watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Poor result

Started by fulhamben, February 12, 2020, 09:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Honestly I'm not sure I want to go up with this team. Can't remember the last time we had a good game
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

colinwhite

Bollocks we were robbed.
Daylight robbery. difficult game and not our best performance but still a good point.

howitis

Zero chance of finishing top 2. This team just not good enough.
Hector been a revelation but there is no fluidity to our play and the midfield looks so disjointed.

FFC1987

Even from my pessimistic outlook of thinking we'll finish playoffs, Millwall away is a good point but as Brom showed last game, an automatic team/champion, puts them away and we didn't. We never really looked dangerous to be honest.

Rambler

Only 1 gear and chances created seem to be drying up.

Sgt Fulham

Not sure we're good enough for top 2. What the past few games have shown me though is that perhaps we do have the grit after all to be competitive within the playoffs. 2017/18 Fulham win (and won) this game 3-0 after weathering the storm.

ffcne

Quote from: howitis on February 12, 2020, 09:43:51 PM
Hector been a revelation but there is no fluidity to our play and the midfield looks so disjointed.

Totally agree Midfield letting us down.
Arter Why ?Onomah bang average
Cairney not giving enough.

Neil D

I think Millwall -  a team of industrious plodders - deliberately 'cultivate' that farmyard of a pitch to disadvantage the footballing sides that play there.

FFC1987

Quote from: Neil D on February 12, 2020, 09:50:26 PM
I think Millwall -  a team of industrious plodders - deliberately 'cultivate' that farmyard of a pitch to disadvantage the footballing sides that play there.

Maybe, but how many chances did WestBrom create on the same turf?

Sting of the North

Quote from: howitis on February 12, 2020, 09:43:51 PM

We are trailing automatics on goal difference. We, along with 6 other teams have a very good chance of finishing in top 2.

The midfield looks ok even sometimes good when Cairney is not the only one with a mature footballing brain. So today it looked hopeless.

ffcne

Quote from: FFC1987 on February 12, 2020, 09:51:08 PM

Maybe, but how many chances did WestBrom create on the same turf?

Over 20

Sting of the North

Quote from: fulhamben on February 12, 2020, 09:40:31 PM
Honestly I'm not sure I want to go up with this team. Can't remember the last time we had a good game

We had a good game 4 days ago, for example.

Mince n Tatties

Let's take the point,we got lucky with penalty miss.
Barnsley Sat,Leeds play Bristol, so we could be in automatic Sat evening.

Riversider

The exact same pitch that WBA gave them a footballing lesson on last Sunday

fulhamben

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 12, 2020, 09:53:31 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on February 12, 2020, 09:40:31 PM

We had a good game 4 days ago, for example.
did we, thought we did well to hang on personally
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Jurassic Parker

Quote from: Riversider on February 12, 2020, 09:54:15 PM

The exact same pitch that beat Leeds and Brentford, drew with Forest. Not sure why everyones being short sighted, this was a good result made average by a poor refereeing decision.

Sgt Fulham

It will sound like sour grapes now but I have always hated this. If you have a team that plays at such a high level then you should require a certain standard of pitch. A team that plays more physical long-ball football is not disadvantaged by such a pitch, but a team that plays passing and possession-based football is. If you flip it round, the hoofball teams are not disadvantaged by a smooth pitch so it's not really tit for tat. Football at such a level should not be influenced by how muddy or rough a pitch is. And let's not weep for smaller teams who 'can't afford it'. At this level, they can.

FFC1987

Quote from: Jurassic Parker on February 12, 2020, 09:55:29 PM
Quote from: Riversider on February 12, 2020, 09:54:15 PM

The exact same pitch that beat Leeds and Brentford, drew with Forest. Not sure why everyones being short sighted, this was a good result made average by a poor refereeing decision.

And made average but our complete lack of creativity and ambition to score. We really didn't press at all. Hats off to Millwall, they worked their shorts off.

Mince n Tatties

Shaun Hutchinson had a good game for them.

FFC1987

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 12, 2020, 09:58:21 PM
Shaun Hutchinson had a good game for them.

I thought Wallace had a good game too.