more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff - 12/02/20...

Started by WhiteJC, February 10, 2020, 05:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Ticket Exchange Open v Barnsley

Tickets for this weekend's match against Barnsley at Craven Cottage are now limited in availability, and as such we are pleased to announce that the Fulham FC Ticket Exchange is now open for this fixture.

Season Ticket Holders who are unable to make the game on Saturday 15th February, kick-off 3pm, are now able to list their seats on the Fulham FC Ticket Exchange where they can be purchased by another Fulham fan – ensuring their seat for the match doesn't remain empty!

The Ticket Exchange provides Season Ticket Holders the ability to make their seat for sale in a safe and secure environment, earning credit for a 2020/21 Season Ticket in the process and ensuring that seat does not go to waste!

Season Ticket Holders wishing to list their seat will need to log in to their online ticketing account to list their seat for sale and, when sold, a fixed amount of credit will be added to your account which can then be used to deduct from the total price of a Season Ticket renewal in 2020/21 season.

Adults will receive £15 credit, with concessions receiving £10 and juniors £3 for every seat sold, regardless of which category the match has been assigned. Fans will only be credited if and when their seat is sold to another supporter.

Supporters will not need to return their season ticket card for fixtures where they have used the Ticket Exchange, as the Club will provide the new buyer with a paper ticket for that fixture.

For more details on how the Ticket Exchange works please click here or view our FAQ's here.

How to sell a ticket on the Fulham FC Ticket Exchange

Login to your Season Ticket account online here
    Click on 'Manage Tickets'
    Select which match you want to sell your ticket for
    Under 'Ticket Actions' click on 'Sell on Ticket Exchange'
    Click 'Review Order'
    Agree to the terms and conditions and click 'Complete Purchase'

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/february/12/ticket-exchange-open-vs-barnsley

WhiteJC

Millwall v Fulham: Predicted line-ups, team news, stats & more

Football League World travel to the New Den this evening as Millwall play host to Scott Parker%u2019s  promotion-chasing Fulham side in the Sky Bet Championship.

The two side%u2019s head into tonight%u2019s fixture on runs of form that greatly differ from each other, with the Lions having only won one of their last four league games, whilst the Cottagers have failed to lose any of their last four Championship outings, winning three and drawing one in the process.

Something of a London Derby between two sides from opposite sides of the River Thames, tonight%u2019s fixture promises to be a well fought match between two clubs who both have ambitions of making the play-offs come the end of the season.

It is Fulham who currently sit a lot higher out of the two, with Parker%u2019s side having been one of the best teams in the division, thus amassing 55 points to date as they seek to close the gap on the likes of West Brom and Leeds United at the top of the league.

Whilst Millwall in comparison have recovered from a rocky start under former boss Neil Harris to currently find themselves in 11th place under the new man at the helm, Gary Rowett, thus seeing them just five points off the play-off spots ahead of tonight%u2019s tie.

Both sides have a few injuries within their ranks ahead of tonight%u2019s contest, with the likes of Frank Fielding and Tom Elliott set to miss out for the Lions, whilst the defensive pairing of Alfie Mawson and Maxime Le Marchand are expected to be absent for the Cottagers.

Stefan Johansen is likely to get the nod in midfield over Kevin McDonald after coming off the bench against Blackburn Rovers last weekend, whilst from a Millwall perspective, Rowett is expected to switch back to a 4-4-2 formation that will be headed up by Matt Smith and Tom Bradshaw as the front two.

In terms of the head to head record between the two sides, Fulham have tasted victory the most with 20 wins in comparison to Millwall%u2019s 14, whilst the two sides have drawn on a total of 12 occasions over the years.

The bookmakers (Sky Bet) have Millwall to win at 2/1, whilst Fulham are priced up at 7/5 to take all three points at the New Den this evening.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/millwall-v-fulham-predicted-line-ups-team-news-stats-more/

WhiteJC

Behind Enemy Lines: Fulham

MILLWALL take on Fulham at The Den tonight looking for a first win in four league games. 

The Lions are down to 11th in the Championship table after Tuesday night's games, five points off the top six.

Millwall are on a revenge mission against Scott Parker's side after their 4-0 thumping at Cottage Cottage last August.

Alex Grace spoke to Fulham fan Alan Drewett ahead of the crunch London derby.

Twitter: @alandrewettjnr

Why do you support Fulham?

My parents are both lifelong supporters so it was only right that I would follow suit.

What's been your favourite season following the Cottagers?

There have been a few which have been memorable but the one that sticks out for me is the 2009-10 season when we reached the Europa League Final.

We beat some giants that year in Juventus, Shakhtar Donetsk and Wolfsburg. The whole season from start to finish was enjoyable and certainly memorable.

And the worst?

In 24 years of going, I have been quite fortunate that there haven't been too many bad seasons, but last season was a disaster from start to finish.

The club was quite naive in the approach to the Premier League and thought that by throwing money at it, we would get instant results.

Unfortunately, too many errors happened off the pitch as well as on it and I just hope we can learn from it if and when we return to the Premier League.

After a patchy run of form, are things now really coming together for Fulham ?

Absolutely, and that is mainly down to the recruitment of Michael Hector and the safe hands of Martin Rodak.

We signed well in the summer but we did not strengthen where we needed to the most and that was in defence. We look more stable in defence now and the fact we have kept four clean sheets in the last five league games has given the whole team confidence.

I feel like things are starting to fall into place and it promises to be an exciting end to the season.

Were you happy with the business Fulham managed to do in January?

The January transfer window has certainly been a success in my opinion.

We signed Hector from Chelsea and Terence Kongolo from Huddersfield to bolster our defence as well as turning loan deals into permanent deals for Ivan Cavaleiro and Bobby Decordova-Reid, which is important for us moving forward.

We also signed a former Millwall goalkeeper in Jordan Archer as backup to Rodak and Marcus Bettinelli.

How do you see Archer getting on at Fulham?

I am going to be honest, I don't see Jordan getting much game time unless Martin Rodak and Marcus Bettinelli get injured. He's an experienced goalkeeper in the Football League and hopefully his experience can help our current goalkeepers as well as the young goalkeepers coming through.

The league has really tightened up now with Leeds and West Brom's faltering form – how do you see it?

I think any one of five could still go up automatically and it just depends on who can find that consistency between now and the end of the season.

Any team from West Brom to Derby in 13th can still go up.

Leeds have faltered more times than most in recent years and it will be interesting to see whether they can find a second wind and finish in the automatic places.

West Brom find themselves looking over their shoulders and are finding it difficult, but I do feel they will have enough to finish in the top two.

Can Fulham pip Leeds to second spot?

I certainly think we can and I would not rule out us catching West Brom either.

We still have them both to play away from home and if we can take points off both teams, I would fancy us to finish in the automatic places.

I just think we have the ability to bounce back quicker than the top two if we have a bad result. It would also be great to see Leeds fail to get promotion after another season of throwing it away.

How have you rated Millwall's season to date?

I think Millwall are the team to watch between now and the end of the season.

The start of the season seemed a bit hit and miss under Neil Harris and when we played them at the Cottage in August, it was too easy for us at times.

Millwall have one of the best home records in the league and they are giving themselves a chance to reach the play-offs by being consistent at The Den. I think they will if they can starting winning games away from home.

What are your thoughts on Gary Rowett?

Gary Rowett is a very good Championship manager and is probably unlucky to not have managed in the Premier League in recent years.

He was doing well with Birmingham before they bizarrely sacked him, he went close to promotion with Derby and was not given much time with Stoke on their return to the Championship.

It seems from the outside that Millwall and Rowett are a good fit and it will be interesting to see just how far he can take them.

If you could sign two Millwall players, who would they be and why?

The two players I would sign are Jed Wallace and Abdul Abdulmalik.

Every time I have watched Wallace play he just stands out and looks special at times.

I have a good friend that supports Millwall and told me about Abdulmalik and promises me he will go far.

We are known for bringing the best out of youngsters, such as Ryan Sessegnon and Moussa Dembele, so he would definitely be a signing for the longer term.

Will you be at the game?

I will be at the game on Wednesday.

What is your predicted Fulham starting XI and formation?

4-1-2-3: Rodak; Odoi, Hector, Ream, Bryan; McDonald; Cairney, Onomah; Cavaleiro, Mitrovic, Decordova-Reid.

Finally, a score prediction?

I think it will be a close game but I am hoping, just like many times this season, Aleksandar Mitrovic will prove to be the difference.

A hard-fought 1-0 victory for us.

https://www.newsatden.co.uk/75018-behind-enemy-lines-fulham-4

WhiteJC

Millwall vs Fulham Preview

The two London sides will be eager to taste victory this evening as both aim to continue their charge up the table in a bid for promotion.

The chance is there for Fulham tonight to leap into the automatic promotion spots tonight if they can overcome London rivals Millwall at The Den.

With Brentford and Leeds playing out a one-all draw yesterday at Griffin Park, victory for the West Londoners would see them climb above Leeds into second and move two points above Marcelo Bielsa's men.

Fulham have won three in their last five league games including a battling 1-0 win away to Blackburn last time out. The visitors for tonight have the fourth best meanest backline in the league, conceding 32 times in 31 matches.

Millwall on the other hand know that if they were to secure all three points they would be within touching distance of the playoffs.

Gary Rowett was appointed manager after Neil Harris' departure at The Lions and the former Stoke City, Birmingham and Derby County has overseen their rise up the table.

Milwall have not won in their last three Championship fixtures however since Rowett's appointment they have been one of the league's form sides. In his first 16 games in charge across all competitions, the club only lost twice and won eight times.

So tonight's encounter will be of the upmost importance for two sides battling to continue their upward trajectory in the league.

Team News

Both teams have a number of absentees for tonight's fixture.

Millwall

Mason Bennett, who recently joined on loan from Championship rivals Derby County, could be given his debut by Rowett tonight. The Englishman is yet to hit the back of the net this season.

Midfielder Ryan Leonard, who has been out since October with a knee problem, might return to the squad tonight.

Duo Ben Thompson and Frank Fielding remain sidelined with a knee and quad injury respectively.

Fulham

Fulham FC's official website have labelled four players as 'doubtful' for tonight's derby.

On loan Southampton midfielder Harrison Reed, who has played 17 times for the Cottagers this season, is one of those who might not be available for selection.

Frenchman Maxime Le Marchand has been sidelined with a long-term injury having picked up a back injury in November last year.

Fulham's injury concerns at the back aren't helped with recent signing Terence Kongolo from Huddersfield one of the four identified as 'doubtful'.

To compound Parker's misery, Alfie Mawson - who has made 27 appearances at the heart of the team's defence - has missed the last four games through a knee injury and looks likely to miss this one too.

https://www.lovesportradio.com/news/love-sport-exclusives/millwall-vs-fulham-preview/

WhiteJC

Fulham goalkeeper Marek Rodak on promotion push, tough loan spells and idolising Petr Cech

Marek Rodak would not change anything about the unusual path he has taken to become Fulham's first-choice goalkeeper.

The 23-year-old has shot to ­prominence this season, returning from a loan spell at Rotherham to play a key role in ­Fulham's promotion push — which can take a big step forward on Wednesday night as a ­victory over Millwall would take them up to second.

Rodak's humble beginnings began back in Slovakia, where he grew up idolising his father and fellow keeper, Marek Sr.

"I was always a goalkeeper — probably because I am too lazy to run," jokes Rodak.

"I saw my dad playing and I wanted to be like him, so maybe that is why. He was one of my heroes when I was ­growing up, as well as Petr Cech.

Marek Rodak has been a key figure in Fulham's promotion charge (Getty Images)

"He won the Premier League, ­Champions League, everything. In his prime, Cech was the best."

Rodak's talent was noticeable from an early age and at the age of 15 he was invited for a trial at Fulham. By the time he turned 16, they swiftly signed him and Rodak was then forced to leave his family and home to continue his ­footballing journey in England.

"The first couple of months were tough because I didn't speak good ­English," said Rodak.

"I took lessons for about a year and I also learned from the boys in the ­dressing room.

"I lived in digs with another player, Cameron Burgess, for about two years and then we moved into a flat.

"The first couple of months were tough away from my family but I am the kind of person who gets on with stuff. I've enjoyed it ever since."

Farnborough, Welling United, Accrington Stanley and Rotherham United were all his home for a while as the player was sent out on loan, ­providing him with vital first-team experience.

Recalling his time at Accrington in 2017, Rodak said with a smile: "For a couple of weeks it was tough for me to understand what they were saying.

"But I was lucky with the manager and players, they got on really well with me and I got on with them. I liked it.

"It is always good to get experience of men's football and players who play for their living. It toughens you up.

"Some of the pitches were not nice, especially around Christmas time and January, but that toughens you up. You are playing real football. You have ­people playing for their livelihood.

"You see the other side of football, which isn't always nice. Football is not always going to be about good times. You have to go through tough times to get what you want."

It was his loan spells at Rotherham which really helped catapult Rodak to where he is now.

During his first ­season-long spell, the club gained ­promotion by winning the League One Play-off Final at Wembley in 2018. Rodak re-signed for them on loan for the following season when they narrowly failed to avoid relegation.

Rodak boosted his reputation during a two-season loan stint at Rotherham (Getty Images)

"The dream now is to keep playing and get promoted this season," Rodak said. "It would be nice to go back to ­Wembley but then it would be nice to go up automatically as well. I want to get the club in the Premier League."

The key for Fulham now is to keep hold of Rodak, who has just under 18 months left on his contract. But after years of moving around, one gets the sense Rodak finally feels at home.

"I am happy here and playing well," he said. "I want to stay here."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-marek-rodak-promotion-loan-spells-petr-cech-a4360341.html

WhiteJC

Scott Parker demands EFL make key change following Fulham troubles

Fulham manager Scott Parker has begged the EFL to introduce a winter break for Championship clubs after the first mid-season break has been put in place for Premier League sides.

Sides in the top flight are currently enjoying a break from action as they recuperate from a long season so far however Parker has now added his thoughts on whether a winter break should be included for the second tier.

Speaking to The Sun, he said: "In the Championship there are eight more league games in the season, so for sure Championship players as well are under a lot of stress. Especially in this period where we are.

"The Christmas period is a fantastic time for English football, it is something we all love, in terms of Boxing Day, New Year's Day games.

"That is something we can't change but maybe something can be done.

A winter break is definitely needed. Look at the injuries that squads are getting after that period.

"We came out of that period and we had only two fit attacking players, the reason being that the demands on these players game after game after game, their bodies can only take so much and they are vulnerable.

"It can only help. It can only provide you with better entertainment and keeps the freshness of it.

"We'll see what happens with the powers that be."

Aleksandar Mitrovic and Anthony Knockaert have both spent spells on the sideline lately because of the amount of games they have played. With Championship clubs playing more games than a Premier League club across a season, Parker has been brave in making the demand to EFL officials.

The Cottagers have already played 31 games this season in the league and are set to play their 32nd tonight when they take on Millwall at The Den. The side have also played three cup games during the campaign.

Compared to Norwich City, who are 20th in the Premier League, Fulham have already played six more games than the side that are likely to be back in the Championship next season.

The Verdict
Parker is right for asking the EFL to consider a Championship winter break.

The amount of games that teams like Fulham play across one season can be grueling and with games getting more frequent across the festive period and towards the season run-in, a winter break would be more likely to reduce fatigue and injuries within a squad as the season goes on.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/scott-parker-demands-efl-make-key-change-following-fulham-troubles/

WhiteJC

Parker has made a real prospect of this previously under-rated Fulham man: Comment

Josh Onomah is enjoying a good stint in the Fulham first-team.

The 22-year-old joined Fulham in the summer as part of the deal that saw Ryan Sessegnon go the other way. Little was thought of the signing at first, but now Onomah has become one of Scott Parker's favourite players.

He's now started the last seven for Fulham, missing the odd game through injury or rotation before that, but he's been a significant member of the starting line-up since the festive period.

His performances earlier in the season were sporadic, often coming off the bench. Parker handed him the odd start but Onomah failed to impress much, and was expected to have a fairly subdued season.

Fulham don a 4-3-3 system most every game and Onomah has been playing on the right of that midfield-three, with Kevin McDonald in the middle and Tom Cairney on the left – these three seem to be the preferred midfield selection.

Three good midfielders, and there's plenty more competition in the squad in these positions – Stefan Johansen and Harry Arter are both unable to get in ahead of Onomah right now, and Harrison Reed is unlikely to do so either when he returns from injury.

So how has Onomah become such an integral part of this Fulham team? That midfield-three of Onomah, McDonald and Cairney have everything that a midfield should – they've forward creativity in Cairney, defensive support in McDonald and physical presence, a more box-to-box midfielder than the other two in Onomah.

He's a workhorse. His technical ability is often scrutinised and whilst it was shoddy in the earlier parts of the season, this too has been eradicated from Onomah's game and he's become a much more rounded midfielder under Parker.

The ex-England midfielder, Charlton, Newcastle, Chelsea, Spurs and West Ham man will have plenty of know-how of his own to pass on to his midfielders, and Onomah isn't the only one to have shown clear signs of progression this season – Johansen has at times this season been their best player, whilst Cairney is arguably having his best season for the club.

Onomah had a lot of flack thrown his way in the first-half of the season, but he's since silenced those critics with some strong midfield performances. Parker has developed him into a fine Championship midfielder and he's still only 22-years-old – he could well be knocking on the door of the England squad one day.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/parker-has-made-a-real-prospect-of-this-previously-under-rated-fulham-man-comment/

WhiteJC

Preview | Millwall v Fulham

Millwall host Fulham at The Den in the Sky Bet Championship on Wednesday night (kick-off 7.45pm).

The game, LIVE on Sky Sports, will see Gary Rowett's men look to get back to winning ways on their own patch after suffering a defeat to table-toppers West Bromwich Albion in the midst of Storm Ciara on Sunday afternoon.

Gary Rowett will assess the fitness of Mason Bennett and Ryan Leonard ahead of the fixture, with the manager also having the option of freshening things up - in personnel and formation - for the visit of The Whites. Tom Bradshaw, Jon Dadi Bodvarsson and Connor Mahoney all stepped off the bench at the weekend and could feature from the start, whilst the likes of Alex Pearce and Shane Ferguson were unused subs.

Tickets for Wednesday's game will be available up until kick-off, but if you are unable to make it to The Den then full match commentary will be available on iFollow Millwall, with coverage beginning at around 7.40pm. Due to the game being shown on Sky Sports, video coverage from SE16 will be unavailable to both UK and international subscribers. Click here for more details.

There will be no Family Fun Zone before the fixture, whilst Shaun Hutchinson features on the front of The Lions' matchday programme, on sale around the ground for just £3.

https://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/2020/february/preview--millwall-v-fulham/

WhiteJC

Scott Parker previews Fulham's midweek clash with Millwall

Scott Parker has been speaking to Fulham's official website ahead of tonight's visit to The Den, where they will be facing London rivals Millwall under the floodlights.

Fulham head into tonight's game against Millwall on a run of five games undefeated, winning their last game against Blackburn Rovers. Their opponents, on the other hand, are without a win in three, losing out to title challengers West Brom at the weekend.

Now, the two sides face-off under the floodlights in what is an important game for both teams. A win for Fulham would see them jump Leeds United and move into the automatic promotion spots, while a win for Millwall would put the Lions into 8th place and only two points behind the top six.

Ahead of the game, Fulham boss Scott Parker spoke to the club's official website. Parker said that his side are ready for a tough game at The Den, praising manager Gary Rowett for the work he has done at the club since taking over. He said:

"It's a totally different game to what we've probably been used to over the last few weeks. It's a London derby, a very difficult place to go, a hostile place. Gary's done a fantastic job there. I watched their game against West Brom and the conditions there, in the sense of what the pitch went through, I'm sure that's going to come into play as well.

"It's going to be a very, very tough game for us. They've won a few games over the last few months, but we'll be ready for it and we'll have prepared as best we can."

Parker went on to provide a brief injury update, confirming that defender Terence Kongolo is struggling with a knock to his foot. He said:

"Terence Kongolo's struggling a little bit. He's got a bit of a foot problem at the moment, that he received literally the first kick when he came on against Blackburn. Other than that, it's the other injuries we've had that are still there."

https://the72.co.uk/157036/scott-parker-previews-fulhams-midweek-clash-with-millwall/

WhiteJC

Fulham Foundation & Beder Team-Up for Mental Health

Last Saturday, Fulham FC Foundation teamed up with mental health charity, Beder, for an 11-a-side fixture to raise awareness of mental health and suicide prevention. A newly established charity, Beder's focus is to challenge the fear and stigma surrounding mental health and suicide, while Fulham FC Foundation works on health programmes that reduce isolation and improve overall wellbeing.

Organising from Beder's side was long-time Fulham supporter, Razzak Mirjan, who said:

"I founded Beder, as a charity, following the loss of my younger brother, Beder Mirjan, after he took his own life unexpectedly at the age of 18, in April 2017. My brother was a Fulham supporter and we enjoyed many memorable moments at Craven Cottage together. The Fulham FC Foundation have been incredibly supportive to Beder, as a charity in our early stages, and this support is personally greatly appreciated. Both the Fulham FC Foundation and Beder want to help people build better lives and use sport as the medium. This is the start of an exciting journey for Beder and I am excited what else could be possible in the future together."

If you would like to support Beder, find out more about Beder's upcoming events or sign-up for Beder FC, please visit www.beder.org.uk.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/february/12/fulham-foundation-and-beder-team-up-for-mental-health

WhiteJC

Steve McClaren claims tremendous £22m ace 'suffered' during his time at Newcastle

Aleksandar Mitrovic left Newcastle United for Fulham in 2018.

Steve McClaren has claimed that Aleksandar Mitrovic 'suffered' during his time at Newcastle as he praised the Fulham hitman for how  he has turned things around at Craven Cottage.

Speaking to Football Centre on Sky Sports News (11/02/2020 at 10:25 am), McClaren, who brought the-now thriving player to Newcastle in 2015, claimed that he was too 'immature' and 'hot-headed' during his time in the North East, but he thinks he is now doing 'tremendously well' at his new club.

"They [Fulham] signed him halfway through the season two seasons ago and he got them promotion," McClaren told Sky Sports. "He scored about 15 goals and got them promoted. And he's doing it again.

"We signed him and he was a young player and we wanted him as the number two. Unfortunately, we got injuries and we had to put him as the number one. He was immature and wasn't ready for that. Hot-headed at the time. He got sent off. Discipline. He got frustrated and got down. And it's a different level.

"It's 52,000, you have to handle the pressure, and he was too young to do that. He went out on loan, I thought he would score goals, which he did. He came back and I thought he would carry on scoring goals. And, unfortunately, it wasn't for him and he moved on.

"Newcastle have done the same with Joelinton at this present moment. Another young player who is finding it difficult to establish himself at Newcastle. And maybe, that number nine at Newcastle is a big, big shirt to fill. Mitrovic, Joelinton, for young players it's difficult. Mitrovic suffered [at Newcastle] and has done tremendously well in the Championship."

It was a struggle for Mitrovic during his time at Newcastle, both under McClaren and later on Rafa Benitez, who was later happy to part ways with him.

During the January transfer window of 2018, Fulham, who were then pushing for promotion to the Premier League, signed the 25-year-old on a loan deal.

He made an instant impact in London, as his goals helped fire Fulham to England's top-flight, and they then signed him up on a permanent basis for £22 million [BBC Sport]. 

His goals weren't enough to keep Fulham in England's top-flight, but that hasn't stopped him from still putting the ball into the back of the net on a consistent basis.

Mitrovic has played 28 Championship games for Scott Parker's side this season, scoring 20 goals and supplying one assist for his teammates [transfermarkt]

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/02/12/steve-mcclaren-claims-the-now-thriving-22m-ace-suffered-during-h/