watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Poor result

Started by fulhamben, February 12, 2020, 09:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgin

We do have these games now and again, we look ragged but we were ripped off with their goal.

KJS

A point away a dodgy set of officials our unbeaten run continues and still idiots moan🙄🙄🙄🙄

Woolly Mammoth

Under the circumstances I am satisfied with an away point. Lots of room for improvement, but we are never going to keep the ball for 90 minutes, Millwall were not going to lay down on their own patch two games in a row, it was never going to be easy.
Look at it this way, we were 1 0 up early, and they get a goal that should have been disallowed, goals change games, and that's football.
What we do now is to bring on Barnsley, let Fulham recover from tonight, and prepare and organise for Saturday. Too much dissecting and people looking for an excuse to moan whether we win lose or draw.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FFC1987

Quote from: KJS on February 12, 2020, 10:17:49 PM
A point away a dodgy set of officials our unbeaten run continues and still idiots moan🙄🙄🙄🙄

Why do you bother? All you ever do is come on here and call people names etc. Grow up.

Bokonon

The way I look at it is that we were a whisker away from a 1 - 0 win, and we didn't even start our best XI.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 12, 2020, 10:17:54 PM
Under the circumstances I am satisfied with an away point. Lots of room for improvement, but we are never going to keep the ball for 90 minutes, Millwall were not going to lay down on their own patch two games in a row, it was never going to be easy.
Look at it this way, we were 1 0 up early, and they get a goal that should have disallowed, goals change games, and that's football.
What we do now is to bring on Barnsley, let Fulham recover from tonight, and prepare and organise for Saturday. Too much dissecting and people looking for an excuse to moan whether we win lose or draw.

The pachyderm speaks truth!
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 12, 2020, 10:17:54 PM
Look at it this way, we were 1 0 up early, and they get a goal that should have been disallowed, goals change games, and that's football.

👍

joef

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 12, 2020, 09:53:52 PM
Let's take the point,we got lucky with penalty miss.
Barnsley Sat,Leeds play Bristol, so we could be in automatic Sat evening.
👆🏻This

Statto

The result was fine in isolation, as the last few months have been generally

The problem is we were sub-par for the first third of the season and always going to need something special to compensate for that. Whilst we're playing ok at the moment, we just aren't quite doing well enough to penetrate the top 2

But we've kept pace, at least

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 12, 2020, 09:53:31 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on February 12, 2020, 09:40:31 PM
Honestly I'm not sure I want to go up with this team. Can't remember the last time we had a good game

We had a good game 4 days ago, for example.

No we didn't ! All the issues seen tonight were present on Saturday! Hector good is about all I can say at the moment; that midfield is appalling

Milo

Think saying their goal should've been offside and Kebano's last minute header could've gone in is a huge over-simplification from Parker.

ALG01

we haven't played well for ages
we missed K mac badly
it was never going to be our night and in the end we weathered the first half storm and a point whilst OK was a shame because second half we were in a different class
tactics very wrong first half
onomah? I am not really a fan and he needs a spell on the bench would prefer the to see bobby rreid central

saturday is the proper test.. bottom side, we just have to  not just win.

MaidenheadMick

So much ability in this team, yet only turn it on sporadically. Can't get my head round why we only go for it now and again. Too many sideways passes. Cairney being the biggest culprit. Is it me or does he not seem bothered

Huxley

Quote from: MaidenheadMick on February 13, 2020, 12:15:40 AM
So much ability in this team, yet only turn it on sporadically. Can't get my head round why we only go for it now and again. Too many sideways passes. Cairney being the biggest culprit. Is it me or does he not seem bothered

If there's no one to pass to forwards, then side ways is better than backwards... mitrovic was offside most of time, and although brilliant in his own way, isn't one to run into channels/beat someone with pace.

Milo

Quote from: ALG01 on February 12, 2020, 11:43:58 PM
we missed K mac badly
it was never going to be our night and in the end we weathered the first half storm and a point whilst OK was a shame because second half we were in a different class
onomah? I am not really a fan and he needs a spell on the bench would prefer the to see bobby rreid central

Would like to see us actually push ourselves and TRY to turn it on.

Cav Mitro Knockaert
Reid
Cairney/Johansen KMac
Bryan Ream Hector Odoi
Rodak

Have a bit of an attacking formation and go up a gear!

fulhamben

Quote from: Milo on February 13, 2020, 12:56:38 AM
Quote from: ALG01 on February 12, 2020, 11:43:58 PM
we missed K mac badly

Would like to see us actually push ourselves and TRY to turn it on.

Cav Mitro Knockaert
Reid
Cairney/Johansen KMac
Bryan Ream Hector Odoi
Rodak

Have a bit of an attacking formation and go up a gear!
i could get behind that
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Even at a lower level, we should know how to attack
Even  at the lower level I played in we knew that defenders hate to be 'turned'
and played to that weekness.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

toshes mate

I have told it before as I see it that Parker's team selections, formations, tactics, and in game management can be all over the place but nowhere near the consistency required to be a convincing outfit.

Forget the offside debacle because a goal was given.  Think more about the ridiculous rushing at opponents and not winning the ball which spread faster than a virus around this team.  Even Hector caught the bug.  Think about how easily our opponents outthought and outfought us once that goal was given in the first half.  The second was more even but we still lacked composure and method.  Parker needs to wise up and pick horses for courses for the long term and not get carried away with little bursts of apparent form which mislead all but those who should know better.

Poor team selection via poor analysis of where the team needs to be composed - central midfield MrP - in order to stop our defence being vulnerable.

hovewhite

Thought it was a poor showing the lad from spurs ,just not as good as Stefan also would have have kept Kev mc in and started cav instead of AK.plus side ,Hector who seems class.

Sting of the North

Quote from: toshes mate on February 13, 2020, 08:24:14 AM
I have told it before as I see it that Parker's team selections, formations, tactics, and in game management can be all over the place but nowhere near the consistency required to be a convincing outfit.

Forget the offside debacle because a goal was given.  Think more about the ridiculous rushing at opponents and not winning the ball which spread faster than a virus around this team.  Even Hector caught the bug.  Think about how easily our opponents outthought and outfought us once that goal was given in the first half.  The second was more even but we still lacked composure and method.  Parker needs to wise up and pick horses for courses for the long term and not get carried away with little bursts of apparent form which mislead all but those who should know better.

Poor team selection via poor analysis of where the team needs to be composed - central midfield MrP - in order to stop our defence being vulnerable.

This. Doesn't matter that individual midfielders may play well, because so far this season the midfield three has rarely (if ever) looked like a unit. As long as they don't, we are bound to see this huge inconsistency both between games but also within games. In that way it's the opposite of Jokanovic's team, because those three looked like they had played together all their life. They are all still here by the way...