Author Topic: Manager next season  (Read 1994 times)

Offline colinwhite

• Jimmy Hill
Re: Manager next season
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2020, 03:25:40 PM »
Jokanovic did a great job for us. But he didnt get it right in the PL. I was very sorry to see him go. As well as Mitro he had Sessignon and  his 16 goals plus Target and Fredricks. So to say he didnt get supported by the club just isnt true. Then 100mill was spent on players.
By the way Statto werent Stoke favourites to go straight back up last season?

Offline Mince n Tatties

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2020, 03:26:40 PM »
Talksh#t pundits saying rumour going round that Leeds Boss will go if they lose to Bristol tomorrow.

Offline I Ronic

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2020, 04:43:48 PM »
In everyone of these should we shouldn't we arguments SJ is brought up to show the errors the Khans have made and Scott Parkers weaknesses. So if the club was so wrong to let him go why hasn't anybody else of note picked him up?
We're third and equal on points with second. If automatic promotion is the aim then we're on target for that (as are several other teams). If some are going to persist with comparisons between Scott and SJ then at least remember his line "I only look one game ahead."
You'd have to ask SJ 'why hasn't anybody else of note picked him up' (the cheapest shot in your armoury I do sincerely hope) but a more relevant and more pertinent question would be 'why was he coaching in Israel after his success at Watford'?  If some persist in finding comparisons with Parker irksome then that may be down to their fear of the absence of legitimate counter argument.  I defend SJ with facts as evidence and I was even polite enough not to point out why SJ was marginalised at all because there are more than two potential and possible reasons but I have no proof of correlation other than the time of year.  I rather suspect TK found SJ's professionalism to be immune to TK's 'adore me' personality and it was not as good a relationship as it could and should have been.  As for SJ quotes I think his team's football said all we needed to know about him.  More's the pity that the Khans didn't get that at all.

It wasn't and isn't intended as a cheap shot. He's taken two Clubs out of the Championship into the Premiership. I'm genuinely surprised not to see him not managing a club either in the Championship or Premiership.
   SJ had been managing clubs for five or six years before he came to us. Scott's in his first full season. I don't think it's a fair comparison.
   I've no idea what went on between him and TK but it didn't appear to me like a great working relationship, unfortunately.
   SJ's tenure at the Club was in the main successful. As was Roy's. Hopefully Scott Parkers will be too. I just dont see the point in comparing when so many of the variables are different.

Offline toshes mate

• Gentleman Jim
  • Vitam Impendere Vero
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2020, 10:05:34 AM »
   It wasn't and isn't intended as a cheap shot. He's taken two Clubs out of the Championship into the Premiership. I'm genuinely surprised not to see him not managing a club either in the Championship or Premiership.
   SJ had been managing clubs for five or six years before he came to us. Scott's in his first full season. I don't think it's a fair comparison.
   I've no idea what went on between him and TK but it didn't appear to me like a great working relationship, unfortunately.
   SJ's tenure at the Club was in the main successful. As was Roy's. Hopefully Scott Parkers will be too. I just dont see the point in comparing when so many of the variables are different.
If you had written this new version (without a cheap shot) then we could have a debate but hey, wait a minute, you don't want to have a debate at all unless the variables are not variables at all?  So we can't look at Tigana, Wilkins, Macdonald, Robson, Hodgson et al because they were all different!!! Absurd.

Offline MaidenheadMick

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2020, 10:21:39 AM »
Talksh#t pundits saying rumour going round that Leeds Boss will go if they lose to Bristol tomorrow.
You can get 7/1 on a Bristol City win. Got to be worth a go.

Offline Woolly Mammoth

• Cliffy Dean
  • Not one step back.
« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2020, 10:33:55 AM »
Expert or Eggspert that is the question.
As defined in the English Oxford Collins Dictionary. What is an expert ?   A person who is very knowledgeable about or skilful in a particular area.
So who decides who is an expert, you, me, the man in the moon, Uncle Tom Cobbly, Wallace and Gromit ?
On the one hand you never come across a poor Bookmaker.
On the other hand if you start winning too much money, the bookie will cap your betting or block your account because they are handing over far too much money to you for their liking, and that is why you never come across a poor bookmaker.
Pubs up and down England are full of experts, because they are knowledgeable about football like people on this forum, and many are skilful in this area.
If a bookmaker told me night followed day, I would go and ask somebody else.