https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Beware Storm Denis!

Started by Stoneleigh Loyalist, February 12, 2020, 09:14:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twig

Quote from: WOTM on February 12, 2020, 01:23:51 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on February 12, 2020, 12:10:14 PM
If it gets called off, it gets called off. It's not the end of the world.

It would be the end of the world! We are flying in from Sweden for our eight-year-old to be matchday mascot and he will be devastated!

Sounds like a great weekend. I do hope hope everything goes smoothly for you.

roberto w6

If the match does go ahead, also (as mentioned in another post and I've also checked on TFL) it doesn't look like there will be any District or Piccadilly line into Hammersmith on Saturday. Looks like the Hammersmith (former Met line) station will have a service though.

Artful Dodger

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 13, 2020, 09:19:52 AM
You are better off bringing your shed, and Stormy Daniels.
Would it be safe to stay in the shed with Stormy Daniels???
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Artful Dodger on February 13, 2020, 12:54:33 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 13, 2020, 09:19:52 AM
You are better off bringing your shed, and Stormy Daniels.
Would it be safe to stay in the shed with Stormy Daniels???

Most definite, it would be blowing in the wind.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SuffolkWhite

I am finding the TFL Tube planner is not working, but I will trust the Club site that the Hammersmith and City line is working and venture out if the game is on.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

fcfulham55

Pretty sure it's going to be called off now.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

ALG01

looking at the BBC website the weather will be awful with massively gusty winds certainly just before KO
I am not sure letting the game go ahead is a good idea under these conditions especially with one side totally exposed.
I do not trust the authorities to make the right decision and even if it does go ahead the game will potentially be a farce rather than a sporting contest between the two teams.

toshes mate

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on February 12, 2020, 09:26:57 AM
Odoi hat-trick?
I love this (especially given the spelling in the thread title).

Riversider

The problem for both clubs and both sets of supporters is that the storm isn't expected to reach its peak until 2pm on Saturday, 1pm the pitch could be perfectly playable  but by 2.30pm it's not .

Stoneleigh Loyalist

It may officially be Storm Dennis but the Denis in the subject title is my name as well as Odoi!

I am not sure that I really want to witness a farce with Barnsley winning with a Freak Woodrow long range shot carried by the wind.

Dr Know

Quote from: Riversider on February 14, 2020, 10:44:07 AM
The problem for both clubs and both sets of supporters is that the storm isn't expected to reach its peak until 2pm on Saturday, 1pm the pitch could be perfectly playable  but by 2.30pm it's not .
Just checked on the bbc website . 1pm. 42mph wind , 3pm. 43mph wind , it couldn't always change though .

fulhamfan

what was the wind speed for the city game that was cancelled?

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Dr Know on February 14, 2020, 12:20:48 PM
Just checked on the bbc website . 1pm. 42mph wind , 3pm. 43mph wind , it couldn't always change though .
I think perhaps you've misinterpreted Wind Speed and Wind Gust there. 

Wind speed - according to the Met office is forecast to be 22 to 23mph between 2pm and 5pm, with occasional gusts of 45/47 mph. 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: ALG01 on February 14, 2020, 10:11:36 AM
looking at the BBC website the weather will be awful with massively gusty winds certainly just before KO
I am not sure letting the game go ahead is a good idea under these conditions especially with one side totally exposed.
I do not trust the authorities to make the right decision and even if it does go ahead the game will potentially be a farce rather than a sporting contest between the two teams.
Agree. League positioning is to important for them to allow weather to play a major part in the decision.

I hope they postpone the game.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

alfie

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

filham

Just 21 hours to KO, lets hope Dennis is late.

Jims Dentist

Not a good day for a ferry across the solent Dr.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Jims Dentist on February 14, 2020, 06:36:42 PM

Or navigating round Cape Horn in a Rowing Boat.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SP

Does anyone know when they decide whether to postpone? Presumably, they'll try to decide ASAP to save the Barnsley fans travelling?

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 14, 2020, 08:03:02 PM

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 14, 2020, 08:03:02 PM

Nor for kicking against the wind in a football match, has Parker realised that it could be a game of two halves.