Reading
1-2
West Brom
Stoke
0-2
Preston

WhiteJC

Millwall 1-1 Fulham

Aleksandar Mitrovic's early goal gave Fulham hope of moving into the automatic promotion places

Fulham missed the chance to move up to second place in the Championship as they were held to a draw at Millwall.

An exciting first half saw Aleksandar Mitrovic give Fulham the perfect start as he slid in Joe Bryan's excellent curling cross having got between Millwall's centre-backs.

But the hosts controversially levelled soon afterwards as Jon Dadi Bodvarsson stabbed home despite being in an offside position from what seemed to be a Tom Bradshaw flick-on.

The Lions should have been ahead 12 minutes later, but Jed Wallace struck a penalty against the top of the bar after Bryan had fouled Mahlon Romeo.

Neither side could find a winner after the break, despite Neeskens Kebano hitting the crossbar for Fulham in stoppage time.

Scott Parker's Fulham drew level on points with second-placed Leeds, but are behind them on goal difference, while Millwall stay in 11th place.

The game started frantically - Mitrovic's 21st goal of the season put him top of the Championship's goalscoring standings in his own right, but Millwall's equaliser caused consternation on the Fulham bench, and replays showed they had a case.

A corner from the right was headed back towards goal by Shaun Hutchinson with Alex Pearce appearing to be offside. The ball never reached Pearce as Bradshaw clipped the ball forward, although it appeared that referee Andy Madley and his assistant felt that Fulham defender Josh Onomah got a final touch on it when both Pearce and Bodvarsson were beyond the last defender.

Wallace almost latched into a long ball to put Millwall ahead soon after he missed his penalty, while at the other end Fulham impressed with their passing but only had a shot from Mitrovic right at the end that was straight at Bartosz Bialkowski to show for it.

Onomah twice missed the target after powerful runs through the Millwall defence after the break, while Bradshaw had a great chance to win it for the hosts with 15 minutes left after being put through on goal, but his tame left-footed shot was easily saved by Marek Rodak.

Fulham almost took all three points in the second minute of stoppage time as a corner from the left was glanced goalwards by Kebano, but the attacker's header came back off the bar.

Jed Wallace's early penalty hit the bar as Millwall gave Fulham a scare at The Den

Millwall manager Gary Rowett told BBC Radio London:

"I watched it again and it's so difficult. If the linesman flags straight away, we can all debate it and then he's probably going to give offside because of that initial reaction.

"But when you watch it back, you just can't tell who's touched it and if you can't tell who's touched it, you can't be sure it's offside.

"It's such a difficult one and I don't know the answer. I don't know, genuinely, but I was pleased with our reaction."

Fulham boss Scott Parker told BBC Radio London:

"We found it quite difficult in the first half; we didn't really put our mark on the game.

"I think their goal is clearly offside and after that, it just felt like that moment rattled us a little bit.

"It is what it is. I wouldn't have thought you would need VAR for that decision tonight.

"I've just seen it back, I just honestly don't understand. We can't dwell on that.

"We hit the bar, we huffed and puffed and it didn't go our way at times."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51381262

WhiteJC

Head Coach press conference

Scott Parker had no doubt that Millwall's equaliser should have been chalked off.

Jon Dadi Bodvarsson was a couple of yards beyond the last defender when he converted Tom Bradshaw's flick, but the goal was allowed to stand.

One argument could have been that Josh Onomah got the last touch on its way through, but it seems unlikely with the direction in which the ball travelled.

"I've just seen it back and I honestly don't understand," Parker said. "It's obvious, it was clear as day. There's two players offside.

"Who it comes off, maybe that's in question, but it's such a big call in that moment. Science tells you that Millwall are shooting that way and the ball goes towards the goal.

"One thing we can categorically say is that there's two players offside at that moment. I probably would sit here and say that, but I think anyone would."

Asked if a point at the Den is an okay result in the grand scheme of things, Parker replied: "I think so.

"That's six unbeaten for us now, it's a tough place to come against a disciplined back five who are tough to break down.

"I thought our reaction after the goal was pretty poor and I felt that in the first half we turned the game into what Millwall wanted it to be.

"They were probably the better side in that sense and we were obviously fortunate that the boy misses the penalty. Second half we got a grip of the game and we stamp our mark on it, which I asked of us at half-time.

"We needed to be brave. I get that conditions and the pitch weren't conducive to play that way, but certainly that's the way I want our team to play. We have to play, we have to take the sting out of the game here.

"Games like this are always going to be limited in chances and when one falls your way, like the [Neeskens Kebano] one that hits the bar at the end, you like to think it drops in.

"It wasn't to be, we dust ourselves down and we now look forward to Saturday against Barnsley and try and get the points there now."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/february/12/head-coach-press conference

WhiteJC

Fulham (A) Coach Departure Time Changed

Due to possible delays on Saturday 15th February, the departure time for official Barnsley FC coaches to Craven Cottage has changed.

Coaches will now be leaving Oakwell at 8.30AM instead of the publicised time of 9.30 am.

Any supporter unable to attend can receive a full refund on their tickets if returned to the Reds Superstore prior to 2pm Friday.

If you have any queries regarding this, please contact the Box Office on 01226 211400 or by email at [email protected].

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2020/february/fulhamcoachchange2/

WhiteJC

Fulham star opens up on Craven Cottage move

Fulham goalkeeper Marek Rodak has been a part of the Whites set-up for years now having joined the club as a teenager

The Slovakian joined the club just over seven years ago after he had turned 16 and the young shot-stopper has now explained what it was like moving to England at a young age.

Speaking to The Evening Standard, he said: "The first couple of months were tough because I didn't speak good ­English.

"I took lessons for about a year and I also learned from the boys in the ­dressing room.

"I lived in digs with another player, Cameron Burgess, for about two years and then we moved into a flat.

"The first couple of months were tough away from my family but I am the kind of person who gets on with stuff. I've enjoyed it ever since."

The 23-year-old is enjoying his first season as the Cottagers' number one keeper and has featured in 21 games across all competitions.

The goalkeeper was made first choice in October following the poor form of Marcus Bettinelli and Rodak is yet to let manager Scott Parker down in between the sticks

Before becoming the main keeper at Fulham, Rodak learnt his trade in senior football with loan spells at Farnborough, Welling United and Accrington Stanley.

It was his two loans with Rotherham United in the last two seasons that played a large part in him becoming a more prominent member of Fulham's first team as he played 84 games which included gaining promotion from League One in 2018.

The Verdict

The prospect of leaving home at a young age for Rodak must have been a daunting prospect however he has adjusted to the rigours of senior football in England.

The risk of moving away at 16 has turned out to be a good risk with him now putting in some excellent displays for Fulham as he helps to lead the charge towards the Championship automatic promotion places for Parker's men.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-star-opens-up-on-craven-cottage-move/

WhiteJC

Millwall 1-1 Fulham: Cottagers miss chance to go second in Championship after Aleksandar Mitrovic's opener is controversially cancelled out by Jon Dadi Bodvarsson's strike

Fulham have missed the chance to leapfrog Leeds after being held by Millwall
    Scott Parker's side took an early lead through Aleksandar Mitrovic at The Den
    Jon Dadi Bodvarsson controversially got Millwall's equaliser five minutes later
    Jed Wallace then squandered the chance to score from the penalty spot for hosts
    The visitors came close to winning it late but Ivan Cavaleiro's header hit the bar

The point Fulham gained here could yet prove all the difference in a promotion race it seems nobody wants to win.

On the positive side for Scott Parker's side, they moved level with Leeds United in second place, a scenario that seemed highly improbable when the Yorkshire club held a double digit points advantage over them before Christmas.

They also handled a typically in-your-face Millwall, refusing to buckle after Jon Dadi Bodvarsson controversially cancelled out Aleksandar Mitrovic's early opener.

Aleksandar Mitrovic prods the ball past Bartosz Bialkowski to break the deadlock at The Den

The Serbian striker was quick to latch onto Joe Bryan's cross to score the opening goal

Fulham's No 9 is congratulated by his team-mates after scoring in the game's third minute

But they were also far below their best and may have lost had Jed Wallace not blasted a first-half penalty over the crossbar.

What a curious Premier League promotion pursuit this has become. West Bromwich Albion are the closest we have to a team that had stuck the pace, but they have collapsed from an even stronger position in the autumn.

Leeds are trying their best not to fall apart, while Nottingham Forest followed up their euphoric win over Leeds at the weekend with a shock defeat to Charlton on Tuesday night.

It was all there for Fulham to capitalise on but they could only take partial advantage after making the perfect start three minutes in.

Harry Arter worked a free-kick short to Joe Bryan but it appeared they'd mucked up the routine as Millwall's defenders rushed out to pressure.

Replays show that Jon Dadi Bodvarsson (top left) was in an offside position before scoring

Millwall had the chance to take the lead from the spot but Jed Wallace blazed his effort over

But that appeared to be the cunning plan. Once the back line were sucked out, Bryan spun and crossed from the right and Mitrovic stole in behind to poke the ball into the bottom corner for his 21st of the season.

It looked as though an easy evening lay in wait for the promotion challengers but Millwall's response was hurricane-strength.

Just five minutes later and they were level, albeit in controversial circumstances. Ryan Woods swung in a corner that Shaun Hutchinson headed down into a dangerous area and Tom Bradshaw flicked on.

At the back post, Bodvarsson, quite a large man to slip away unnoticed, hooked the ball home. Millwall celebrated but referee Andrew Madley wanted to consult his assistant, who hadn't raised his flag.

After a brief chat, the goal stood but replays showed two Millwall players clearly standing offside as Fulham's defenders stepped up. Scott Parker was incensed on the touchline, bellowing 'offside, offside' and with good reason.

The goal rattled Fulham and Millwall didn't let up. Their constant hassling forced Fulham to abandon their natural passing game for the remainder of the first-half.

The usual intelligent movement and phases of passing out from the back were replaced by hoofed long balls and rushed passes out of play as Fulham's forward three saw scant service.

Jon Dadi Bodvarsson and Tom Bradshaw rue a missed chance in the first half on Wednesday

Joe Bryan has his head in his hands after Fulham fail to convert a chance in the second half

Millwall's Bradshaw (second left) has a chance at goal but it's saved by Marek Rodak

Amid this, Millwall should have taken the lead. Jed Wallace picked out Mahlon Romeo advanced on the right and Bryan was exposed in the one-on-one. As Romeo side-stepped inside, Bryan clipped him for a clear penalty.

It needed a delicate touch but Jed Wallace decided to hammer the spot-kick and the ball soared over the crossbar and into the second tier housing the Fulham fans who'd travelled across town.

Undeterred, Millwall continued to press. Romeo marauded down the right again and almost caught out Marek Rodak with a lofted cross-shot that needed to be pushed away.

And Icelandic forward Bodvarsson broke clear of defensive attentions again to direct Jed Wallace's free-kick wide before Rodak rushed out to deny Jed Wallace after the perfect pass by Murray Wallace.

There was a bit more guile about Fulham after the restart, with Bobby Decordova-Reid chasing onto a Michael Hector punt from the back before shooting wildly wide. Mitrovic waved his arms in dismay in the middle.

Both sets of players watch Ivan Cavaleiro's header crash off the crossbar in stoppage time

Harry Arter (left) makes a full-blooded challenge on Boovarsson and receives a yellow card

More aggressive in their approach and neater with their passing, Fulham were beginning to dictate terms. Decordova-Reid rode a couple of challenges as he drove through the middle before shooting badly wide.

Parker called for the cavalry, or more specifically Cavaleiro, who replaced the ineffective Aboubakar Kamara with 20 minutes to go.

Millwall's squall had blown out and they barely troubled Fulham's defence after the break, but there was panic when Bradshaw broke clear only to underhit his shot and allow Rodak to save.

And there was a further element of alarm when Hector's loose touch in dealing with a cross late on almost went past Rodak and into his own net.

But Fulham almost snatched it in stoppage time when substitute Neeskens Kebano headed a Cavaleiro corner onto the crossbar.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7996719/Millwall-1-1-Fulham-Scott-Parkers-men-fail-leapfrog-Leeds-held-Den.html

WhiteJC

REPORT: Millwall 1-1 Fulham

JED Wallace missed a penalty as Millwall came from behind in an intense London derby against Fulham at The Den on Wednesday night.

Aleksandar Mitrovic gave Fulham the lead in the third minute when he finished Joe Bryan's cross past Bart Bialkowski.

Millwall were level five minutes later as Jon Dadi Bodvarsson tapped in for his fourth goal of the season.

Wallace had the chance to put the Lions in front in the 22nd minute but missed from the spot after Mahlon Romeo had been fouled by Bryan.

The visitors were denied the win in injury-time when substitute Neeskens Kebano's header came back off the crossbar.

Hutchinson superb as outstanding defensive performance frustrates Fulham

Millwall had lost their last three league games against Fulham and a 0-0 draw before that meant they hadn't scored against the Cottagers in 360 minutes of Championship football.

You had to look further into the statistical vault to find the last time the Lions defeated Fulham at home in any competition, 4-3 in the old Division Three in April 1982.

It took only two minutes and 12 seconds for Fulham to set about extending that streak, but less than eight minutes for the Lions to end that scoreless run. Fulham felt Bodvarsson was offside, but replays suggested that the ball may have come off Josh Onomah, and if so rendering Bodvarsson's position irrelevant. Scott Parker's players felt Tom Bradshaw had hooked the ball through from Shaun Hutchinson's header.

It seemed the goals would continue to flow when the Lions were awarded that penalty, only for Wallace to miss.

Fulham eventually gained supremacy in midfield and that gave them the platform to attack a Millwall defence that remained outstandingly defiant. And not only were there some crucial interceptions, but at one point deep into the second half when Jed Wallace broke and looked for support, it was Hutchinson he found sprinting into the Fulham half and earning a free-kick after gaining possession.

Hutchinson was superb, but his four defensive colleagues were not far behind as Bialkowski only faced two shots on target.

Woods and Molumby work hard to stop Fulham at source

It's been a well worn-out statistic at this stage. Fulham had 85 per cent possession when these sides met at Craven Park last August, a web of possession built from almost 1,000 completed passes.

But Millwall were determined they wouldn't be chasing shadows with futility under the Den lights. Ryan Woods and Jayson Molumby were probably more suited to this kind of game anyway than the injured Shaun Williams. Whenever the ball went into midfield in the first half it was like dropping food into a piranha tank. When Woods was snapping at Tom Cairney, Molumby was hassling Onomah.

But it was tough to keep up that intensity and Cairney and Onomah were much more prominent after the break.

Ryan Leonard came on for his first appearance since October to add another girder of support in midfield.

Millwall stayed strong until the end, and earned that bit of luck as the woodwork denied Kebano.

Reliable Jed has rare miss

It had been five from five from the penalty spot for Wallace this season, a perfect record. He looked like he wanted to burst the net but with Marek Rodak diving to his right he could have gently dinked the ball in.

Wallace had been involved in the lead-up to the penalty, finding Romeo who cut inside Bryan and was tripped.

Wallace will have to wait a little longer for his 11th goal of the season.

Match details

Fulham took that early lead after working a free-kick short before Bryan crossed left-footed from the right and Mitrovic poked past Bialkowski from six yards.

Bodvarsson brought Millwall level with the goal given after a consultation between referee Andrew Madley and his linesman.

Wallace smashed his penalty down the middle but he put too much elevation on it as the ball clipped the top of the crossbar and flew into a gleeful Fulham end.

Rodak had to backpedal quickly in the 26th minute to prevent Romeo's mis-hit cross finding the far corner, and then Bodvarsson stretched but couldn't steer the ball on target from Wallace's free-kick.

Murray Wallace found his namesake Jed running through the middle but it was a difficult ball to control and it gave Rodak the chance to come off his line and see of the danger.

Mitrovic tested Bialkowski with a fierce low shot in first-half injury-time after Bobby Decordova-Reid'd free-kick had rebounded off the wall.

Fulham began the second half hogging the ball but Millwall were working hard to keep them away from their goal. Aboubakar Kamara slashed a shot wide of the near post with Mitrovic calling for a cross, and then the roles were reversed but it was a different outcome as Romeo's excellent tackle prevented Bryan getting through.

Millwall were seeing little of the ball but with 14 minutes left Bodvarsson spotted Bradshaw's run into the inside-left channel and found him, but Rodak saved the striker's low effort.

Leonard was soon on for the spent Bradshaw as the Lions switched to 5-3-2.

Fulham had that late chance from Ivan Cavaleiro's corner to Kebano, but it would have been harsh on the hosts.

Team news

Millwall boss Rowett made three games to his side after the 2-0 defeat to West Brom here on Sunday.

Alex Pearce returned to the centre of a back five, while Bradshaw and Bodvarsson started in attack.

Millwall: 5-2-3: Bialkowski; Romeo, Hutchinson, Pearce (Smith, 87), Cooper, M Wallace; Molumby, Woods (Skalak, 87); J Wallace, Bradshaw (Leonard, 77), Bodvarsson.

Subs: Steele, Smith, Leonard, O'Brien, Skalak, Mahoney, Ferguson.

https://www.newsatden.co.uk/75027-report-millwall-1-1-fulham

WhiteJC

REPORT: Millwall 1 Fulham 1 - Wallace misses penalty as points shared

Two goals in the first ten minutes saw Millwall and Fulham share the spoils in an energetic London Derby.

Aleksander Mitrovic's third-minute finish from close range was cancelled out by Jon Dadi Bodvarsson who tapped home from a corner on the eighth minute, despite looking a good few yards offside.

Gary Rowett reverted to the 5-2-3 that has been so successful during his time as Millwall boss, bringing in Tom Bradshaw, Alex Pearce and Jon Dadi Bodvarsson in place of Matt Smith, Shaun Williams and Aiden O'Brien.

The visitors wasted no time and took the lead in the third minute when Aleksander Mitrovic got on the end of a dangerous cross from Joe Bryan.

The Serb poked home from inside the 6-yard box to score his third goal in three consecutive games against Millwall. 

Millwall hit back instantly and drew level through Jon Dadi Bodvarsson. The Icelandic frontman was first to a second ball after a Jed Wallace corner and finished emphatically.

There was some debate over offside, but after some deliberation between the referee Andrew Madley and his assistant, the goal was given on 9 minutes.

Madley waved away the Fulham protests, but on replays, it was clear the referee made a big mistake.

On a bitterly cold South London night, the game was providing plenty of action to keep spectators warm.

The action kept coming, as Millwall won a penalty on 21 minutes. Mahlon Romeo was tripped by a covering Cottager.

Jed Wallace stepped up hoping to score his sixth successive penalty of the season and keep his 100% record. Instead, his effort clipped the bar, almost reaching the travelling fans in the upper tier.

The whole stadium was in good voice, home and away fans alike, as the second half started, and the rain began to fall.

Both sides came out playing with a lot more caution. Fulham were seeing more of the ball, but did little with it, as Millwall retained their defensive shape.

Although Fulham dominated the possession, the struggled to create chances. Millwall's ventures into the away side's half were few and far between as the home side sat deep.

Despite that, Millwall had the first real chance of the half when Bodvarsson put Bradshaw through. Unfortunately, the Welshman's finish was comfortable for Rodak in the end.

Rowett introduced Matt Smith and Jiri Skalak in the 85th minute in a but to push for victory, but it was too little too late from the home side.

Millwall remain without a win in four league games now, but the Lions will be much happier with their performance.

Teams:

Millwall: Bialkowski, Romeo, Hutchinson, Pearce (Smith 85), Cooper, M. Wallace, Molumby, Woods (Skalak 85), J. Wallace, Bradshaw (Leonard 77), Bodvarsson.

Subs: Steele, Ferguson, Mahoney, O'Brien.

Fulham: Rodak, Odoi, Hector, Ream, Bryan, Arter (Kebano 88), Cairney, Onomah, Kamara (Cavaleiro 70), Mitrovic, Decordova-Reid.

Subs: Bettinelli, McDonald, Johansen, Christie, Sessengon.

https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/18231133.report-millwall-1-fulham-1---wallace-misses-penalty-points-shared/

WhiteJC

Honours even at the Den as Millwall and Fulham draw cross-London derby

Millwall 1 Fulham 1

Aleksandar Mitrovic found the net again for Fulham, but the White spurned the chance to leapfrog Leeds into the second promotion spot.

They controlled large swathes of the match – albeit not to the extent of the 4-0 rout of Millwall on home soil at the start of the season.

But they only had their noses in front for five minutes early in the match before Jon Dadi Bodvarsson restored parity and the hosts fluffed the chance to go in front when Jed Wallace skied a penalty over the crossbar.

The point does keep the Lions just about in the play-off mix – they will need to make up seven points - as they try to negotiate some heavy-duty fixtures against the Championships' bigger hitters.

We were barely into the third minute when Fulham took the lead with a soft goal that

Joe Bryan swung a cross in from the right and Mitrovic timed his run in behind the home defence perfectly to score from close range.

For the Serb, scorer of the winning goal at Blackburn at the weekend, it was his 21st goal of the campaign for the west London side.

But on eight minutes, the Lions were level through Bodvarsson, despite furious protests from Fulham players and a consultation between the ref Andrew Madley and an assistant referee.

It followed a flick-on at a corner which allowed the Millwall striker to pounce from close range. It looked offside but the goal stood.

And on 21 minutes, Jed Wallace blasted over from the spot – the kick awarded after a careless trip on Mahlon Romeo by Bryan.

In spite of pretty spells for the visitors, with Tom Cairney pulling the strings, Millwall's verve and bustle did not allow Fulham to monopolise the ball the way they had done at Craven Cottage in August.

In that reverse league fixture, the on-song Whites had romped to that big win with a barely-credible possession count of 85 per cent.

Josh Onomah's surging runs caused the Lions problems after the break, but their greater poise on the ball suggested they had the potential for more than one route to goal in their locker.

Increasingly, the hosts fed on scraps as Fulham assumed greater control. Tom Bradshaw did get in behind the home defence on one occasion but his shot lacked the power and precision needed to beat Marek Rodak,

Sub Neeskens Kebano almost one it at the death with a flicked near-post header after a corner had been drilled in by Ivan Cavaleiro, another player to come off the bench. But the Whites had to settle for just the point.

Line ups:

Millwall: Bialkowski – Romeo, Hutchinson, Pearce (Smith 86), Cooper – Molumby, Woods (Skalak 86), M Wallace - J Wallace, Bradshaw (Leonard 77), Bodvarsson. Subs not used: Steele, Ferguson, Mahoney, O'Brien

Fulham: Rodak – Odoi, Hector, Ream, Bryan – Arter (Kebano 88), Onomah – Kamara (Cavaleiro 71), Cairney, Reid – Mitrovic. Subs not used: Bettinelli, McDonald, Johansen, Christie, Sessegnon

https://www.capitalfootball.co.uk/single-post/2020/02/12/Honours-even-at-the-Den-as-Millwall-and-Fulham-draw-cross-London-derby

WhiteJC

Fulham miss the chance to go second ahead of Leeds in the Championship after draw at Millwall

Fulham remain third after a draw in south east London. ( PA )

Fulham squandered the chance to leapfrog Leeds United into second place in the Championship as Millwall came from behind to earn a point in an entertaining London derby.

The 1-1 draw leaves Scott Parker's Cottagers third, level on points with Leeds and six shy of West Brom, who beat Reading at Madejski Stadium.

Aleksander Mitrovic's third-minute strike was cancelled out by Jon Dadi Bodvarsson's finish five minutes later and it should have been worse for the visitors after Jed Wallace's awful penalty miss in the first half.

Parker, who was facing his former Charlton teammate Gary Rowett for the first time in the dugout, will be frustrated by his side's failure to carve out chances, although Millwall, who are now winless in four, deserve credit for another committed performance.

Fulham struck the first blow with barely two minutes on the clock, as Mitrovic capitalised on dozy Millwall defending to bag his 21st league goal of the season.

Fulham took the leas through Mitrovic. (PA)

Josh Onomah drew a midfield foul and Harry Arter and Joe Bryan exchanged passes from a short free-kick before the left-back curled a gorgeous ball to the ball post, where Mitrovic was on hand to convert from close range.

It was an ominous start for Millwall, who had lost their last three meetings with the Cottagers without scoring, but it took the hosts just five minutes to hit back, albeit controversially.

The second of two Ryan Woods corners was headed towards the back post, via a hefty deflection, by Shaun Hutchinson and Dadi Bodvarsson calmly finished on the volley. Fulham were convinced Icelander was in an offside position and Mitrovic led the charge to surround the linesman whose flag had stayed down.

After consulting with his assistant and a non-technology-related delay, referee Andrew Madley awarded the goal, ruling that Onomah rather than Milwall's Tom Bradshaw helped on Hutchinson's header.

Fulham complained over Millwall's equaliser. (Getty Images)

With the cut-up Den pitch proving a leveller and preventing from Fulham from stroking the ball around, the Lions continued in the ascendency and should have taken the lead after 21 minutes.

Jed Wallace pounced on a loose ball and drove inside before finding Mahlon Romeo. The wing-back darted into the area and was immediately caught by Bryan, with Madley having no hesitation in pointing to the spot.

Wallace stepped up but blazed his penalty straight over the bar, nearly into the jubilant Fulham fans in the second tier behind the goal.

It was a measure of Millwall's grit that it took Fulham until the half-hour mark to begin to pass the ball with some of their usual authority but found the Lions' three-man defence hard to penetrate.

Aboubakar Kamara pointedly looked down at the pitch after shanking a cross straight out of play and the Cottagers finished the half with only one more effort of real note, as Mitrovic fired straight at goalkeeper Bartosz Bialkowski in stoppage-time.

Onomah was moved into a more advanced role in the second period. (Getty Images)

Parker made a tweak at half-time, switching to 4-2-3-1 and pushing Onomah higher up the pitch. The former Tottenham player immediately became more influential and had all three of Fulham's chances in the opening 20 minutes of the half, twice slicing wide with his left foot before failing to get a firm header on Kamara's cross.

Millwall were giving the ball away too cheaply but continued to look threatening on the counter-attack, with Jed Wallace nearly forcing an own goal after winning and then whipping in a free-kick.

The Lions squandered another glorious chance for a win which would have moved them back into play-off contention when Bradshaw broke free but his weak effort was easily saved by Marek Rodak in the Fulham goal.

It was to be the centre-forward's final act of the match as Rowett signalled his contentment with a point by replacing him with midfielder Ryan Leonard, on for his first appearance since October due to injury.

Fulham almost found a winner in stoppage time with Neeskens Kebano latching onto Ivan Cavaleiro's corner at the near post - only for his effort to come back off the crossbar.

Given the circumstances, both managers will probably regard it as a decent point, as well as a big opportunity missed.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/millwall-fulham-live-result-report-championship-a4360716.html

WhiteJC

Millwall 1-1 Fulham: Jon Dadi Bodvarsson scores controversial equaliser at The Den
Report and highlights from the Sky Bet Championship clash at The Den

Fulham missed the chance to leapfrog Leeds into the Championship automatic promotion spots as a controversial Millwall equaliser forced them to settle for a 1-1 draw at The Den on Wednesday night.

The division's top scorer, Aleksandar Mitrovic, put Scott Parker's team ahead with his 21st goal of the campaign (3), but Jon Dadi Bodvarsson's strike five minutes later was allowed to stand despite the Iceland striker having strayed offside.

Jed Wallace passed up the opportunity to put the Lions ahead with a missed penalty midway through the first half (22), but though the Cottagers dominated possession after the break, they could not find a winner.

The result leaves Fulham level with second-placed Leeds on 56 points, while Preston's victory over Stoke at the bet365 Stadium means the gap between Millwall and the play-off positions is extended to seven points.

How Fulham were controversially held at The Den

With both sides fully invested in the Championship promotion race, the stakes were high in south east London. Therefore, there was no doubting the opening goal could prove pivotal and it came inside 180 seconds, before either side had managed to get a foothold in the game.

Harry Arter - making his first start since October 19 - exchanged passes with Joe Bryan on the right-hand edge of the penalty area, before the latter curled a delightful ball towards the penalty spot where Mitrovic was waiting to slide beyond Bartosz Bialkowski.

The Lions have proven themselves to be a different animal in front of their own fans and it wasn't long before they had hauled themselves back on level terms when Bodvarsson hooked the ball home at the far post after a flick-on by Tom Bradshaw.

But there were furious appeals from the Fulham players who were convinced the striker had strayed offside in the build-up. Replays later showed they were right to feel aggrieved, but after consultation with his linesman, referee Andrew Madley awarded the goal.

Team news

Gary Rowett made three changes to the side that lost 2-0 to West Brom on Sunday, as Tom Bradshaw, Alex Pearce and Jon Dadi Bodvarsson replaced Shaun Williams, Aiden O'Brien and Matt Smith.

Meanwhile, Scott Parker made two changes for Fulham; Harry Arter and Aboubakar Kamara started in place of Kevin McDonald and Ivanb Cavaleiro.

The intensity of the hosts did not wane there and after Mahlon Romeo was upended by Bryan inside the area, Wallace had the chance to put Gary Rowett's side ahead for the first time in the game. He opted for power over placement, but blasted the ball over via the top of the crossbar.

Clearly keen to put right the disappointment of the first 45 minutes, Parker sent his players out to cause Millwall issues. But though it looked as if a winner from the visitors was a mere formality, it was not until the second minute of stoppage-time they threatened to score it.

Substitute Neeskens Kebano connected with a whipped corner from the left to the near post, but the DR Congo international could only glance a header onto the crossbar, where it was swiftly hacked away.

Man of the match - Michael Hector

Having spent last season on loan to Sheffield Wednesday from Chelsea, 27-year-old Hector hadn't played a league game since May 5. It's something that's quite hard to believe given just how well he's done since an £8m move to Craven Cottage last month.

The trip to The Den saw him make his sixth league appearance for the club, with Bodvarsson's early equaliser just the third goal they've conceded during that period. His presence at the back has brought a much needed lift at a crucial point in the season.

What the managers said...

Millwall's Gary Rowett: "I thought it was much better. I thought it was two teams really giving the game a go and it looked like a really good game to watch from the sidelines.

"I have to say, I wanted a reaction from the players; in some ways, if we play like that in the first half, if we'd have lost the game, I'd be sat here quite pleased with that performance because it shows what we can do, particularly in that 5-3-2."

Fulham's Scott Parker: "For me it's clearly two players offside and everything you work in your box in terms of clearing the box from set-plays against a team like Millwall is exactly what we did. You'd like to think the officials would get that. I feel it dented us a little bit.

"I do keep saying that the only thing we can control is ourselves and we came into tonight wanting to get three points. We've not done that. We're six unbeaten now and if you can't win these games, you certainly don't lose them. We dust ourselves off and get ready for Saturday."

What's next?

Both sides are next in action on Saturday, January 15 at 3pm. Millwall travel to Deepdale to face Preston, while Fulham host Barnsley at Craven Cottage.

https://www.skysports.com/football/millwall-vs-fulham/report/409729

WhiteJC

Fulham miss chance to go second

Fulham squandered the opportunity to move above Leeds United into second in the Championship after drawing 1-1 at Millwall this evening. The Whites were furious that Jon Dadi Bodvarsson's equaliser was allowed to stand despite the Icelandic forward being a couple of yards offside when he touched home from a corner, but a point apiece was the fairest result on the balance of play.

Scott Parker's side knew they could move in the automatic promotion places with a win at the Den after Leeds' draw with Brentford last night and they got off to the perfect start after just three minutes. A quick free-kick saw Harry Arter feed Joe Bryan and, as Millwall's defence rushed out to meet him, the left-back spun to fire in a low cross for Aleksandar Mitrovic, who gleefully grabbed his third goal in as many games against Millwall.

The hosts, however, hadn't read the script. Gary Rowett wanted his side to show far more invention and desire than they had managed in a meek surrender to league leaders West Brom on Sunday and the Lions' answered emphatically with one of their most impressive displays of the season. They were on level terms within five minutes. Fulham failed to deal with Ryan Woods' corner, allowing Shaun Hutchinson to head across goal and Bodvarsson touched home at the far post. Referee Andy Madley went and consulted with his assistant but gave the goal – only for television replays to clearly show the goalscorer in an offside position.

The equaliser only enlivened the home side's spirit. Their energetic press, combined with an atrocious playing surface, had disrupted Fulham's pretty passing and soon Millwall were on the front foot. Some timely covering from Denis Odoi prevented Tom Bradshaw from sneaking onto Bodvarson's flick, but the hosts had even better chance to take the lead when Bryan brought down the rampaging Mahlon Romeo in the box. Jed Wallace, who had played in the impressive wing-back, stepped up to take the penalty but went for power over placement and blazed it wildly over the bar.

The penalty miss didn't sap any of Millwall's energy. Rowett's men could have easily been well in front by the break. Marek Rodak had to readjust to repel a Romeo effort that threatened the far corner and Bodvarsson was left totally free to divert a Jed Wallace free-kick fractionally wide. Rodak was called into action again to deny Jed Wallace after the winger was found by a wonderful pass from his namesake Murray.

The second half was an altogether cagier affair as the rain began to pour down. Fulham began to assume a degree of control, although clear-cut chances were few and far between. Josh Onomah had an effective game in the middle of the park for Fulham but he lost his composure after engineering a couple of shooting opportunities for himself. With a little more awareness, he might have squared the first chance to a waiting Mitrovic, who was rightly furious. Although they were operating almost exclusively on the counter attack, the clearest chances actually arrived for Millwall. Jed Wallace saw a shot bravely blocked by Ream before excellent approach play from Bodvarsson sent Bradshaw in, but Rodak produced a smart save – not for the first time this season.

Rowett sent on Jiri Skalek and former Fulham forward Matt Smith as the home side sought a winner, but it was the visitors who came closest to snatching the points during three minutes of stoppage time. Their substitutes, Ivan Cavaleiro and Neeskens Kebano, almost combined to grab a famous win with the Congolese winger climbing majestically well in front of the near post to head Cavaleiro's corner against the crossbar. Such was Fulham's desperation that Bryan lashed a long-ranger high into the travelling fans as Parker's men had to make do with a point.

MILLWALL (3-4-1-2): Bialkowski; Hutchinson, Cooper, Pearce (Smith 86); Romeo, M. Wallace, Molumby, Woods (Skalak 86); J. Wallace; Bodvarsson, Bradshaw (Leonard 77). Subs (not used): Steele, Ferguson, O'Brien, Mahoney.

BOOKED: Woods.

GOAL: Bodvarsson (8).

FULHAM (4-3-3): Rodak; Odoi, Bryan, Hector, Ream; Arter (Kebano 88), Onomah, Cairney; Kamara (Cavaleiro 71), Decordova-Reid, Mitrovic. Subs (not used): Bettinelli, Christie, S. Sessegnon, McDonald, Johansen.

BOOKED: Cairney, Arter.

GOAL: Mitrovic (3).

REFEREE: Andy Madley (Huddersfield).

ATTENDANCE: 12,870.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2020/02/fulham-miss-chance-to-go-second/

WhiteJC

Fulham frustrated in Millwall draw

Fulham missed the chance to climb into the Sky Bet Championship's automatic promotion places as they were held to a 1-1 draw by Millwall at the Den.

Aleksandar Mitrovic put the visitors ahead from close range after just three minutes but they were pegged back almost immediately by a controversial Jon Dadi Bodvarsson strike.

Jed Wallace had the chance put Millwall ahead from the penalty spot midway through the first half but fired over the bar, while Fulham nearly snatched a winner in the final seconds when Neeskens Kebano headed a corner onto the crossbar.

Scott Parker's side got off to the perfect start as Mitrovic slid Joe Bryan's inviting cross into the net.

The Serbian striker, the Championship's top scorer, has now netted in each of his three games against Millwall and it looked like it might be a long night for the home side against their in-form opponents.

But the Lions hit back within five minutes, with Bodvarsson firing past Marek Rodak after a corner.

The striker looked to be two yards offside but, after consulting, the officials determined the ball had reached him via the boot of Fulham's Josh Onomah rather than Tom Bradshaw's flick-on.

Millwall may have been lucky to be level but soon after they should have gone ahead.

Wallace tricked his way past two defenders before feeding Mahlon Romeo, who turned inside and was brought down inside the box. Andrew Madley pointed to the spot but Wallace hammered the penalty into the top tier.

Fulham looked rattled and barely mustered an attack for the rest of the half, their best effort a tame Mitrovic volley from long range that Bartosz Bialkowski gathered easily.

The promotion chasers came out far stronger after the break, with Onomah in particular troubling the home defence with his surging runs from midfield but twice failing to hit the target when well-placed.

But they rarely turned their dominance into chances and it was Millwall who looked like they might grab a winner when a rare counter-attack saw Bodvarsson set Bradshaw through on goal, only for the striker to shoot tamely at Rodak.

Fulham finally managed a clear-cut chance in stoppage-time when substitute Kebano met Ivan Cavaleiro's cross but his flicked header came back off the bar and was scrambled away.

The point draws Fulham back level with second-placed Leeds but out of the automatic promotion places on goal difference, while Millwall are now seven points off the play-off pace.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/fulham-frustrated-millwall-draw

WhiteJC

Gary Rowett gives his verdict on Jon Dadi Bodvarsson's controversial equaliser against Fulham

Millwall manager Gary Rowett reckons it would have been a difficult call by the officials to disallow Jon Dadi Bodavrsson's equaliser in tonight's 1-1 draw with Fulham.

The Icelandic international finished from close range when Shaun Hutchinson headed on a Jed Wallace corner to cancel out Aleksandar Mitrovic's opener.

Fulham's players appealed that there were two players offside when Bodvarsson beat Marek Rodak.

Rowett said: "We started really poorly, which I'm disappointed with, it's just a little bit of a habit recently of conceding soft goals and I don't like that.

"We recovered well with the set-piece goal. There was a little bit of controversy around it but it's really difficult if the linesman doesn't flag straight away.

"You can't tell who it comes off. I've watched it three times and you can't tell who the touch came off. I'm sure Scottie [Parker, Fulham boss] will be disappointed that it was given and I'd understand that. But at the same time I'm not sure which way the officials go with it if they aren't sure.

"It was a really good performance. We responded well. We got the penalty – Woodsy was dictating play for us in midfield. He switched play to Mahlon [Romeo] and he gets the penalty. Unfortunately for once Jed is not his usual accurate self. But that's going to happen. He's trying to do everything he can, one or two things didn't quite come off for him today but he still tried them.

"The first half was a really good performance. To press Fulham as well as we did and disrupt their play as well as we did, to play with composure – to get so many balls in behind and runners in behind – was really encouraging.

"The challenge second half is can you maintain it? And the issue against a side like Fulham is that they are very good at playing around you. Their pressing triggers are always different and they move with a lot of fluidity and freedom – they can all handle the ball technically.

"We probably had a 20-minute spell where we struggled to get out. But, as often happens at the Den, the crowd stayed with us and got behind us – we finished the game really strongly.

"It was an even game in a lot of ways. Fulham had a lot more possession and more control but we had the better chances. Bart was not worked that hard at the other end. We're a little disappointed with a draw but certainly a much more positive performance."

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/gary-rowett-gives-his-verdict-on-jon-dadi-bodvarssons-controversial-equaliser-against-fulham/

WhiteJC

'It's clear as day' - Fulham's Parker on off-side in 1-1 Millwall draw

Scott Parker wasn't happy that Millwall's equaliser was allowed to stand on Wednesday night.

The Fulham boss admitted there was doubt about the contact, but believes the advantage went to the attacking side.

Parker said: "It's clear as day that there are two players offside. Who it comes off, maybe that is the question? It's such a big call at that moment, but we can categorically say that there are two players standing in an offside position."

Despite protestations over the goal, he admitted his side could have reacted better following the decision.

The Fulham boss added: "I felt like our reaction after the goal was poor. We turned the game into what Millwall wanted it to be, they were probably the better side in that sense. Obviously fortunate that [Wallace] misses the penalty.

"Second half I feel like we got a grip of the game, we stamped our mark on it, which I asked for at half time. We needed to be brave, the conditions and the pitch were not conducive at times, but that's the way I want my team to play. We have to take the sting out of the game, it's a hostile place to come. First half I just felt that they were in the ascendancy, we never did anything to take the sting out of it.

"In the second half we took the sting out of it and limited them to very few chances. It's a shame in the end that [a chance] didn't fall our way.

"It's six unbeaten for us, it's a tough place to come against a very disciplined back 5, its tough to break down. Games like this are always going to be limited in chances. We move on, we dust ourselves down, we now look forward to Saturday against Barnsley."

https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/18231182.its-clear-day---fulhams-parker-off-side-1-1-millwall-draw/

WhiteJC

Scott Parker left angered by Millwall's controversial equaliser

Fulham boss Scott Parker was left seething after Millwall's controversial equaliser in a 1-1 draw prevented them overtaking Leeds in the Championship's automatic-promotion places.

Aleksandar Mitrovic put the visitors ahead from close range, but they were pegged back almost immediately by Jon Dadi Bodvarsson, who had looked to be standing in an offside position.

Following consultation with his assistant, referee Andrew Madley determined the ball had come off Fulham midfielder Josh Onomah – and not home striker Tom Bradshaw – much to Parker's dismay.

"It was clear as day that they had two players offside," he said.

"Who it comes off is perhaps in question, but anyone would think it's a little bit unjust to think that a goal was given when there's clearly an advantage from two of their players standing in an offside position.

"I think our reaction after the goal was pretty poor, and in the first half we turned the game into what Millwall wanted it to be. They were probably the better side.

"In the second half we got a grip on the game. We stamped our mark on it, which I asked for at half-time because we needed to be braver.

"The pitch and the conditions were tough to deal with, but that's the way I want my team to play – we have to take the sting out of the game.

"Overall I think we're happy with a point and we're six games unbeaten now. Games like this are always going to be limited in chances and when one falls your way, you hope they can drop in."

Fulham almost snatched a winner in the dying seconds when substitute Neeskens Kebano headed a corner onto the crossbar, but Millwall arguably had the best chance to win the game when Jed Wallace fired his first-half penalty over the woodwork.

Lions manager Gary Rowett was pleased with how his team responded to Sunday's defeat at home to leaders West Brom, yet was somewhat disappointed not to pick up all three points.

He said: "It was a much better performance than Sunday – that was the beauty of the evening.

"We've had less recovery than Fulham, which is always a concern, but it's the Championship and you deal with it.

"It was a really even game in a lot of ways. Fulham had a lot more possession and a lot more control, but I thought we had the better chances. I don't think [goalkeeper] Bartosz Bialkowski was tested that often."

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/scott-parker-left-angered-millwalls-controversial-equaliser