watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

No Starting 11

Started by ChesterTheTabby, February 15, 2020, 11:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Why does Scotty make these random starting 11 changes every 3 games or so? He ruins the team chemistry for the sake of what? Steven Sess and Knockers should not have started today. AK47 and Arter should not have started the other week. These are just two examples of some baffling team selections that cost us. Bobby D.R. needs to start, KMac needs to start, Odoi needs to start. Johansen over Onomah also for me. Come on Scotty, your starting 11 cannot be that hard to figure out. Also, two up top would also be nice if you are going to manipulate a system rather than isolating Mitro every single game an relying on headers.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Woolly Mammoth

That all makes a lot of sense to me, so why doesn't it makes sense to SP.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Milo

Think:

Cav, Mitro, Knockaert
Reid
Macdonald, Johansen
Bryan, Ream, Hector, Odoi
Rodak

Offers us the most dynamic team right now with some fight and some attacking intent. The key would be D Reid. He would sit just behind Mitro providing the directness to our play, but also push up to drag players away from Mitro when our wingers have the ball.

clarkey

Team line up on Saturday without Stefan was madness. Exactly the right player for the conditions and the opposition.

First sub should have been Stefan, last to leave field should have been Mac,  Parker just mystifyingly awful decisions.

Like not playing Reid alongside Mitro. One up on a day like Saturday was just so thick, but it is the same every week. That is why we have so much possession and so few real chances.

Time to learn: play Knoc OR Cav not both, play Reid next to Mitro and play McDonald every game, Stefan over Cairney at the moment.

All basic and obvious to anyone who knows the game. We have a good squad but seriously play so far below our level it is laughable.

SAD.

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: clarkey on February 16, 2020, 08:42:41 AM
Team line up on Saturday without Stefan was madness. Exactly the right player for the conditions and the opposition.

First sub should have been Stefan, last to leave field should have been Mac,  Parker just mystifyingly awful decisions.

Like not playing Reid alongside Mitro. One up on a day like Saturday was just so thick, but it is the same every week. That is why we have so much possession and so few real chances.

Time to learn: play Knoc OR Cav not both, play Reid next to Mitro and play McDonald every game, Stefan over Cairney at the moment.

All basic and obvious to anyone who knows the game. We have a good squad but seriously play so far below our level it is laughable.

SAD.

:plus one:
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

HV71

SAD.

Great post .
Whilst I have said we should stick with Parker I simply cannot understand his thinking. His reaction that we 'lacked intensity' was completely wrong. As many have commented - only Mac had worked out that short passes was the answer  to replace him and to bring on Arter was wrong on so many counts. Arter epitomises 'intense'  but was the opposite of what we required. We needed someone to show some composure and to 'think' and to pull the strings. I know our slow build up play is often far too slow  - but running around like headless chickens hitting high balls with a gale force wind blowing is totally brainless. Mac and Stefjo should have been pivotal yesterday - and we needed Odois experience and pace at the back- sadly they were not given the chance and that is down to one man and one man alone

filham

After a full pre season, a league cup tie, two FA cup ties and 33 Championship matches Parker still doesn't know his best starting line up.
Will he go on experimenting until the end of the season and then bring in more of the same during the summer so that next season is even a bigger muddle.

Arthur

Quote from: OhConnah on February 15, 2020, 11:51:14 PM
Why does Scotty make these random starting 11 changes every 3 games or so? He ruins the team chemistry for the sake of what?

Bobby D.R. needs to start, KMac needs to start, Odoi needs to start.

Johansen over Onomah also for me. 

I think many of us fall into the same trap.

We espouse the merits of consistent team selection... for as long as the manager picks the players we want to see.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Milo on February 15, 2020, 11:59:08 PM
Think:

Cav, Mitro, Knockaert
Reid
Macdonald, Johansen
Bryan, Ream, Hector, Odoi
Rodak

Offers us the most dynamic team right now with some fight and some attacking intent. The key would be D Reid. He would sit just behind Mitro providing the directness to our play, but also push up to drag players away from Mitro when our wingers have the ball.
I totally  agree BDR has by far had his best games in the 10 position just behind Mitro.
When fit I would personally have Harrison Reid as a DMF'der.
Not too sure about  Knocky his decision making is dreadful  at times.