more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

JIMMY CONWAY MOMENT PLEASE

Started by South Coast White, February 14, 2020, 08:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

South Coast White

PLEASE Fulham FC
Can we have a minutes applause tomorrow for a great Fulham legend.

Dodger53

He was one of the greatest Fulham players. I loved seeing him play.

BestOfBrede

Personally I would love a minutes silence
I just feel it's a moment to show respect and remember
But I am old fashioned, so if it's applause then so be it.

Twig

Applause, silence, either way the club should and must pay a mark of respect.

Snibbo

Perhaps the most alround talented player I've ever seen. Could play full back,  midfield and wing.  Great ball control,  good in the tackle. I remember once he was given the job of man marking the great Geoff Hurst and did so very effectively. I think we beat west ham 2-0 and the headline in the Evening Standard was "Hurst  Handcuffed"

colinwhite

RIP .great player. Probably my all time favourite in a whites shirt.Him and Les share it.

Andy S

One of our best players from the 60s/70s Jimmy on one wing and Les Barrett on the other. Jimmy was a good goal scorer as well and always played the game with a smile on his face. RIP Jim and condolences to all your family

I Ronic

Quote from: BestOfBrede on February 14, 2020, 09:53:13 PM
Personally I would love a minutes silence
I just feel it's a moment to show respect and remember
But I am old fashioned, so if it's applause then so be it.

Be nice if we could give the man both. Respect then appreciation. I know squad numbers didn't really exist back then but I seem to remember him as no7. So maybe a minutes silence and then applause and the Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Conway chant on 7 minutes?
Doesnt matter what age you are it still gets to you when your heroes pass away.

bog

I think we should have both. I wish I was going today.   

Cambridge Pete

Could not agree more. As soon as I heard the sad news last night I thought of the Chant for Jimmy. RIP and thank you for the memories

Bill2

On the 7th minute to match his shirt number.

Logicalman

Gutted to see have read this. He, with sniffer, were my childhood and teen heroes, over and above all other players.

Both a minutes silence and a 7th minute applause seems very appropriate. Absolute Fulham (and Portland) Legend, never forgotten.

He was a hero and legend both sides of the pond, not something too many players can truly claim: A lovely picture tribute to his career can be found here:  Timbers Teammates For Life Jimmy Conway
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.