more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

moore sent off at bolton, derby debacle, halsey penalty V arsenal, now this

Started by ALG01, February 12, 2020, 11:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

all of these were 100% wrong by the officials
I was at three of them but not tonight... on each occasion a blind man could see the referees/officials got it wrong and not just slightly wrong mega wrong, this isn't rub of the green stuff it is bread and butter completely cheating and/or incompetent wrong. I have no faith whatsoever in the refs or libnesemen. i do not think it cuts both ways, i think their personal likes/dislikes/prejudices coolours their jugdments.... i have seen it way too often and the same refs and officials are involved over and over.... the people running the game are not interested in the game being fair, it is way to corrupt at the top for that.

what we saw today would have been waved by a sunday morning linesman from the attacking team as offside... i cannot explain the wrong decision, I know it would have been impossible at the other end of the pitch.

Baszab

Absolutely pathetic decision that would have been flagged offside 99 times out of a 100

I think the linesman was scared stiff and totally intimidated by the home crowd - the officials should be made to apologise and be demoted

Very weak - similar to Derby away

ALG01

Quote from: Baszab on February 13, 2020, 07:54:29 AM
Absolutely pathetic decision that would have been flagged offside 99 times out of a 100

I think the linesman was scared stiff and totally intimidated by the home crowd - the officials should be made to apologise and be demoted

Very weak - similar to Derby away

and whilst i know you were not at bolton all those years ago, I was and that was equally poor.

I do not think these things even up, that was not a close 50:50 call at all it was obvious.

And the opposition managers are pathetic too, he should have had the good grace to say, yes we were fortunate to get a lucky call.

toshes mate

I certainly share the OP's despair over poor officiating.  It may often feel that it always happens to us but travesty seems to happen at least once in most matches played.  I am almost beside myself when I see a game properly managed by officials to the point you can forget the officials are even involved which is how it should be and, just perhaps, may have been.  Last night's poor decision was made all the worse since referee and assistant had the opportunity to right the wrong and blew it.  Sadly the FA, the PL, and the EFL seem disinterested in restoring referees to a reasonable level presumably because they believe the investment made would be wasted.   It is going to get worse, much worse, before it gets better.

Logicalman

Quote from: toshes mate on February 13, 2020, 12:41:19 PM
I certainly share the OP's despair over poor officiating.  It may often feel that it always happens to us but travesty seems to happen at least once in most matches played.  I am almost beside myself when I see a game properly managed by officials to the point you can forget the officials are even involved which is how it should be and, just perhaps, may have been.  Last night's poor decision was made all the worse since referee and assistant had the opportunity to right the wrong and blew it.  Sadly the FA, the PL, and the EFL seem disinterested in restoring referees to a reasonable level presumably because they believe the investment made would be wasted.   It is going to get worse, much worse, before it gets better.

.. and that's where the the argument falters. They had NO opportunity to right the wrong, as the Ref was not in a position to see the offside, only the linesman was, and he failed to give it initially, so there was nothing further he could consider to change that opinion.
This is precisely why the argument for VAR was made to begin with, but, as we all know, the well know phrase including "Brewery, Piss-Up and Organize" is not something the footballing authorities are capable of achieving.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Allestree andy

Quote from: Logicalman on February 13, 2020, 12:59:01 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on February 13, 2020, 12:41:19 PM

.. and that's where the the argument falters. They had NO opportunity to right the wrong, as the Ref was not in a position to see the offside, only the linesman was, and he failed to give it initially, so there was nothing further he could consider to change that opinion.
This is precisely why the argument for VAR was made to begin with, but, as we all know, the well know phrase including "Brewery, Piss-Up and Organize" is not something the footballing authorities are capable of achieving.
ths is why referees are leaving by there droves its jobs for the boys, being an ex referee and having officated at a good level i have seen assessors say to referees and i quote "dont worry about it i wont mark you down see you next season" The P.L PGMO and the EFL ned to be acountable for this lets take for example that ref Jeremary Simpson (bristol cuty) need i say more he was back referring with in two weeks says it all really
To the limit and beyond

res

Quote from: ALG01 on February 12, 2020, 11:53:03 PM
I was at three of them but not tonight... on each occasion a blind man could see the referees/officials got it wrong and not just slightly wrong mega wrong, this isn't rub of the green stuff it is bread and butter completely cheating and/or incompetent wrong. I have no faith whatsoever in the refs or libnesemen. i do not think it cuts both ways, i think their personal likes/dislikes/prejudices coolours their jugdments.... i have seen it way too often and the same refs and officials are involved over and over.... the people running the game are not interested in the game being fair, it is way to corrupt at the top for that.

what we saw today would have been waved by a sunday morning linesman from the attacking team as offside... i cannot explain the wrong decision, I know it would have been impossible at the other end of the pitch.

Add a few others like the penalty not given, in added time against Bristol City, earlier this season, and Kebuna's shot against Leeds which nearly hit the net before bouncing out (but not given) a couple of years ago.

Having said that...does it even itself out? Blackburn will claim that they had a legitimate late equaliser incorrectly ruled out for offside against us a couple of weeks ago...camera angles not clear on that but it did appear that when the Blackburn pass was made, the"scorer" was onside.

ALG01

Quote from: res on February 13, 2020, 01:46:10 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on February 12, 2020, 11:53:03 PM

Add a few others like the penalty not given, in added time against Bristol City, earlier this season, and Kebuna's shot against Leeds which nearly hit the net before bouncing out (but not given) a couple of years ago.

Having said that...does it even itself out? Blackburn will claim that they had a legitimate late equaliser incorrectly ruled out for offside against us a couple of weeks ago...camera angles not clear on that but it did appear that when the Blackburn pass was made, the"scorer" was onside.

There are some that are tight and you can understand the issue of not sure, yesterday was clear IMO.

And no in truth i do not think it evens out. some teams and some grounds are more even than others. yes we have a couple in our favour now and then but not ones where my eyebrows raise that high, but against us? loads.... and the test is would it have been the same descision at the other end eg Mitro at liverpool would have been a goal if it wre liverpool and the rolling ball that followed would have been called back.  Murphy being hacked down and mr oliver at old traffordd, halsey and arsenal andy D'urso and any game he officiated us in was never even handed nor was three yellow Poll ever even handed when in a fulham match.

I do understand errors and can spot a poor ref because he is poor for both, what i cannot accept is he is poor for one but not the other.

Woolly Mammoth

Your right nothing evens itself out by the end of a season, that is a myth of Biblical Proportions.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Sgt Fulham

It doesnt even itself out and the general standard of referring is appalling in the Championship. I just accept it now because nothing ever changes. Complaining doesnt give us 2 points and refs are untouchable.

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife