News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The sixteen days that will cost us promotion !

Started by Riversider, February 14, 2020, 11:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rusty shackleford

Looking at our fixtures I cant see us finishing top 2 anyway. Away to Forrest WBA and Leeds still to come

Woolly Mammoth

As you say, we could very well be in a four horse lottery, but nobody is a shoe in, and who is the Dark Horse, as far as Fulham are concerned we are fairly stable, and when we lose we have to get back on the horse, and not close the stable door after the horse has bolted. With 14 to go will a club come up on the rails at the last knockings, and it could go all the way to the wire.
I do not see why the manager should be nagged, because it's just flogging a deceased horse and that will only make you hoarse, as some harsh comments on here remind me of manure, so take my advice and stop walking around with a long face, and carrying a horse shoe will not help either. If you feel we are saddled with what we have, then so be it. Let us hope we are first past the finishing post. At least flag is black & white. The last time I placed money on a horse the wind blew it off.
Best to relax put your nose bag on and chew some hay, as the answer is like trying to find a strand of hay in a stack of needles. 
I am chewing over the cud whether to place a monkey or a pony on Fulham getting promoted one way or another, it's not a dead cert, and there are still plenty of fences to jump.
Is it a handicap having high expectations, as the going gets heavy it could turn out to be a steeplechase.
I am off now to close the stable door before this horse has bolted, otherwise we may have to bring in the cavalry.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Peabody

Riversider, is there anything you like about Fulham? Because if there is, I have never seen you put it out there. 

Southcoastffc

Over the last 10 games we are top of the form table, having taken 21 points.    Over the last 5 games we've taken 11 points, with only Bristol City (12) and Preston (13) having taken more.   We're not doing too badly.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Whitesideup

Hard run in?  I don't care. If we are not good enough to take points off the top 6 in the Championship, what chance would we have against the bottom 6 in the Premier League? So, we would / could miss out on promotion...not the end of the world, especially if we are not good enough. 

I am focussing my worries on playing Barnsley on Saturday. I don't think it will be at all easy, but am very happy to be proved wrong.

And incidentally, while we have a hard run in, no other team will be relishing playing us either.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Milo on February 14, 2020, 01:48:49 PM
Disagree we needed more signings. We needed to be more attacking and more consistent.
This.

I don't even care deeply about the top 2 because Fulham is inconsistent...but are going to be the favorites in any playoff setting because of the players on it's roster.

We'll see if the light comes on.

Anyone complaining about roster moves simply has an agenda imo..

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: rusty shackleford on February 14, 2020, 02:56:15 PM
Looking at our fixtures I cant see us finishing top 2 anyway. Away to Forrest WBA and Leeds still to come
You'd rather have any of those rosters over Fulhams?

Peabody

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on February 14, 2020, 04:08:31 PM

Sorry to be ignorant but what is a roster?

WindyCity

Quote from: Fulham1959 on February 14, 2020, 12:02:01 PM
For heaven's sake, it's not all about promotion and trophies

Uhhhh....yes it is.......

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Peabody on February 14, 2020, 04:22:02 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on February 14, 2020, 04:08:31 PM

Sorry to be ignorant but what is a roster?
Squad old chap, squad.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

YankeeJim

Quote from: KJS on February 14, 2020, 11:57:28 AM
Riverside _ You really need to see a therapist before you top yourself over deppression🙄🙄🙄

:plus one:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Deeping_white

I'm convinced you're a QPR or Brentford supporter, Riversider. All you ever do is whinge about Fulham but our neighbours are really well run and amazing clubs, but both are doing worse than us🤔

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: KJS on February 14, 2020, 11:57:28 AM
Riverside _ You really need to see a therapist before you top yourself over deppression🙄🙄🙄

All due respect Riverside, I would go one step further and fast track you to see a Vet.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Gezza

Quote from: ALG01 on February 14, 2020, 11:28:00 AM
What the future holds, none of us can predict. But I do totally agree that once again our leaders inability to bring in  one or two more players over the transfer window may prove fatal.

We may get away with it like in 2018 but we have already seen one or two injuries and suspensions have hurt us this season in a way we were very lucky then. I think a couple of more players could have sparked our performances. Whilst we are getting results in recent games our performcnes have been troubling in that we have not been that inspiring.

The owner and his son are playing russian roulette with our season once again, as you say it could end up one the greatest missed opportunities ever.
Having a go at The Khans again  Graham Leggat that's unusual ! What exactly do you mean by "playing Russian roulette with our season " If you mean they are trying to get promotion without spending money I strongly suggest you tot up what they have spent over the last three years.

BarryP

Quote from: Riversider on February 14, 2020, 11:19:36 AM
Sorry to upset those of you that still think we are going to finish top 2 , because, well let's face it, were just not good enough,
This is a squad that needed something more and January gave us that perfect opportunity,  we converted loan signings to permanent,  and on January 15th we then signed Terrence Kongolo,  leaving us sixteen days to bring in those vital missing ingredients,
If I had posted on here after the Kongolo signing that we wouldn't bring anybody else in over the course of the next sixteen days nobody on here would have believed me,

Transfers can fall through for a multitude of reasons, and we will never know what went wrong over the course of those sixteen days, but that inactivity is ultimately going to prove costly,
My hopes were cruelly raised when we were linked with Jota as he is exactly the type of player that we are lacking when we come up against a stubborn compact defence,
I'm still hoping we can make the play offs but those sixteen days have ensured that this team led by Parker has virtually zero chance of making the top 2,
In years to come we will look back on season 19/20 As a missed golden opportunity.

This is true in the same sense that we had zero chance of avoiding relegation during the Great Escape season yet what a torturously, wonderful ride it was all the way to the final whistle.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

JoelH5

I was there, standing in the Putney end

JoelH5

So we have the chance to beat them. 3 six pointers. Yes please!
I was there, standing in the Putney end

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Peabody on February 14, 2020, 03:29:19 PM
Riversider, is there anything you like about Fulham? Because if there is, I have never seen you put it out there. 
Agree
Well said!

Snibbo