finally level

After gradually clawing our way towards the top-two, results at the weekend saw us move level on points with second place Leeds. And with reverse fixtures still to play against the 10 sides around us in the table, it promises to be a fascinating promotion battle.

5. Breaching the fortress

Ewood Park has been a very difficult place for teams to visit this season, with Rovers unbeaten on their own patch since September. Add to that the fact they had taken eight points from their previous four outings, and Saturday's victory is even more impressive.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/february/10/talking-points-blackburn-rovers

WhiteJC

Preston North End sell out ticket allocation for trip to Fulham
Preston North End supporters have snapped up their full allocation of tickets for the clash with Fulham at Craven Cottage.

The sold-out signs on the 1,964 allocation went up on Monday morning, just a week after going on sale.

London away games and Fulham in particular, always attract a big following from North End.

Most of the tickets had been sold before the weekend, with the last few restricted view seats going on Monday morning.

North End's biggest away following of the season came at Blackburn in January, with 6,276 making the trip to Ewood Park.

Saturday's win at Wigan was watched by 3,294 PNE fans, while 2,435 went to Derby in November.

The following at Fulham is set to be the fourth largest Preston away support so far.

North End play away at Stoke and West Bromwich Albion before then but with both being midweek games, are unlikely to attract the following they will take to Fulham.

Earlier in the season, the visit to Nottingham Forest attracted a following of 1,610, while 1,518 made the trip to Birmingham in September.

All three London games to date have attracted an away support of more than 1,000 - Millwall (1,207), Charlton (1,128) and Queens Park Rangers (1,305).

https://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/preston-north-end-sell-out-ticket-allocation-trip-fulham-1396546

WhiteJC

West Brom, Leeds, Fulham... which teams will be promoted to the Premier League?

BIG DEBATE: Leeds have seen their 11-point gap to third place disappear with west London duo Fulham and Brentford, plus Nottingham Forest, hot on the heels of the Whites and table-topping West Brom

With 15 games remaining - the Championship promotion race is hotting up.

Leeds have seen their 11-point buffer to third place in mid-December disappear and now occupy second spot on goal difference from in-form Fulham.

West Brom sit top with a four-point cushion, while Nottingham Forest and Brentford are fourth and fifth just one and two points off the automatic promotion spots respectively.

While the Baggies and Cottagers have plied their trade in the top flight relatively recently, Leeds have been absent since 2004 and Brentford are yet to taste Premier League football.

So - who will seal their place among the country's elite for next season? We asked our esteemed reporters...

Mike Walters - West Brom and Leeds
Marcelo Bielsa's side remain the best team I have seen in the Championship this season, and although they have blown an 11-point cushion since the New Year, after tomorrow night's trip to Brentford - where I expect them to lose, as they always do in London - eight of their remaining 14 games will be at Elland Road.

West Brom, the best yo-yo club in Britain, are experts at following the laws of football gravity: What goes down from the Premier League must come up again.

Slaven Bilic will take the Baggies back up, leaving an almighty scramble for the play-off places.

Brentford's 'BMW' front three will threaten the automatic promotion places, and Fulham will remain an obvious threat if Aleksander Mitrovic stays fit.

That leaves Nottingham Forest, who are beginning to believe they can go up one way or another, and if you are looking for a late charge into the play-off places, how about Wayne Rooney's Derby County (to give them their full name)?

Going up: West Brom, Leeds

Play-offs: Brentford, Fulham, Forest, Derby

James Nursey - West Brom and Nottingham Forest
Slaven Bilic's West Brom look a safe bet for the title in my view.

I've seen the Baggies several times this season and i like their wealth of attacking options.

In Romaine Sawyers in midfield, they have one of the best players in the division running games in the middle of the park.

There also have a good blend of youth and experience to get over the line in the race for the top-flight and Bilic has proven very adept at making shrewd late subs to change games when necessary.

The runner-up spot looks like being a closer affair but i can see Leeds falling short again to end up in the play-offs after their recent bad form.

That opens the door for the likes of Nottingham Forest where I went last week to see boss Sabri Lamouchi.

I was hugely impressed by the former French international's intensity, passion and drive to get the club back into the Premier League for the first time since 1999.

Forest are in decent form after just one loss in nine League games and I like the look of their run-in.

They also have a talented core of young homegrown players like Joe Worrall, Matty Cash and Ryan Yates who are determined to get the club up.

Neil Moxley - West Brom and Fulham
West Brom and Fulham would be my choices - but that would change if Aleksandar Mitrovic were to pick up an injury.

The Baggies have added to their squad in the January window and their blip over the New Year period has given them a wake-up call - judging by the performance against Millwall yesterday at least.

They have a squad that looks able to cope with what the run-in will throw at them and with the likes of Gareth Barry and Chris Brunt on the sidelines to keep their eyes fixed on the prize and plenty out on the pitch, they have the ingredients for success.

Leeds blew up last season - Marcelo Bielsa demands the Whites play at 100 miles per hour - and although they played a full part in the fixture at the City Ground on Saturday, it was obvious to this occasional observer they are finding goals hard to come by.

Fulham look the next best bet to me. And that's because of Mitrovic. I expect Brentford to push them hard and wouldn't write off Nottingham Forest, either.

Interestingly, once Forest have their trip to the Hawthorns out of the way, they don't face another side in the top six until mid-April when they take on Fulham.

If I was parting with money, I'd take West Brom - my cash would stay in my pocket if asked to choose another. If forced to, I'd go with Fulham.

Neil McLeman - West Brom and Nottingham Forest
The only certain thing about the Championship promotion race is that if Leeds are in the playoffs, they will not go up.

Starting with the first playoff final in 1987, the Elland Road club have failed to get up five times in post-season matches and the familiar collapse this year is threatening another near miss.

I take West Brom to win the Championship with Forest taking second place. Keep on eye on Neil Harris' Cardiff to make a late charge into the playoff places.

John Cross - West Brom and Fulham
West Brom and Fulham.

Then I think Brentford via the play-offs.

West Brom have got goals, Premier League experience and quality plus an outstanding manager in Slaven Bilic.

Fulham have got a strong squad (many would argue the strongest) and arguably the division's best striker in Aleksandar Mitrovic.

But I've got a big feeling for Brentford. Sometimes the stars align in football and, with a new stadium, I just think it might be fate that takes them up via the play-offs together with an excellent strike force and astute manager.

As for Leeds... they have been terrific at times, personally I'd love to see them go up as they are a genuine asset for the Premier League and a club of their size and stature should be there.

But it's not just this season and the sudden drop off which worries me but also memories of last season which may weigh heavy on their minds.

Now I've tipped them to miss out... they're bound to go straight up.

Alex Richards - West Brom and Brentford
West Brom have been the most consistent side in the Championship this term, and their 2-0 win at Millwall on Sunday was proof that Slaven Bilic's men have the substance to match their style.

Romaine Sawyers and Matheus Pereira have both been outstanding this season, and Albion aren't the league's top scorers by accident - despite not having anyone in the division's top 20 goalscorers.

They had a little stutter in January, but look well set to secure a Premier League return as champions.

Leeds need Jean-Kevin Augustin to hit the ground running because for all their creativity, they are sorely lacking where it matters most.

Much is made of Patrick Bamford missing chances, but other key men are well down this term with their own goalscoring. As it stands though, despite them currently sitting second, it's hard to back them.

Fulham have Aleksander Mitrovic scoring for fun, and while you worry about their defence, it's not nearly as bad as is made out.

But if not Fulham, then maybe, just maybe, their west London neighbours Brentford can celebrate the opening of their new stadium in the top tier next term.

They boast the league's second best attack, and its best defence, and have got better and better as the season has progressed - despite a dire start.

They're the only team in the top 10 to lost 10 games or more, but no-one has won more either; they really are an all-or-nothing side. But come the end of the season, that approach may just pay off for Thomas Frank.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/west-brom-leeds-fulham-teams-21467683

WhiteJC

Agent demand said to be behind Fulham player's transfer breaking down

In mid January, we covered claims from Sweden of Djurgården interest in Luca de la Torre.

The 21 year old midfielder's contract at Fulham expires in June, and therefore he's able to enter into talks with other clubs.

Speaking about the potential move publicly on January 15th, Djurgården sporting director Bosse Andersson was quoted as saying: "It is true that we have contact with Luca de la Torre. We've been talking to him for a while. But without us yet agreeing.

"This isn't a player just known to us today. This player is well known to us since a good time back. He's interesting. He's a good player with great qualities, but as I said we have no agreement."

Fotboll Direkt, who brought the claims, even stated sources had told them a deal could be announced in a matter of days.

Lance Davids, the player's agent, then suggested De La Torre could leave Fulham for another Championship club, if Djurgården didn't hurry: "It is true that we met Djurgården on Sunday, we had a good conversation. But we have interest from several places, including from another Championship club. We need to get a message from Djurgården soon, within the next 48 hours."

That deadline came and went, with it later being reported talks were still ongoing and a deal could be reached, with the player potentially leaving before the Swedish window closed.

Now, Fotboll Direkt have it differently, and say the demand from Davids killed the deal. Djurgården 'felt compelled' to end talks, clearly unhappy with the public pressure they were put under.

Things may be different if the Fulham player hasn't found a new club by the summer, but for now it's dead.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/agent-demand-said-behind-fulham-players-transfer-breaking/

WhiteJC

75% aerial duels won: The Fulham attacker who further proved his importance against Blackburn

Fulham sealed their fourth victory in their last five Championship matches over the weekend as they edged to a 1-0 success over Blackburn at Ewood Park.

Scott Parker's side are now level on 55 points with second-placed Leeds following Aleksandar Mitrovic's 65th-minute winner agains Rovers, with the Cottagers having given their automatic promotion hopes a serious boost this month.

The West London side were also helped by the fact Leeds suffered a 2-0 defeat to Forest on Saturday, with this loss meaning Mitrovic's goal was even more significant against Rovers as Fulham made serious progress towards closing in on their rivals.

Mitrovic's strike represented his 20th effort during a prolific season for the Craven Cottage outfit, with the Serbian frontman joint-top goalscorer in the second tier along with Brentford striker Ollie Watkins.

Here, we take a look at Mitrovic's stats from the game...

Fulham have been fortunate that Mitrovic's ankle injury was not as bad as first feared, with the frontman only missing two league matches with the problem, and he has now played the full 90 minutes in the two matches since his return.

The Cottagers have depended on Mitrovic's prolific goalscoring record so much this campaign, and this was no different at Ewood Park as he struck his second goal in the two matches since returning from his brief injury lay-off.

It should also be noted that the striker was not permitted too many sights of goal against Rovers as he only registered two attempts, but he proved his clinical edge by finding the net with his only shot on target against Tony Mowbray's side.

Mitrovic's overall gameplay is also important to Fulham in addition to his goals, and this is indicated in the fact he registered a strong 79% passing accuracy against Rovers as well as his two interceptions.

His strong presence in attack also saw him win 75% of his aerial duels against Blackburn, with the 25-year-old further showing the variety of problems he can cause for Championship defenders.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/75-aerial-duels-won-the-fulham-attacker-who-further-proved-his-importance-against-blackburn/

WhiteJC

2 things Fulham could look to improve on after Blackburn Rovers win

Fulham beat Blackburn Rovers 1-0 at Ewood Park on Saturday to move level on points with second place Leeds United.

Striker Aleksander Mitrovic scored the divisive goal just after the hour mark and in doing so became the first player to score 20 goals in the Championship this season.

It was a trademark strike from the Serbian, who held off a defender, turned and fired it past Christian Walton and into the back of the net.

The victory is Fulham's fourth in their last five games and helped them close the gap on the top two.

Scott Parker's men travel to Millwall on Wednesday night but before the focus shifts to that game, here are two things that they could look to improve on after Saturday's result...

Capitalising on their dominance
Fulham were the side very much in the ascendancy at Ewood Park on the weekend but they may be disappointed to have tested Walton more and indeed put more past the Blackburn keeper.

Mitrovic's goal with less than half an hour to play ensured the end of the game was not too nerve-wracking for fans of the West London club but it should not have taken that long and the victory should've been by a more convincing scoreline.

The visitors finished with 53% possession and 11 shots (four on target) to Blackburn's four (one on target).

Parker's side got the all-important three points on Saturday but they need to start capitalising on their dominance in games or they'll eventually get punished.

Improving in the middle of the park
There were impressive performances across the field, with Mitrovic, Michael Hector and Joe Bryan the particular standouts.

However, both Kevin MacDonald and Josh Onomah were very underwhelming and far from convincing against Rovers.

If Fulham are to achieve automatic promotion this season you feel those players will need to improve their performances or Parker will have to look elsewhere.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/2-things-fulham-could-look-to-improve-on-after-blackburn-rovers-win/

WhiteJC

Millwall vs Fulham preview, predictions & possible XIs

Fulham will look to pile further pressure on Leeds United when they travel to Millwall on Wednesday.

The Cottagers are now unbeaten in five Championship matches and have an automatic promotion place firmly within their grasp — thanks in part to a dip in form for Marcelo Bielsa's men.

Millwall, meanwhile, are looking to get their bid for a play-off place back on track after a run of just one win in five games which leaves them five points behind sixth-placed Preston North End.

Can Fulham take another step toward a Premier League return or will Millwall close the gap on the play-off places? Read on for our preview, predictions, team news and TV coverage information.
When is Millwall vs Fulham and where can I watch live?

Competition: Championship

Venue: The Den

Date: Wednesday, 12 February 2020

Kick-off: 7:45 PM (UK time)

TV coverage (UK): Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Football
Last five meetings: Millwall vs Fulham

21 August 2019: Fulham 4-0 Millwall (Championship)

25 September 2018: Millwall 1-3 Fulham (League Cup)

20 April 2018: Millwall 0-3 Fulham (Championship)

25 November 2017: Fulham 1-0 Millwall (Championship)

21 February 2015: Millwall 0-0 Fulham (Championship)

Aggregate Score: Millwall (LLLLD) 1-11 Fulham (WWWWD)
Ones to watch

Millwall: Jed Wallace

Millwall have been a real surprise package this season and remain in the hunt for a play-off spot, despite some poor recent form.

If Gary Rowett's men are to stay in the reckoning, they'll need Jed Wallace to keep up his fine goalscoring and creative exploits from midfield — the 25-year-old has 10 goals and nine assists in the Championship so far this season.

Key stat: Jed Wallace (19) has been directly involved in more Championship goals than any other Millwall player this season.

Fulham: Aleksandar Mitrovic

Fulham are racing ever closer to an automatic promotion spot and have done a brilliant job in chasing down Leeds United.

None of that would have been possible without the Aleksandar Mitrovic's goals, with the Serbian sitting joint-top of the Championship scoring charts with 20.

Key stat: Aleksandar Mitrovic has scored the winning goal in each of his last two Fulham appearances.
Team news

Millwall

Ryan Leonard (knee), Ben Thompson (knee) and Frank Fielding (quad) all remain sidelined but other than that, Gary Rowett has no fresh injury concerns.

Predicted XI: Bialkowsk; Romeo, Hutchinson, Cooper, M. Wallace; J. Wallace, Woods, Molumby, Mahoney; Smith, Bradshaw.

Fulham

Defender Maxime Le Marchand remains sidelined with a back injury while midfielder Harrison Reed isn't quite ready for a return to action.

Scott Parker could, however, bring Stefan Johansen back into his midfield.

Predicted XI: Rodak; Odoi, Hector, Ream, Bryan; Johansen, Onomah; Cavaleiro, Cairney, Cordova-Reid; Mitrovic.
Squawka prediction

It won't be easy for Fulham at The Den but the Cottagers have been in fine form and have an extremely favourable recent record against Millwall.

Mitrovic has proved a nightmare for defenders across the Championship and Premier League in the last couple of years and could once again cause havoc in this one.
Scoreline prediction: Millwall 0-2 Fulham

https://www.squawka.com/en/predictions/millwall-fulham-predictions-preview-championship

WhiteJC

Fulham: Fans wax lyrical over Aleksandar Mitrovic after weekend winner

Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic scored his 20th Championship goal of the season at the weekend. The Serbian's goal proved to be the winner as the Cottagers registered their fourth win in five at Blackburn Rovers to move level on points with Leeds United in second.

It was a largely 'drab' affair between the Londoners and Tony Mowbray's side, who missed the opportunity to close the gap between themselves and the play-off positions. But the game sparked into life, at least temporarily, when Mitrovic turned and finished excellently after Joe Bryan's cross.

The 25-year-old striker has shown himself to be one of, if not the best forward in the division this season and remains invaluable to Scott Parker's side, with only Brentford's Ollie Watkins keeping him company in the Championship's scoring charts. His telling contribution at the weekend prompted the club's supporters to take to social media and praise the former Newcastle United player.

This Fulham fan is so desperate for the club to hold on to their star striker, he felt it necessary to play down the praise the player is currently receiving on social media in the hope it would deter any interest.

What do we think?

Having closed the gap on Leeds United, Fulham will be hoping to leapfrog their promotion rivals later on this week when they travel to Millwall after Marcelo Bielsa's side take on Brentford. You certainly wouldn't bet against their £22.5m-rated striker (as per Transfermarkt) continuing his rich vein of form right now.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2020/02/twitter/fulham-fans-wax-lyrical-over-22-5m-rated-striker/

WhiteJC

Cause of Fulham man's failed departure revealed

Luca de la Torre failed to seal a move away from Fulham in January due to his agent's demands, according to Fotboll Direkt.

The 21-year-old had been linked with top Swedish side Djurgården throughout the window but failed to complete a move before the deadline.

It has been reported that the player could not complete the move due to the demands of his agent, Lance Davids. The move is now dead but things could change if the youngster still hasn't found a new club to join when his contract expires in the summer.

He has made just 14 appearances for the Cottagers senior side and this season he has made just two in the Championship, which suggests Scott Parker does not see him as a first-team player.

The midfielder looks set to move elsewhere at the end of the campaign, as he is out of contract in June.

The Verdict

It's been a tough time for the youngster at Fulham, and he has never quite broken through or become a member of the first-team squad under Parker.

A move is going to happen, but it's a shame that an agent has had a part to play in stopping him from going to get some regular football.

He has obviously got potential, and he hasn't actually performed too badly in the Cottagers side but he needs regular football and he's not going to get that at Craven Cottage.

It should be an interesting few months to see where he ends up and whether he returns for talks and joins Djurgarden in the summer.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/cause-of-fulham-mans-failed-departure-revealed/

WhiteJC

Cottage Talk Post Match Show: Blackburn vs. Fulham

Take a listen to a podcast that focuses on Fulham Football Club.

In this episode, we discussed all of the key points in Fulham's 1-0 victory against Blackburn. Later on, we previewed the upcoming match against Millwall.

You can also listen to the show by following this link...
https://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2020/2/10/21131831/cottage-talk-post-match-show-blackburn-vs-fulham

WhiteJC

Watford have missed a trick by not signing this Fulham star and here's why

Why Watford should have signed Fulham's Joe Bryan in January
In January, Daily Mail had claimed that Watford had made an enquiry to Fulham for left-back Joe Bryan. However, no deal materialised and the defender has since stayed put at Fulham.

Joe Bryan, 26, who joined Fulham from Bristol City in the summer of 2018, has been a regular fixture for Scott Parker's side this season, managing 31 appearances so far. He has bagged a goal and six assists across all competitions.

The Englishman's performances haven't gone unnoticed, with the report adding that Southampton and Atalanta were also interested in him last month.

Meanwhile, Watford are reeling in the relegation zone, having won just once in their last five Premier League games. They have leaked goals at an alarming rate this season, with none of the defenders performing consistently.

Nigel Pearson also has problems in the left-back area, as Jose Holebas, 35, isn't getting any younger. He has been in and out of the team due to injury problems, while Adam Masina is yet to convince.

For a relegation-threatened side that has conceded 40 goals in 26 games and has suffered from injury problems to key players this season, the Hornets should have brought in defensive reinforcements in January. And they should've also signed Joe Bryan.

As per WhoScored, Bryan has averaged 2.9 tackles, 1.1 interceptions, 1.9 clearances and 0.2 blocks. Going forward, he has scored a goal and supplied six assists in 30 Championship games. As far as Masina is concerned, he has averaged 1.6 tackles, 1.1 interceptions, 2.6 clearances and 0.6 blocks in 14 Premier League appearances. Going forward, he has scored just a goal. [Courtesy: WhoScored]

Though Masina has better numbers in certain areas, it has to be noted that he has played lesser than Bryan. Although not an instant upgrade on Masina (in terms of statistics), Bryan would have been a good option to add strength to the left-back position.

Verdict

Bryan has played very well for Fulham this season, although majorly in an advanced role. He could have added quality to the left-back position. Thus, the Hornets have missed a trick by not signing the Fulham star in January.

https://www.mediareferee.com/2020/02/11/watford-have-missed-a-trick-by-not-signing-this-fulham-star-and-heres-why/

WhiteJC

Fulham's future stars

Fulham's academy is renowned for the development of outstanding young players and have been churning out accomplished footballers for many years now under the watchful eye of director Huw Jennings. Fulham fans don't need to be reminded of the exploits of Ryan Sessegnon or Moussa Dembele, whilst both Marek Rodak and Steven Sessegnon have shown signs of being the next homegrown youngsters to slot into the senior side.

There is great excitement about the next generation of young talent currently making their way through the Motspur Park pathway. Both Jay Stansfield and Sylvester Jasper have starred for the under-18 side that is currently top of their Premier League division and the pair were rewarded for their outstanding form with first-team debuts by Scott Parker.

The depth of talent extends deeper still and, in this article, I've highlighted the progress of three outstanding under-16 talents, who have the potential to excel at the highest level for the Whites in the years to come.

Michael Olakigbe
Michael Olakigbe is a versatile winger, at home on either flank, and comfortable with both feet. The youngster plays his football with real flair and has made great progress since joining Fulham from QPR in the summer of 2018. Olakigbe honed his prodigious skills at the East Soccerbase Academy and he is eligible to represent either England or Nigeria at international level. At just 15, the fact that Olakigbe has made two appearances for the under-18s – scoring against Reading last Saturday – and he was named on the bench for the U23s against Stoke City as well.

Olakigbe hopes to emulate the stellar performances of Wilfried Zaha, who he considers his idol, in the Premier League in the future. You can't fault his ambition, but given his undoubted talent you wouldn't bet against him making his mark in the senior team in years to come.

Xavier Benjamin
Xavier Benjamin is a strong, athletic centre back, who is very comfortable with the ball at his feet, making him ideally equipped to be a very modern defender. He has the confidence to dominate opposing forwards and is also vocal on the field of play, marking him out as leadership material in the future. and his vocal ability sets him up to be a leader in the future. Benjamin's ball-playing ability means he is finely attuned to Fulham's footballing philosophy and you can why the club have high hopes for him at this relatively early stage in his development.

Benjamin has already been sponsored by Puma, which is an unusual development at such a young age, but suggests that plenty of people have noted his talent. The centre back has already represented England at under-15 level and has already featured twice for the under-18 side this season. He was another youngster to be included on the bench for the recent PL2 fixture against Stoke at Craven Cottage and has shown character to battle back from an ankle injury, which interrupted his exposure to under-18 football. Benjamin believes he can go on to play Premier League football, although his immediate target will be laying claim to a regular spot in Steve Wigley's side.

Stefan Parkes
Stefan Parkes is a versatile full back, who usually plays on the left side of a back four. The youngster is yet another defender who is confident in possession and is viewed as one of the most promising prospects within the academy.

Parkes arrived from Brentford as an under-12 when the Griffin Park club opted to abolish their academy structure. The pathway for Parkes has already been set by the meteoric rise of the Sessegnon twins and he certainly has the ability to follow in their footsteps. He has already featured for the under-18s, breaking into the side at the tender age of fifteen last season and not looking at all out of place.

The full back has also had to come to terms with an injury that has limited his participation during this campaign, but his talent has not gone unnoticed. Parkes, already a regular in the England youth set-up, captained his country's under-15s against Belgium and his composure and maturity has impressed plenty of observers. He recently played his first full ninety minutes against Tottenham for the under-18s and will have his sights set on continuing his outstanding development to date.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2020/02/fulhams-future-stars/