watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

AK47 and Arter

Started by Spirit of 2000, February 12, 2020, 09:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pluto

He clearly has talent, just seems to be an incredibly inconsistent player. Not sure if it's an effort thing but he's better as an impact guy off the bench for me.

MikeW

Seems to have a real problem with personal discipline. Constantly in the ref's ear - and not politely - so yellow/red/off is inevitable.  And frankly looks past it as a player.  Stephjo every time in his position.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Woolly Mammoth

I have been a fan of Harry Arter, but he blotted his copy book again Tuesday night, and he did not look match fit.
His constant nagging of the referee was tiresome. I know he not as match fit as he can be, but he must control his discipline. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fernhurst

Quote from: bog on February 13, 2020, 03:51:16 PM
On the Radio London commentary last night Paul Parker was quite scathing about Harry Arter's performance. How did he play?   

Captain, in truth we had a few off the pace, Harry, Bobby Reid , Kamara did not make sufficient impact to have an effect on the result.
Currently we do not look as "grown up" or confident as WBA.
Let's hope we can bag a good result on Saturday and increase our confidence.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Twig

I thought he was pretty ineffective and as others have said, his constant complaining to the ref was an irritating distraction.

AK did struggle to make an impact but at least he plugging away.  Bobby D-R showed flashes but it wasn't really his day.  But these two players will have better days, I'm not convinced Arter will, Stef Jo every time for me.

davew

He was rubbish, but was not alone! Very poor all round and we are not looking like automatic promotion candidates, with a lot of sub standard performances this year I am amazed we are in the top 6 let alone 3rd and tied with Leeds! We cannot continue to ride our luck, a lot of teams on a good run and more importantly they are playing well, we have to raise our standards, sooner rather than later.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Milo

Bog, have merged your thread with this one as there was quite a lot of good debate on Arter that was relevant to your OP.

HV71

I have always admired Arter's commitment and enthusiasm - this is a guy who wants to play the game and give it his all . The problem is that the enthusiasm, commitment and tenacity seems to come with equal measures of stupidity . He cannot be thinking about what he is doing - his constant arguing with the officials last night( even when coming off ) was simply brain dead. Toshes Mate  , on another thread ,was rightly calling for us to show some composure- well that's almost impossible when this guy is on the pitch

Sting of the North

I am certainly no fan of Arter, and think he has been quite poor most games this season. But reading this thread you would think that he got red carded and cost us the game. He was just one of many who didn't look up to it yesterday, no need for one of these threads against flavor of the week scape goat every time we don't win (and sometimes even when we win) in my opinion. It's Onomah one week, Ream another, or Kamara, or Knockaert, or Cav. Or Cairney. Maybe players have bad games and that can be it. Arter is a half decent player that may still have a part to play this season.

I also believe AK had a pretty poor game, but am surprised that many still can't understand what he brings when he's on his game. It's not as if he has had a chance to really come into his own this season. If we compare with Kebano, at least AK actually scores quite often (although I admit that Kebano's been unlucky, but it's been 3 years now without him contributing much in goals or assists). AK may look poor sometimes, but he scores more than his fair share, whereas Kebano is kind of the opposite. I know what I prefer. Neither player gets a very fair chance to establish themselves though...

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 13, 2020, 08:09:34 PM
I am certainly no fan of Arter, and think he has been quite poor most games this season. But reading this thread you would think that he got red carded and cost us the game. He was just one of many who didn't look up to it yesterday, no need for one of these threads against flavor of the week scape goat every time we don't win (and sometimes even when we win) in my opinion. It's Onomah one week, Ream another, or Kamara, or Knockaert, or Cav. Or Cairney. Maybe players have bad games and that can be it. Arter is a half decent player that may still have a part to play this season.

I also believe AK had a pretty poor game, but am surprised that many still can't understand what he brings when he's on his game. It's not as if he has had a chance to really come into his own this season. If we compare with Kebano, at least AK actually scores quite often (although I admit that Kebano's been unlucky, but it's been 3 years now without him contributing much in goals or assists). AK may look poor sometimes, but he scores more than his fair share, whereas Kebano is kind of the opposite. I know what I prefer. Neither player gets a very fair chance to establish themselves though...

Agree with all this.

ByTheRiver

He was desperately poor last night but so were most others and, for me, I think he comes on late for Mitro/covers CF. Where he is a bit more free, can press from the front (like that game against QPR) and cause havoc. Playing wide doesn't suit his skill set. Yes, he has superb pace, but he doesn't have the crossing ability, the final ball or the creative intelligence to play that position. Play to his (quite considerable) strengths by playing him at CF or don't play him.

70sPimlico

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on February 12, 2020, 10:57:34 PM
Quote from: bobby01 on February 12, 2020, 10:20:47 PM
Agree with the above and I really cannot remember cairney doing a forward pass, always backwards and sideways.

Agree !

Yes. But, presumably under instruction

Jims Dentist

Quote from: ByTheRiver on February 13, 2020, 11:18:53 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on February 13, 2020, 08:09:34 PM

Agree with all this.
Me also

Jims Dentist

For me both KMac and a fit Harrison Reed at DMF before Arter.
Agree AK best suited as an impact sub.
Bobby Reid's best games have been in the 10 role behind Mitro, but has only rarely been selected to play there.

alfie

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on February 12, 2020, 09:50:47 PM
Should not be starting for us unless we have injuries,  both very poor tonight.

It's easy to say in hindsight, because nobody knows how anyone will play until they actually play, they may well have been great in training.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't