News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The sixteen days that will cost us promotion !

Started by Riversider, February 14, 2020, 11:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Sorry to upset those of you that still think we are going to finish top 2 , because, well let's face it, were just not good enough,
This is a squad that needed something more and January gave us that perfect opportunity,  we converted loan signings to permanent,  and on January 15th we then signed Terrence Kongolo,  leaving us sixteen days to bring in those vital missing ingredients,
If I had posted on here after the Kongolo signing that we wouldn't bring anybody else in over the course of the next sixteen days nobody on here would have believed me,

Transfers can fall through for a multitude of reasons, and we will never know what went wrong over the course of those sixteen days, but that inactivity is ultimately going to prove costly,
My hopes were cruelly raised when we were linked with Jota as he is exactly the type of player that we are lacking when we come up against a stubborn compact defence,
I'm still hoping we can make the play offs but those sixteen days have ensured that this team led by Parker has virtually zero chance of making the top 2,
In years to come we will look back on season 19/20 As a missed golden opportunity.

colinwhite

Ive got a fiver says we will be top 2 !  youve got to lighten up its friday !

Dr Quinzel

I didn't expect any more signings, but it's fairly clear to me something went awry with the window in terms of outs not happening to make space for the potential in - Jota?
I imagine this happens a lot, but not quite getting over the line in time does seem to be becoming a specialty for Fulham.
I don't think that is what will cost us however and I don't think Jota was necessarily needed, not if we could get more out of TC.

ALG01

What the future holds, none of us can predict. But I do totally agree that once again our leaders inability to bring in  one or two more players over the transfer window may prove fatal.

We may get away with it like in 2018 but we have already seen one or two injuries and suspensions have hurt us this season in a way we were very lucky then. I think a couple of more players could have sparked our performances. Whilst we are getting results in recent games our performcnes have been troubling in that we have not been that inspiring.

The owner and his son are playing russian roulette with our season once again, as you say it could end up one the greatest missed opportunities ever.

MJG

I think of myself as a pessimistic person and glass half empty guy and then read your posts and feel a whole lot happier about myself.
Just the views of a long term fan

Jimpav

Quote from: MJG on February 14, 2020, 11:43:08 AM
I think of myself as a pessimistic person and glass half empty guy and then read your posts and feel a whole lot happier about myself.

Glad it wasn't just me that thought this!

KJS

Riverside _ You really need to see a therapist before you top yourself over deppression🙄🙄🙄

Fulham1959

For heaven's sake, it's not all about promotion and trophies*. (*just as well, in the case of Fulham)

Just enjoy the football, the ups and the downs.  It's the journey/destination syndrome.  Doctors need a lot of patients and football fans need a lot more patience - a forlorn hope, I know.

Woolly Mammoth

Remember only 2 teams out of 24 teams can finish in the top 2, so the odds are against us from the start.
Let's relax and rest, it's going to be an exciting and intriguing 14 matches with ups and downs along the way, anything can happen, and those 14 matches may end up turning into 17 matches, and its nice to be in the mix with a chance. At the very least it's interesting and pure theatre.
At the end of the line, it will be glorious victory for 3 clubs, and heartbreak and disappointment for the rest, and life will go on.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Even in my most darkest and dreaded moments of despair following FFC it would never occur to me to say SP and his team have zero chance of top two unless and until it becomes a mathematical certainty.  I still have a hope that SP will see the light very soon and select and have his team playing as it should have done from the very beginning of the season and I don't believe the winter window would have made any difference at all to the outcome.  I prefer Lorenz's butterfly effect - if you get the little things right the big things will follow suit. 

filham

We are in the mix with 14 matches to go so lets just concentrate on and enjoy the next match and forget any missed opportunity in the last window, nothing can be done about that now. However Parker can motivate the team for the Barnsley game and he has a pretty good squad of players at his disposal.

No I don't think the team is quite good enough for automatic promotion but there is a chance and while that chance is there it is best that we all get behind the team with our full support rather than talk about what may have been.

Maidstone Lee

I want us back in the big time as soon as possible. I just feel that the football we currently play will not get us there. Yes we are 3rd but we have the hardest run in out of the teams around us and apart from the Millwall game, we haven't really clicked this season. Yet ever the optimist, I hope we can turn the screw and secure a top 2 spot!
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Facts Not Fiction

jarv

Promotion...the good news in USA, I can watch every Fulham game in the premier on tv. The bad news, I have a feeling I will be watching them lose almost every week.(again).

Season ticket holders, be careful what you wish for. I envy you all, going to the cottage every home game. 049:gif

Rambler

I don't think TK has done badly at all, in fact the opposite. We've been unlucky with injuries and the only gripe is not having a decent RB.
If we don't get promoted it's not TK fault at all, it'll be the managers. The squad is perfectly good enough. It certainly isn't PL quality though

Milo

Disagree we needed more signings. We needed to be more attacking and more consistent.

Jim©

Quote from: ALG01 on February 14, 2020, 11:28:00 AM
it could end up one the greatest missed opportunities ever.

Just as your post could end up as one of the greatest examples of hyperbole ever?

Radiowhite

Lighten up my friend
3rd in the league  :yay:

Chesh

Sometimes, people post the biggest nonsense and over analyse things.

Regardless of how you think the transfer window went, if you think we've 'no chance' of 2nd, when we're currently level with 2nd on points, then you need to go and have a lie down.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

ALG01

Just to make a point for the more optimistic.

We are in a rather better place than I expected pre season (check my very negative predictions). We got in some good players in summer and that has got us in the mix. we have a team we a magnificent work ethic and they are obviously a very united group. But I do think with a couple of more beteer class players especially two full backs, we could have been properly fulfilling our potential. I did really think TK and his dad would have learned from the lessons of the last few seasons, apparently not.

as a result we are now in a four horse lottery for top two. I do not think SP or the squad are cut out for winning the play offs agaion and to be honest I don't really want to go through that misery again.