watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Beware Storm Denis!

Started by Stoneleigh Loyalist, February 12, 2020, 09:14:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoneleigh Loyalist

We have three days until Saturday but it already looks as though we are going to be hit by Storm Denis on Saturday afternoon.
With the exposed riverside I can see three factors which may affect the day,
Firstly expect the gates of Bishops Park to be locked for safety reasons forcing all to have to use Fulham Palace Road.
Buses will already be replacing trains from Wimbledon causing further problems.
Due to the exposed riverside what chances are there that the game could be called off due to unplayable conditions?
If the game is played what are the chances of a freak result due to the gale conditions?

All doom laden I know but I watched the Scotland v England rugby match last Saturday played in absolutely farcical gale conditions  which ruined the game.

Saturday at 3 o'clock will tell us!

Stevieboy

I would have thought, in this safety,compensation, blame culture we have the worry might be debris from the building site being blown into stadium.

filham

There must be some concern with regards to safety with those tall cranes founded on pontoons in that exposed  position on the river and 18,000 of us close by.

MikeTheCubed

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: filham on February 12, 2020, 09:25:11 AM
There must be some concern with regards to safety with those tall cranes founded on pontoons in that exposed  position on the river and 18,000 of us close by.

I was watching them wobble during the Huddersfield game - just as Fulham did as it goes. Credit to the people who operate them, because I know I couldn't do it.

fulhamben

If it gets called off, it gets called off. It's not the end of the world.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

filham

Quote from: fulhamben on February 12, 2020, 12:10:14 PM
If it is to be called off let us hope we get reasonable notice. It can be a late decision and after a difficult journey you first hear of the decision on the radio as you are travelling along Fulham Palace Road 5 minutes from the Cottage.

WOTM

It would be the end of the world! We are flying in from Sweden for our eight-year-old to be matchday mascot and he will be devastated!

sarnian

Reminds me of years ago. Flew into Gatwick and got to the Premier Inn at Putney at 2pm to hear the game against Birmingham had just been called off when Trevor Francis managed to persuade the ref that a small bit of ice in one corner of the ground was dangerous.

fulhamben

Quote from: WOTM on February 12, 2020, 01:23:51 PM

It would be the end of the world! We are flying in from Sweden for our eight-year-old to be matchday mascot and he will be devastated!
hopefully it won't, millwall managed to play through Ciara so hopefully it all goes well for you
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Chalky Wight

I was thinking of going to this game but if the storm is as bad I won't make the journey,  I live on the Isle of Wight.  Don't fancy my chances of getting home and Pompey is no place to be stranded

Dodgin

Don't want to sound selfish calling it off will suit me. Laid up since last week, know way be able to make the journey on Saturday, wife won't let me anyway. I see that I could sell my seat. Never done that not likely too. I hope it does go ahead though for the fans of both clubs who have booked their journeys.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Chalky Wight on February 12, 2020, 01:53:55 PM
I was thinking of going to this game but if the storm is as bad I won't make the journey,  I live on the Isle of Wight.  Don't fancy my chances of getting home and Pompey is no place to be stranded
Hi Chalky,
How's the paper round going.

Steven Ageroad

By all accounts the winds in Storm Dennis are not going to be as strong as in Storm Ciara. There must be a sexist joke in there somewhere!

YankeeJim

Not to worry. Wear your mac and get there early and have a pint or three.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Indeed, it's going to be rather gusty 😎✌️

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Milo

Mince n Tatties

Woolly Mammoth

You are better off bringing your shed, and Stormy Daniels.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.