watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

AK47 and Arter

Started by Spirit of 2000, February 12, 2020, 09:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirit of 2000

Should not be starting for us unless we have injuries,  both very poor tonight.

Milo

Admittedly AK hasn't had much of a sniff and Arter has been injured.. both need a few games before judgment can be passed.. but agree AK was largely ineffective and Arter only really offered us a sideways pass. Arter did however find space on occasion and offered an outlet.. always wanted the ball etc.

Facts Not Fiction

Agree. Today showed that it's not just Rodak and Hector that completes our side, McDonald does too.

Fernhurst

Bobby Reid had a mare also.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Mince n Tatties

Don't know what people see in AK,looks like a league 1 player sometimes.. Got no football brain imo.

Hatch007

Quote from: Fernhurst on February 12, 2020, 09:54:48 PM
I was at the game on Saturday and thought he was lucky not to be subbed. A quality player on his day but had a couple of poor performances in the last two matches

Dodgin

Harry Arter had a big part in the opening goal. He does worry with his persistsnt arguing, that he is waiting for another red card.

Baszab

Cav couldn't get into the game exactly the same as AK couldn't
They blocked those channels out - despite Hector lumping it into the corners all first  half

Thought we were extremely unlucky (again)
Without their ridiculous goal we would have walked that game - and to hit the bar in the last minute was desperately unlucky

bobby01

Agree with the above and I really cannot remember cairney doing a forward pass, always backwards and sideways.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Baszab on February 12, 2020, 10:14:28 PM
They blocked those channels out - despite Hector lumping it into the corners all first  half

Without their ridiculous goal we would have walked that game - and to hit the bar in the last minute was desperately unlucky

Unlucky?
More lucky they missed pen.

Statto

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on February 12, 2020, 09:50:47 PM
Should not be starting for us unless we have injuries,  both very poor tonight.

Well we do have injuries
Reed and Knockaert and McDonald likely fatigued
Not to mention Kongolo and Mawson

Although with that said, tonight's starting XI wouldn't have been my choice

Milo

Quote from: Baszab on February 12, 2020, 10:14:28 PM

Glad someone else has noticed Hector's passing flaws.

He is great across the floor.. but as soon as he goes in the air it balloons straight to their man and we lose possession.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: bobby01 on February 12, 2020, 10:20:47 PM
Agree with the above and I really cannot remember cairney doing a forward pass, always backwards and sideways.

Agree !

Mullers OG

What is Kamara doing in this team?  Cavaleiro, Knockhaert and Kebano are all far better players.  Kamara did nothing tonight and looked totally out of his depth.  Like Mince and Tatties above I can't understand what some on this board see in him.  It just shows we all have different opinions, I suppose.  When Kebano came on he looked more threatening in a few minutes, as he did earlier in the season against Bristol City.  We should see more of him, if not starting but off the bench.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Hatch007 on February 12, 2020, 09:56:42 PM
Quote from: Fernhurst on February 12, 2020, 09:54:48 PM
I was at the game on Saturday and thought he was lucky not to be subbed. A quality player on his day but had a couple of poor performances in the last two matches

Me too and I agree; Bobby was poor on Saturday and poor tonight ! Saturday was not great and considering Blackburn were very poor going forward our MOTM was Hector 🤔 !

Spirit of 2000

Hector superb, passing in the air apart he defended brilliantly  and was my MOM. AK47 as ever offers nothing but pace and power, poor technique and intelligence,  as for Arter he offered nothing, Stef Jo must be gutted hes not getting a look in. Parker was generally poor tonight IMO based on selection and tactics.

fulhamfan

AK should be an impact sub only to cause mayhem

bog

On the Radio London commentary last night Paul Parker was quite scathing about Harry Arter's performance. How did he play?   

FFCFOREVER

Very poor. Contributed very little and a liability in the sense that he is a red card waiting to happen.

hovewhite

Don't rate him,should have returned him to bouremouth  the last window!