https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why The Parker Dislike?

Started by ChesterTheTabby, February 14, 2020, 02:45:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Riversider on February 14, 2020, 10:55:12 AM
Quote from: MJG on February 14, 2020, 08:18:13 AM
I wouldnt say its Parker hate, thats too strong a word.
I don't like Parker, find him very hard to warm to and its been like that since he joined as a player.

But that also doesn't mean I don't want us to do well.

+1000 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

+2000  0001.jpeg

Twig

Just as a matter of interest why do posters state that Parker's time at FFC has always been associated with failure?

Sting of the North

Quote from: Twig on February 14, 2020, 11:20:43 PM
Just as a matter of interest why do posters state that Parker's time at FFC has always been associated with failure?

Likely because he joined and we then got relegated. Then he stayed for two really bad Championship seasons, and one decent. Then he left, and we got promoted in our only recent season without him. He came back and we got relegated again.

That's probably why.

Statto

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 15, 2020, 12:07:05 AM
Quote from: Twig on February 14, 2020, 11:20:43 PM

Likely because he joined and we then got relegated. Then he stayed for two really bad Championship seasons, and one decent. Then he left, and we got promoted in our only recent season without him. He came back and we got relegated again.

That's probably why.

In a nutshell.

Woolly Mammoth

Circumstantial and completely floored. Allowing personal feelings to cloud your judgement is ill advised. I hope Scott Parker forces you to eat your words, or rather than wait for that to happen just try and enjoy the ride, nobody said it was going to be without a few potholes on the way, and try and forget your prejudices. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mickeyboro

Parker is indeed a floored genius

fulhamben

I don't like Parker, find him very hard to warm to and its been like that since he joined as a player.

i hate Parker, with a passion. One of the biggest mistakes we have ever made was signing him as a player that is still haunting us 6 years later.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Luka

I don't dislike Parker The man it's his brand of football that irritates.

Spirit of 2000

He's dull, his football is dull, his tactics too often poor, even when we win we rarely actually play that well or entertain

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: fulhamben on February 15, 2020, 05:16:47 PM

i hate Parker, with a passion. One of the biggest mistakes we have ever made was signing him as a player that is still haunting us 6 years later.

He's like a bad smell that won't go away. I do not hate the man, he just annoys me.

Luka

The dislike is because a sh#t show like we witnessed today has ruined a lot of people's weekend......Again !

It's not the loss, it's the manner of the loss that matters to people.

Andy S

That's true we play like a team that has not practiced anything for years. Parker's plan B is to play with three at the back which rarely works in professional football. We play so predictably even bottom placed Barnsley can work out how to beat us. So if they can do it why can't we

MikeW

There's no hatred towards Parker from me.  But there is annoyance and, frankly, bafflement at his lack of tactical nous in being unable to adapt to other teams simple but effective methods of preventing our team playing as he wants.  Also his single minded belief that possession football played from just in front of our goalkeeper will enable us to walk this League.  (Quite literally at the pace some of our team play!)

As for his team selection .... very adequately covered elsewhere.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

HV71

Totally agree with you - I just can't follow the logic or thinking in terms of team selection from one game to the next and some of his substitutions leave me completely nonplussed