watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kongolo injured for the rest of the season

Started by twang, February 13, 2020, 03:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twang

Scott Parker revealed on Thursday the upsetting news that Terence Kongolo will not play again this season.

The on-loan defender picked up an injury moments after coming off the bench at Blackburn Rovers last week, something he will not recover from in time to feature again in 2019/20.

"Obviously we're absolutely devastated for Terence," Parker told FFCtv. "He's come in, a player which we liked and one we thought could bring something to the squad and to the team.

"I think I've said on numerous occasions that he probably gives us a different attribute to what we have in defence.

"It's just such a shame for him that in his second game he comes on and in his first action he damages his foot.

"He's going to be out for the remainder of the season, and he'll be missed. It's gutting."

That was the only real update on the medical front, although Parker is optimistic Anthony Knockaert could be back in contention for our meeting with Barnsley at Craven Cottage on Saturday.

"Harrison Reed is still in the treatment room at this present moment in time," he said. "Anthony Knockaert, who fell ill the day before the game against Millwall, I'm hoping will recover and be around it for the weekend. Everything else, is what it is."

Fernhurst

Rumour on instagram ...... can anyone confirm?

If he requires complicated surgery and extensive rehab, do Huddersfield pick up the bills??
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Milo

Confirmed on official Instagram.

He had a good innings.

fulhamfan

i would assume loan is terminated and he returns to parent club

Milo

Instagram seemed to make out it's related to a Euston train incident although maybe a joke..?

ffcthereligion

Tony Khan strikes again! Times like this you can only laugh.

064.gif

west kowloon white

Hardly Tony Khan's fault- not sure that was a dig or joke.

Statto

Quote from: fulhamross on February 13, 2020, 03:24:07 PM
i would assume loan is terminated and he returns to parent club

No idea what the convention is but it would be galling if we cannot terminate and have to keep paying his wages, and any loan fee

ALG01

i have not got this as TK's fault. Sometimes stuff happens.
Mawson was cleary an error but not this.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Firstly either we or Huddersfield are probably covered by insurance but I would have thought that he has already returned to Huddersfield for treatment.

Sting of the North

Quote from: gang on February 13, 2020, 05:28:27 PM
I will bet the injured player normally returns to his parent club, but not with us we will be lumbered with his salary and treatment. Huddersfield manager was delighted to see him leave.

Do you think that football clubs don't have insurance for their valuable assets? And do you also believe that we structure our loan deals completely different from most clubs?

Gezza

Quote from: ffcthereligion on February 13, 2020, 03:34:01 PM

064.gif
Ridiculous post. How can you blame Tony Khan.

Statto

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 13, 2020, 05:39:48 PM
I will bet the injured player normally returns to his parent club, but not with us we will be lumbered with his salary and treatment. Huddersfield manager was delighted to see him leave.

Do you think that football clubs don't have insurance for their valuable assets? And do you also believe that we structure our loan deals completely different from most clubs?

I know nothing about the convention in this area. I could well imagine that clubs have insurance that pays out in the event that a player suffers a career-ending injury, but this is just a few months out. Do those suggesting our insurance will cover this, also think, for example, that our insurance covered Kamara's wages (and a portion of the transfer fee we paid for him) when he was out for a few weeks around Christmas?

Similarly, I wouldn't expect us to be able to terminate Kongolo's loan and claim back all or part of the loan fee if he suffered a more minor, very short-term injury, or a suspension. So I wouldn't be surprised if we're left liable for the loan fee and his wages here.

bobby01

I just feel sorry for the lad, I bet he thought he could resurrect his career here, and in his little cameo he looked like he could be a decent player.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

@jolslover

Quote from: bobby01 on February 13, 2020, 06:05:45 PM
I just feel sorry for the lad, I bet he thought he could resurrect his career here, and in his little cameo he looked like he could be a decent player.

Agree
STH H3

jarv

All players are covered by insurance. (Including wage I believe). Back in the day, even as a park footballer (half way decent) I bought insurance because the nhs looked at you as a weekend warrior. Their solution was....bandage it, rest for a month and you will be fine. I learnt my lesson when about 21, torn ankle ligaments, missed a whole season and it was never 100% thanks to the nhs non service.

Riversider

Quote from: Fernhurst on February 13, 2020, 03:14:34 PM
Rumour on instagram ...... can anyone confirm?

If he requires complicated surgery and extensive rehab, do Huddersfield pick up the bills??

He was injured whilst on duty for Fulham, will be shocked if Huddersfield have any financial liability, why would they ?

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: ffcthereligion on February 13, 2020, 03:34:01 PM

064.gif

Another WM, give it a rest.

gang

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 13, 2020, 05:39:48 PM

Yes, clubs have insurance.
Loan deals are for the individual clubs that make them and differ from club to club. We just seem to fall foul.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: bobby01 on February 13, 2020, 06:05:45 PM

Totally agree with this post.