Author Topic: Manager next season  (Read 1989 times)

Offline Riversider

• MAESTRO
  • The Red Hand of Fulham
Re: Manager next season
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2020, 08:59:51 PM »
As I've said previously in another thread, if we finish outside of the play offs (which could happen) he should be sacked in May, no questions asked.

Offline Mickeyboro

• tjl
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2020, 09:00:25 PM »
I understand your comment. If you remember Bracewell and Wilkins though...

Offline sunburywhite

• cebu
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2020, 09:09:54 PM »
If its hypothetical why worry about it

Hypothetically would Guardiola have enough moeny to buy the paleys he wants next season when he replaces Parker

Hypothetically would Messi like to see out his career at Craven Cottage

Hypothetically can Fulham win the World Cup

Offline FFCFOREVER

• Graham Leggat
  • Its nice to be important but important to be nice.
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2020, 09:18:10 PM »

Hypothetically would Guardiola have enough moeny to buy the paleys he wants next season when he replaces Parker

Because it's a forum for discussions as the OP points out.

Offline sunburywhite

• cebu
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2020, 09:19:01 PM »

Because it's a forum for discussions.

Good
Then Hypothetically would Messi like to see out his career at Craven Cottage

Offline sunburywhite

• cebu
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2020, 09:19:50 PM »
Its a negative dig hidden in a post

Offline Steven Ageroad

• Legend
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2020, 09:26:36 PM »
We have not heard from Fulhamben yet, Parker’s Number one fan!

Offline Woolly Mammoth

• Cliffy Dean
  • Not one step back.
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2020, 09:55:37 PM »
He is currently unavailable as he is busy hanging a portrait of Scott on his bedroom wall.

Offline The Rational Fan

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2020, 09:58:05 PM »
A Coaches Job is to improve Players

Here are my pre-Hector and KMac ratings of the team:

GK - my expectation 8/10 and performance 9/10 (overperformed)
CB - my expectation 7/10 and performance 7/10 (performed)
RB - my expectation 6/10 and performance 7/10 (overperformed)
LB - my expectation 9/10 and performance 7/10 (underperformed)
DM - my expectation 8/10 and performance 6/10 (underperformed)
CM - my expectation 8/10 and performance 7/10 (underperformed)
AM - my expectation 9/10 and performance 7/10 (underperformed)
RW - my expectation 9/10 and performance 6/10 (underperforned)
LW - my expectation 9/10 and performance 7/10 (underperformed)
CF - my expectation 9/10 and performance 10/10 (overperformed)
Attacking Subs - my expectation 8/10 and performance 5/10 (underperformed) 

There is a lot more underperformance than overperformance in this team. I also think as a manager, his rotation, injury prevention and substitutions haven’t been done well.

What is more I don’t attribute the massive overperformance of Rodak, Hector and Mitro to Parker, which maybe unfair. I also don’t blame him for the underperformance at LB (that is Bryan fault) because he only has one option that would be expected to get better than 7/10 and do credit him with doing a good job with limited resources at RB, RCB and LCB.

But i do consider the underperformance at DM, CM, AM, RW, LW and attacking subs as areas of coaching underperformance, especially as he has a lot of options and none really stepped up to my expectations.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 10:34:20 PM by The Rational Fan »

Offline 70sPimlico

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2020, 11:02:01 PM »
We sacked Bobby Robson early in his managerial career and that was rather a big mistake.

Let's be honest, we hang on too long most of the time

Offline 70sPimlico

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2020, 11:17:28 PM »
100% stick. A young coach playing modern football, learning and getting better all the time. We can't keep changing managers, we need some stability and to build an identity across all age groups as a club. We've seen much more experienced managers not do as well as Parker. His win percentage must be better than pretty much every manager since Roy?

The players love and trust him too. Think Mitro and TC would've stuck around for another manager? This is worth a lot in itself.

Lampard didn't get Derby promoted yet was rewarded with the Chelsea job where he is regarded at this point as doing a decent job. To the Parker Out brigade, careful what you wish for I say.
I want him to work, I really do. But, I have started to have the early signs of a manager just not working.

I'm keen to learn what this "modern football" you refer to, is?

We started the season playing a wholly possession based game building from the back. Unfortunately, imho it was not done very well. OK, when teams sit back and give us space but the opposition haven't been very nice at all and tend to push us high and fly into us. We are Too rigid with no variation, defensive midfielders not dropping enough to receive and then interchanging with the pushed full backs. It's all too slow and safety-first. This just leads to us being easy to overpower.

So, that's not really working, so we start to go a bit longer. That doesn't really work as their full backs cover our wide players and Mitro used so one dimensionally.

Hector does a great pass against Huddersfield that leads to a great goal. Now it appears the defence has been instructed it to give it to him to just play Hollywood passes in the hope it might work again.

If its the same stuff against Barnsley, I think that will be enough for me. Up the tempo, play forward more often, interchange up top, keep three players up top at times to make the opposition unsure when to push etc.

Offline Hatch007

• tjl
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2020, 11:20:02 PM »
Well we certainly couldn't give him any better players than he's got currently
[/quote]

I would seriously question that from a defence perspective.

I think we all agree we would have done better prior to Christmas had Hector been available and many on here would like to see an upgrade at one of, if not both, of the full back positions.

Offline FFC1987

• Legend
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2020, 11:26:16 PM »
Tough one but I always said it was top 2 or nothing really and I stick by that. I know we like to argue about the quality of the squad but its there and our performances for first 1/3 of season were woeful. He had a lot of time to get the season ready but failed and in my opinion, has likely cost us what should of been a decent top 2 finish, potentially even winners which would of been amazing. I'm pessimistic at this stage and we still might win it/finish second but it's a tall order I think.

Long and short, I'd prefer to look elsewhere next year unless we're top 2. I've not enjoyed the football really, and we've really sold ourselves short in some games against lower table oppo by being too negative and no where near ambitious enough. For that reason, Scotty in the Prem could be a disaster.

Offline Andy S

• cebu
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2020, 12:03:18 AM »
There is little point sacking Parker if it means any new manager will want to rebuild the squad. If we don’t make it we won’t be far away. I say keep Parker no matter what happens

Offline The Rational Fan

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2020, 12:37:25 AM »
There is little point sacking Parker if it means any new manager will want to rebuild the squad. If we don’t make it we won’t be far away. I say keep Parker no matter what happens

True, but if we lose Mitro in the summer a rebuild will be needed. If we can keep Mitro, then Parker staying course maybe advisable.

Offline Milo

• Global Moderator
  • The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2020, 12:38:35 AM »
I think it’s important to analyse his style and how it’s changed over time as I discuss in my other thread.

It appears it begun as a Jokanovic possession based football style, but more direct. Now I feel it’s becoming more defensive minded and I fear Parker will continue to become more and more defensive until you can no longer identify the Jokanovic traits.

Now I’m not saying it won’t be effective.. it just depends what you like turning up each week to watch..

Offline The Rational Fan

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2020, 12:57:55 AM »
I think it’s important to analyse his style and how it’s changed over time as I discuss in my other thread.

It appears it begun as a Jokanovic possession based football style, but more direct. Now I feel it’s becoming more defensive minded and I fear Parker will continue to become more and more defensive until you can no longer identify the Jokanovic traits.

Now I’m not saying it won’t be effective.. it just depends what you like turning up each week to watch..

We have the best striker in the league, but in the last 14 games we have only scored 18 goals (8 Mitro, 4 Reid, and the rest 6 goals). I don't think we can get automatic promotion scoring a goal per game, because I don't think we have the defensive players to keep clean sheets in the majority of games.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 01:09:05 AM by The Rational Fan »

Offline Robbie

• Legend
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2020, 01:11:26 AM »
This is bonkers. If we make the Play Offs he stays. Leeds have not sacked their manager ... why would we gift this disruption to our rivals.

Changing manager every nine months got us knowwhere.

Offline RaySmith

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2020, 03:03:49 AM »
Mad to think that making the play -off's isn't a decent season.
We still have a very good chance of automatic , anyway.

People write as if none of our opponents have good players too.

The modern mania for begrudging criticism of everyone and everything, with  a yardstick of continuous and infallible perfection, the whole time, drives me mad.

Whatever happened to the concept of 'supporting' your manager and team?

Offline The Rational Fan

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2020, 03:53:40 AM »
In fairness, there are very few "Parker-Ins" changing to "Parker-Outs", but also very few of those never wanted Parker are changing their mind to "Parker-In".