News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The sixteen days that will cost us promotion !

Started by Riversider, February 14, 2020, 11:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cottage expat

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 14, 2020, 02:56:40 PM
As you say, we could very well be in a four horse lottery, but nobody is a shoe in, and who is the Dark Horse, as far as Fulham are concerned we are fairly stable, and when we lose we have to get back on the horse, and not close the stable door after the horse has bolted. With 14 to go will a club come up on the rails at the last knockings, and it could go all the way to the wire.
I do not see why the manager should be nagged, because it's just flogging a deceased horse and that will only make you hoarse, as some harsh comments on here remind me of manure, so take my advice and stop walking around with a long face, and carrying a horse shoe will not help either. If you feel we are saddled with what we have, then so be it. Let us hope we are first past the finishing post. At least flag is black & white. The last time I placed money on a horse the wind blew it off.
Best to relax put your nose bag on and chew some hay, as the answer is like trying to find a strand of hay in a stack of needles. 
I am chewing over the cud whether to place a monkey or a pony on Fulham getting promoted one way or another, it's not a dead cert, and there are still plenty of fences to jump.
Is it a handicap having high expectations, as the going gets heavy it could turn out to be a steeplechase.
I am off now to close the stable door before this horse has bolted, otherwise we may have to bring in the cavalry.

That's right. Whip the neigh sayers into shape.

Twig

Riversider is always rather downbeat and   it comes over as vert negative but I don't think it is necessarily intended that way.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Twig on February 14, 2020, 11:05:26 PM
Riversider is always rather downbeat and   it comes over as vert negative but I don't think it is necessarily intended that way.

On reflection you are probably right.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Based on current form, we are weak in four positions CM, AM, RW and LW. We have three players in those positions that have made the PFA Team of the Year "Knockaert, Cairney and Reid" and for the remaining one place we have Cav. We have the players but we need to improve form, teamwork and drive then we will get the results of the last month against better teams. I disagree with those that think we are doing fine, but also disagree that we don't have the players.

rusty shackleford

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on February 14, 2020, 04:08:31 PM
Quote from: rusty shackleford on February 14, 2020, 02:56:15 PM
Looking at our fixtures I cant see us finishing top 2 anyway. Away to Forrest WBA and Leeds still to come
You'd rather have any of those rosters over Fulhams?

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

Having a good squad is only half of the equation

Vinnieffc

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on February 14, 2020, 04:08:31 PM
Quote from: rusty shackleford on February 14, 2020, 02:56:15 PM
Looking at our fixtures I cant see us finishing top 2 anyway. Away to Forrest WBA and Leeds still to come
You'd rather have any of those rosters over Fulhams?

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk
I thought a roster was a work shift pattern eg. Hello mate, would you swap my 1000 start for your 0700 tomorrow? I need to leave work early..

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

BestOfBrede

Roster is what you're hours are e.g rostered hours 35 a week
The Work Pattern is what makes up those hrs eg  7 hrs a day mon to fri

alfie

Quote from: ALG01 on February 14, 2020, 11:28:00 AM
What the future holds, none of us can predict. But I do totally agree that once again our leaders inability to bring in  one or two more players over the transfer window may prove fatal.

We may get away with it like in 2018 but we have already seen one or two injuries and suspensions have hurt us this season in a way we were very lucky then. I think a couple of more players could have sparked our performances. Whilst we are getting results in recent games our performcnes have been troubling in that we have not been that inspiring.

The owner and his son are playing russian roulette with our season once again, as you say it could end up one the greatest missed opportunities ever.
Can you name a player that would have been an upgrade on what we currently have that you know were available.
It's all well and good going on about lack signings, but tell us what you would have done.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Riversider

Quote from: colinwhite on February 14, 2020, 11:23:57 AM
Ive got a fiver says we will be top 2 !  youve got to lighten up its friday !

Will accept cash or PayPal not fussed which 😁

Riversider

Quote from: MJG on February 14, 2020, 11:43:08 AM
I think of myself as a pessimistic person and glass half empty guy and then read your posts and feel a whole lot happier about myself.

I would personally say my posts on here are quite mild when compared to your tweets today , at least I've only got one face and not two,  why don't you tell everybody that hasn't read them today what your views are on Parker and this season in general,  off you go.

Skatzoffc

imo, I can't say I agree with us needing new players in January (after Hector).

We have enough quality to win this league already.
What we need is a manager who knows how to use them effectively.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Statto

Quote from: Skatzoffc on February 15, 2020, 06:44:30 PM
imo, I can't say I agree with us needing new players in January (after Hector).

We have enough quality to win this league already.
What we need is a manager who knows how to use them effectively.

+1

andyk

We are gonna win the championship. 20/1 on offer today, stick a few quid on it and enjoy the summer.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 15, 2020, 07:28:07 AM
Based on current form, we are weak in four positions CM, AM, RW and LW. We have three players in those positions that have made the PFA Team of the Year "Knockaert, Cairney and Reid" and for the remaining one place we have Cav. We have the players but we need to improve form, teamwork and drive then we will get the results of the last month against better teams. I disagree with those that think we are doing fine, but also disagree that we don't have the players.

You hit the nail on the head there with "We have the players but we need to improve form, teamwork and drive" which is almost the definition of the manager/head coaches role. So...