watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why The Parker Dislike?

Started by ChesterTheTabby, February 14, 2020, 02:45:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

(What an enlightening discussion post you must be thinking to yourselves).
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

RaySmith

Quote from: OhConnah on February 14, 2020, 02:45:16 AM
Is absurd. Thank you for your time  049:gif

0001.jpeg
049:gif

Snibbo

Quote from: OhConnah on February 14, 2020, 02:45:16 AM
Is absurd. Thank you for your time  049:gif

:plus one:

The Rational Fan

Team with Parachute Payments Cut and Two Next Seasons
    • Blackburn Rovers F.C.    30th June 2016 (Cham 22nd and League One)
    • Bolton Wanderers F.C.    30th June 2016 (League One Promoted and Cham 21st)
    • Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C.    30th June 2016 (Cham 15th and Cham 1st)
    • Reading F.C.    30th June 2017 (Cham 20th and Cham 20th)
    • Wigan Athletic F.C.       30th June 2017   (League One Promoted and Cham 18th)
    • Norwich City F.C.    30th June 2018  (Sell Maddison and Cham 1st)
    • Hull City F.C.    30th June 2019   (Currently 13th and TBD)
    • Queens Park Rangers F.C.    30th June 2019   (Currently 19th and TBD)
    • Middlesbrough F.C.    30th June 2019 (Currently 19th and TBD)
    • Sunderland A.F.C.    30th June 2020   (TBD and TBD)
    • Fulham F.C.    30th June 2021 (TBD and TBD)
    Parker can do well, but unless he get promoted we fall into an FFP hole, like the teams above some with rich owners.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Bassey the warrior

Yeah it's an overreaction, but at the same time I do feel he's not making the most of our forward lime due to being a bit over cautious. I like that we're more solid and resilient now, but against Charlton and Millwall he needed to be a bit braver in the second half.

There's still time to turn it around. I'd like to see more of Stefjo and Kebano and more balls in the box for Mitro.

MJG

I wouldnt say its Parker hate, thats too strong a word.
I don't like Parker, find him very hard to warm to and its been like that since he joined as a player.

But that also doesn't mean I don't want us to do well.
Just the views of a long term fan

Sting of the North

I don't know if this thread refers to somewhere else than this board, because I have seen very little Parker hate. Some don't seem to like him, and quite a few have been critical but seen very few totally over the top posts. Much more 'hate' towards many players, and even then it is usually just a few that can't seem to take anything in moderation.

Being critical, or even disliking someone or something is not at all the same as hate.

But maybe the OP refers to twitter or something, which is quite often littered with hateful and moronic garbage.

toshes mate

Etymology would suggest a thread entitled "Re:The Parker Love" would be equally worthy of the words 'Is absurd.' in the OP ...   

Twig

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 14, 2020, 08:25:53 AM
I don't know if this thread refers to somewhere else than this board, because I have seen very little Parker hate. Some don't seem to like him, and quite a few have been critical but seen very few totally over the top posts. Much more 'hate' towards many players, and even then it is usually just a few that can't seem to take anything in moderation.

Being critical, or even disliking someone or something is not at all the same as hate.

But maybe the OP refers to twitter or something, which is quite often littered with hateful and moronic garbage.

Sting, hate is of course too strong a word and I agree that I haven't seen anything resembling that.  However there have been some pretty extreme and rather unpleasant views aired, particularly when posters stray into criticising his personal traits.  Only recently posters stated that (and I am relying on memory) "He didn't possess a single brain cell", "lacked even the remotest degree of tactical nous", etc. 

Personally I try not to take too much notice of the more extreme views and inflammatory language that is used by a tiny minority, I assume it is attention seeking.  But it is certainly the case that opinions expressed in this way raise the temperature on both sides of the debate (or any other come to that).

ALG01

I thought parker was as good a choice as anyone else for manager.
he is OK
He iMO is showing his inexperience and I am not sure if he is not being brave enough or whether he is being too brave because some of his team selection and substitutions have really cost us dear.

he has a preferred way of playing and thinks the players can do it... then you have to stick to it, blinkered, and only make minor tweaks as you go along. Clearly suicidal playing out from the back does not mean adopt the long ball game but we do get caught rather too often. ASlso with mitro there seems to be a reluctance for a freedom of movement from the other forwards... he needs to think about that.

Thirs place, level with leeds at this stage is OK and does not merit so many critics to be having a go but IMO, I really think we should have had a greater points total by now and I think his inexperience has held us back. I think he will be our manager next season whatever division we are in and unless we experience a spectacular collapse in the run in, he will deserve the second season.

gang

Ironically he was a player I always admired no matter which club he played for, even England; when he was fouled he didn't roll around, he just got up and continued playing.
He is an young inexperienced manager and we should stand behind him. All the top managers had a first club where they learnt and made mistakes.
Scott has his team in 3rd position in a very difficult division, let's get behind him.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: MJG on February 14, 2020, 08:18:13 AM
I don't like Parker, find him very hard to warm to and its been like that since he joined as a player.

:plus one: Exactly this.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

colinwhite

It all comes down to wanting what is best for the club.I dont hate or love parker but as long he is our manager I will give him the benefit of doubt,rather than picking holes for the sake of it. I think he is growing into the job ,but will need to show his metal in the run in. Its a decent squad he has but not one that is entitled to anything. If we get success it will be down to Parker just as much failure would also be his responsibility. I hope he gets us up because he could be the right man to keep us there.

Riversider

Quote from: MJG on February 14, 2020, 08:18:13 AM

+1000 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Statto

On any subject you get the odd abusive comment. The abusive posts about Parker aren't exceptional as far as I can tell. In fact as observed above, he seems to get less abuse than many of our players (eg Christie, Mawson, Ream, Onomah, Cairney and Kamara) and other managers (eg Jol, Magath, Symons and Ranieri).

I quite liked him as a player but otherwise, broadly agree with MJG.

There's no getting away from the fact that (a) his career has done very well out of this club and (b) this club has generally done poorly when he's been here.

I also still have the intuitive feeling that he's intellectually limited but am keeping an open mind on that.   

filham

We are joint second in the table on points, how can any true Fulham fan not be right behind Parker.

I can't imagine how anyone against Parker right now would have reacted to Dicks when he was our manager. At that time the worst reaction was the chant of "Dicks Out" made with a smile of humour.

Friendsoffulham

If members persist in posting discussions aimed at certain member groups, or, saying thinks like 'Some members on here are deluded' then your post will be removed, or edited - period.

Have an opinion, but don't make it personal towards others, or feel the need to jump on here just to start a fight.

'Hate' is a very strong word, and, when it comes to football, there will always be likes, dislikes or opinions towards certain players / coaches, that's football.

If you can't discuss topics in an orderly, adult fashion, then please refrain from doing so, this isn't that type of Forum.

Sgt Fulham

I think few people genuinely hate Parker or any manager. I didn't even hate Magath, just thought he was a clown and not fit for purpose.

I dont even think I dislike Parker even though I'd rather we never signed him or appointed him manager. He does have some very annoying mannerisms but dont we all. What I dislike is this idea that hes somehow Mr Fulham like Lampard is Mr Chelsea or Gerrard is Mr Liverpool. He was a mediocre player for us and has always been associated with failure at our club. I dont see that changing this year. I just feel fed up because we seem to be stuck with him and that gives me no excitement.

Fulham1959

Quote from: gang on February 14, 2020, 10:38:14 AM
Ironically he was a player I always admired no matter which club he played for, even England; when he was fouled he didn't roll around, he just got up and continued playing.
He is a young inexperienced manager and we should stand behind him. All the top managers had a first club where they learnt and made mistakes.
Scott has his team in 3rd position in a very difficult division, let's get behind him.

That is true.  But many 'old and experienced' managers have rubbish seasons (and Parker isn't having one).  Because Parker is young and inexperienced, many people assume that an old and experienced manager would have been a better bet.  The history of football managers will tell you that it ain't that simple.