more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Your 11 v Barnsley

Started by Friendsoffulham, February 13, 2020, 11:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

YOUR 11 v BARNSLEY

Wasn't to happy with Kamara given 90 mins v Millwall, always better as an impact sub, to rough up the oppositions defence, or, inject some pace, but if you're playing deep, and want him to control the ball, he's no good. Cavalerio should've started.

Arter was terrible all game, so would like to see KMac returning to the starting 11 v Barnsley.

Let us know your preferred 11 below

#FFC #FULHAMFC #FULBAR #FOF

The Rational Fan

The lineup will be fine, but I hope the first sub comes on between 50-65 minutes. I want the first two subs on earlier than Parker does them. As a team we often lack energy later in the game, an early Christie, Stefjo, Onamah, Kamara or Kebano subs helps.

Milo

Agree with OP!

All out attack for a change and let's do what we do best!

Snibbo

No way Onomah will be dropped,. One of our best v Millwall. Does a lot of dirty work that goes unnoticed

RaySmith

I liked his surges forward into the box,showing pace and strength, even if the end result  wasn't there.

But agree he grafts and does a lot of essential work all over the pitch.

ealex40

Hope Kebano comes on sooner. I still think he has more of an attacking clue than one or two of the starters. I seem to recall he has hit the bar in a couple of his appearances..... and hasn't wildly blasted the ball 20 feet over, like some. I wish they could be taught that the best teams score the simple tap-ins by being unselfish.

The Rational Fan

We need to work out our best XI before we play Preston

Our Best XI is:
             Mitro
??    ??        Cairney  ??
              ??
Bryan Ream Hector Odoi
             Rodak

Questions
#6 is KMac, Reed or Arter
#7 is Knockaert or Cav
#10 is Onamah, Stefjo or Reid
#11 is Cav or Kebano or Reid

Facts Not Fiction

Wouldn't mind seeing an experimentation with this

Rodak

Christie Hector Ream Odoi

Onomah McDonald Cairney

Cavaleiro Mitrovic Bryan

Bryan is hopeless defensively, but his recent attacking form is promising. Reid been poorer over last couple games, so a break may help him.

Twig

I agree to dropping Arter and AK from the starting 11.  That's a no brainer for me.  I think there is a debate to be had over Josh, he has something to offer but so do those in the OP's proposed starting 11.  personally I would like to see a slot for Stef Jo, he has added creativity and support for the attack when he has played.

Jim©

I'm still surprised that the jury seems to be out on Onomah. Again he was excellent on Wednesday and offers proper energy over 90 minutes, not in bursts like almost every other midfielder.
I can only assume that Arter came in to either rest Kmacs legs or as Kmac was on 4 yellows. TC also on 4 now after his un-Cairney-like clattering of a Millwall player.

ALG01

I like the OP line up, that would win
The manager's obsession with Onomah is a verty bad thing. Onomah offers way too littele ddespite clearly habving plenty of talent. But he doesn't use it it to the benefit of the team, he like one or two others before would do well to have a spell on the bench to refocus.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Jim© on February 14, 2020, 09:28:05 AM
I'm still surprised that the jury seems to be out on Onomah. Again he was excellent on Wednesday and offers proper energy over 90 minutes, not in bursts like almost every other midfielder.
I can only assume that Arter came in to either rest Kmacs legs or as Kmac was on 4 yellows. TC also on 4 now after his un-Cairney-like clattering of a Millwall player.

5 yellow suspension has passed. Its 10 yellows until the 37th game I believe, then 15.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: ALG01 on February 14, 2020, 09:53:13 AM
The manager's obsession with Onomah is a verty bad thing. Onomah offers way too littele ddespite clearly habving plenty of talent. But he doesn't use it it to the benefit of the team, he like one or two others before would do well to have a spell on the bench to refocus.

Don't think he needs to refocus, I think he's doing everything thats asked of him. He played a good role in bringing the ball from the defence and to the attack.

He's a player like no other in the squad. Johansen possibly most similar, but no where near as physical.

ALG01

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on February 14, 2020, 09:59:54 AM
Quote from: ALG01 on February 14, 2020, 09:53:13 AM

Don't think he needs to refocus, I think he's doing everything thats asked of him. He played a good role in bringing the ball from the defence and to the attack.

He's a player like no other in the squad. Johansen possibly most similar, but no where near as physical.

I do not think you are right, he is far too anonymous and if you read his own article in the papers a few weeks ago he talks about that very issue of motivation and trying to adapt himself after the disapointment of not breaking through at Spurs. I agree he has some talent, but it does not result in end product that counts for us. Currently he is just a squad player, we would be miles better with the 11 shown in the OP. Playing reid in that central role is where he is at his most effective and can inflict damage ion the opposition. Playing TC deeper allows him to dictate play and hurt defences with his passing. The team shown has way more balance.

Onomah needs to work out how he needs to work with the team to get the best from him and that has not really happened yet. A couple of charges up field from deep leading to wild shots or wasted opportunities from holding the ball way too long doesn't impress me.

fulhamfan

Onomah has impressed me more and more . his decision making needs work on though

Moltobueno

4-2-3-1
              Rodak

Odoi    Hector   Ream   Bryan

Cairney  Onomah

Knockaert     Reid     Cavaleiro

Mitrovic

or
4-1-4-1

Rodak

Odoi       Hector        Ream        Bryan

McDonald

Knockaert   Cairney  Onomah  Cavaleiro

Mitrovic

Statto

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on February 14, 2020, 08:50:39 AM
Wouldn't mind seeing an experimentation with this

Rodak

Christie Hector Ream Odoi

Onomah McDonald Cairney

Cavaleiro Mitrovic Bryan

Bryan is hopeless defensively, but his recent attacking form is promising. Reid been poorer over last couple games, so a break may help him.

Agree

Otherwise for me it's

Rodak

Odoi Hector Ream Bryan

Onomah McDonald Cairney

Cavaleiro Mitrovic Knockaert/Reid

We Are Premier League

Rodak

Odoi       Hector        Ream        Bryan

McDonald

Reid   Cairney  Onomah  Cavaleiro

Mitrovic

Matt10

I'll have to rewatch the match, but I'm still trying to figure out what was so bad about Arter vs Millwall. He made a bad challenge when the ball bobbled up and he was late, but other than that, what was so bad about him? It's not to say I do not mind my favorite player, StefJo, taking his place, but I won't throw a fit if Arter gets in the side again.

I agree about Kamara. Unfortunately, he's a striker trying to play a wide position, and just can't do it unless he gets behind the defense. Problem with that is it started to limit our attacks by having Hector send in square long balls to Kamara, or deeper long passes where Kamara couldn't even get past a slow LB for Millwall. Not sure what the upside is unless we play him staggered behind Mitro.

Personally, I'd go for something like 4-1-2-3, where StefJo drops deep to orchestrate a bit like he's used to. There was a stretch in which he was doing that this season, but we struggled defensively when our fullbacks would overcommit forward - and StefJo's pace just wouldn't be there. I think Parker has figured out how to get slower paced CDMs to benefit more by ensuring we have cover through a fullback and our centre backs do not confront counter attacks so aggressively high up the pitch like before (Hull City comes at home comes to mind). I think Onomah's drive was strong vs Millwall, but they were also playing with a fairly deep defensive line at times, something Barnsley won't allow too often. The good thing is Onomah is a true box-to-box player, so StefJo should have cover centrally if he opts to go higher up the pitch.

Rodak

Christie    Hector      Ream      Bryan

Stefjo

Cairney           Onomah

Cavaleiro      Mitro       Reid

Subs: Betts, Kebano, Odoi, Kamara, McDonald, Sess, Arter

Here's hoping the match isn't called off due to the storm, would be a shame as we need to see the team in action right away to get back on positive track (hopefully) overall.

Statto

Interestingly the FFC official Instrgram account has just posted a montage of Joe Bryan's assists for Mitrovic this season

First comment is "BUT HE CAN'T DEFEND"... from Joe Bryan himself!